More bad news from Mosley

khiladi

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2366485 said:
Ok, I say this with a small caveat... There's a 10% chance he was just being a smart***, but I'm almost positive he was serious about this:

He said Ellis basically thought he wasn't being rushed enough, and went to Jerry with his complaint. Tank did the same thing.

He says that Jerry basically went to Wade and asked him to change this, and also take over the playcalling from Stewart.

Mosley says that internally, this team looks even worse than it does from the outside.

Coach Jerry has to go, or we're headed back to 5-11. He just has to go. :banghead:

(I'll wait for the "Go Jerry, you rule!" comments, though.)

If Wade can't see that Greg needs to not be covering as much, it is better that Jerry flat-out coach this team... BTW, ESPN is full of BS. They manipulate what is truth into a story that isn't true. Wade has already said a that Ellis will be rushing more and that he taking over play-calling duties... ESPN probably created the context behind it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Stewart demotion was a Jerry move all the way.

You really think Wade would throw his guy under the bus? Not a chance.

This team is screwed.

The problem is everything in Dallas is just way to magnified and the over-reaction moves kill this team.

A loss is never a loss. Its fire the coach, do this, do that, do do do.

This team isn't very good without Romo and if Romo were playing last Sunday im pretty sure Stewart still has his job.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
khiladi;2366523 said:
If Wade can't see that Greg needs to not be covering as much, it is better that Jerry flat-out coach this team...

:lmao2:

I shouldn't be surprised, but...

Thanks for the laugh.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;2366496 said:
Which came first, CL - the chicken or the egg?

Are the players bypassing Wade because they have no faith in him, or are they bypassing Wade because Jerry's too involved? Are they bypassing Wade because they know he won't hold them accountable for doing so, or are they doing it because Jerry encourages it?

It's fine to just lay the blame at Jerry's feet, but you have to acknowledge that any coach with a decent pair would put an end to that immediately. Just another knock against Wade, just another knock against Jerry.

Great point.

And Wade could put a stop to it by standing up for himself, both with the players and with the owner.

He might get fired anyway but at least he could walk away knowing he did what he could and lost doing it his way.

With some dignity.

khiladi

Reaction score
CATCH17;2366526 said:

This team is screwed.

Brain Stewart didn't get thrown under the bus by anybody other than himself... Whether it was a Jerry move or Wade move, it is of little relevance. Hell, I don't care if Jerry did it after consulting a palm reader... The fact is, it needed to happen...

The guy had no more business calling the defensive plays....

If the defense is worse off after this fact, then Wade definitely needs to be fired..

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Ok, I say this with a small caveat... There's a 10% chance he was just being a smart***, but I'm almost positive he was serious about this:

He said Ellis basically thought he wasn't being rushed enough, and went to Jerry with his complaint. Tank did the same thing.

He says that Jerry basically went to Wade and asked him to change this, and also take over the playcalling from Stewart.

Mosley says that internally, this team looks even worse than it does from the outside.

Coach Jerry has to go, or we're headed back to 5-11. He just has to go. :banghead:

come on dude...use your own eyes for stuff like this.

IF Ellis and Johnson did complain, they almost assuredly went to Wade and Stewart first, and niether apparently did anything about it. Ellis SHOULD be rushing the QB most of the time, as should Ware. If WP and dumbarse Stewart cant figure it out on their own, then Jones should tell thm.

All the hate on Jerry stuff gets old, anyone can plainly see this is a poorly coached team.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CATCH17;2366526 said:

This team is screwed.

The problem is everything in Dallas is just way to magnified and the over-reaction moves kill this team.

A loss is never a loss. Its fire the coach, do this, do that, do do do.

This team isn't very good without Romo and if Romo were playing last Sunday im pretty sure Stewart still has his job.

Stewart does still have a job, if he did get demoted or stripped of playcalling duties as rumored, he damn well earned it. Dont tell me your so blind that you cant see the defense has been horrible.

Nobody other than Wade would have hired Stewart as a DC to begin with.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
dbair1967;2366537 said:
come on dude...use your own eyes for stuff like this.

IF Ellis and Johnson did complain, they almost assuredly went to Wade and Stewart first, and niether apparently did anything about it. Ellis SHOULD be rushing the QB most of the time, as should Ware. If WP and dumbarse Stewart cant figure it out on their own, then Jones should tell thm.

All the hate on Jerry stuff gets old, anyone can plainly see this is a poorly coached team.

I'm amazed that you would say this, david.

Why not just give Jerry the whistle? Seriously.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Whats funny is all these PLAYERS were crying about our coaching philosiphies being to simple under Bill.

And now they are wanting to cut back because the PLAYERS say both systems are to difficult.

Man we have a dumb team lol.

Boysboy

Reaction score
CATCH17;2366543 said:
Whats funny is all these PLAYERS were crying about our coaching philosiphies being to simple under Bill.

And now they are wanting to cut back because the PLAYERS say both systems are to difficult.

Man we have a dumb team lol.

That's what I've been saying since the Giants playoff game. I've gotten alot of flack for it, of course, but I saw it coming since our playoff meltdown.

Heck-even Cowher would *cringe* at the thought of coaching this team.

khiladi

Reaction score
CATCH17;2366543 said:

They weren't crying about it being simple, they were crying about it not being aggressive and too passive. They were crying about the read-and-react philosophy of the defense and when Wade first came on board, all of them were excited about the possibility that Wade would bring an attack-first defense...

And they are flat-out right....

Wade didn't bring what he promised... He brought a crappy read-and-react, scared and passive defense that has the corners play 50 feet off the receiver, because the coaches are too scared that they are going to get beat deep, and are getting beat deep anyways...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2366542 said:

Do you honestly believe this has been a good coaching job?

Seriously?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
At this point, I'd take Jerry Jones over Wade as head coach. Seriously! Jerry knows football.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
dbair1967;2366548 said:
Do you honestly believe this has been a good coaching job?

Seriously?

It sure was last year. Who can coach when this kind of crap is going on?

Now, do you honestly believe it's a good idea for the players to be able to go over the coach's head and get their way?

Seriously?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2366542 said:

I can see it now, It will come with a spring and summer reality show...

Jerry Jones the making of a coach.

Jerry HC
Stephen DC
Jerry JR OC
Shy anderson ST

This might as well be the scenario. And for anyone who doesnt believe this, tank told clarence hill in hills quick hits column today this exact same thing...he said ware and ellis are the best in the business and they need to be rushing every down.

and joe avezzano said on hansens sunday sports show that Jerry would come into meetings all the time and do what he wanted and when he left the coaches had to tell the players to ignore him essentially.

its a sad pathetic situation. the team is horrible and jerry ducks out of the way and allows parcells to run the team, magically the team is good again....the spotlight is bright, everyone is paying attention and campo and houck end up back here and so does hard knocks.

next thing you know, jerry is making football decisions. And what do you know we are 4-3 and on a fast track to 7-9 if we are lucky.

Next year will only be worse.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score

I don't think it's coach Jerry if the players are complaining to him ???? Why should someone that had 12 sacks last year not be rushed more that what he's been so far? Tank sucks and he should shut up before he gets cut

Dodger12

Reaction score
khiladi;2366523 said:
If Wade can't see that Greg needs to not be covering as much, it is better that Jerry flat-out coach this team... BTW, ESPN is full of BS. They manipulate what is truth into a story that isn't true. Wade has already said a that Ellis will be rushing more and that he taking over play-calling duties... ESPN probably created the context behind it.

Ellis was covering and chipping Winslow off the line all day against the Browns and the game plan worked to perfection. Ellis even stated as much after the game that he had some conerns but it worked out well.

Mosley also reported that Wade went to Garrett and asked him to simplify the offense as well. That JG should find several run and pass plays that work well and that's what they're going to run at practice during the week.

There's nothing wrong with the scheme(s). Wade has lost this team. They are undiciplined and don't respect the HC. The results will be the same until Wade is long gone and Jerry wakes up and hires or promotes a coach who can control what happens on the field.

superpunk

Reaction score
Dodger12;2366565 said:
There's nothing wrong with the scheme(s). Wade has lost this team. They are undiciplined and don't respect the HC. The results will be the same until Wade is long gone and Jerry wakes up and hires or promotes a coach who can control what happens on the field.
This is the appropriate paragraph.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2366556 said:
I can see it now, It will come with a spring and summer reality show...

Jerry Jones the making of a coach.

Jerry HC
Stephen DC
Jerry JR OC
Shy anderson ST

This might as well be the scenario. And for anyone who doesnt believe this, tank told clarence hill in hills quick hits column today this exact same thing...he said ware and ellis are the best in the business and they need to be rushing every down.

and joe avezzano said on hansens sunday sports show that Jerry would come into meetings all the time and do what he wanted and when he left the coaches had to tell the players to ignore him essentially.

its a sad pathetic situation. the team is horrible and jerry ducks out of the way and allows parcells to run the team, magically the team is good again....the spotlight is bright, everyone is paying attention and campo and houck end up back here and so does hard knocks.

next thing you know, jerry is making football decisions. And what do you know we are 4-3 and on a fast track to 7-9 if we are lucky.

Next year will only be worse.

I had this scary feeling we would be the Ravens of last year.

Remember the Ravens '06 13-3 record, only to go one and done in the playoffs against the surging, soon-to-be SB Champs Colts. The year after, Brian "I run Creampuff TCs" Billick lost control of his locker room and got fired.

Now the same thing is happening to us...'07 13-3 record followed by a one and done in the playoffs against the surging, soon-to-be SB Champs Giants. The year after, Coach Cupcake loses control of his locker room and will get fired.

The only difference b/w the 2 teams they lost to was the first names of both teams' QBs.:bang2: