More bad news from Mosley

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't believe Jerry did that or would do that. Jerry is a egomaniac but I just don't see him going and telling his coach how to play call or who to do what with.

More over I don't see any NFL coach, even a nice guy one, taking that sort of thing from anyone, be it the players or the owners.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2366621 said:
I don't believe Jerry did that or would do that. Jerry is a egomaniac but I just don't see him going and telling his coach how to play call or who to do what with.

More over I don't see any NFL coach, even a nice guy one, taking that sort of thing from anyone, be it the players or the owners.
:lmao:

Dodger12

Reaction score
khiladi;2366597 said:
They had him chip Winslow at the line. He would then leave Winslow for the DB. It doesn't mean Winslow was being covered by Grge Ellis.

But it does mean that Ellis wasn't rushing the passer which some (Tank) claimed is what's wrong with the scheme.

khiladi;2366597 said:
There is plenty wrong with the scheme and even Wade said there was way prior to Mosley even given him BS story about it. If anybody claims there isn't, they are living in denial...

How many schemes are we going to go through to make everyone on the team happy? They griped about Parcells and raved when Phillips got here. The scheme was supposed to put players in a position to succeed. The same scheme helped this team go 13 and 3 last season. Truth is, the same playmakers are succeeding in this scheme as the last one.

This team, which is far more talented than last years squad, has stopped playing for Wade. Period.

FCBarca

Reaction score
If true it does lend itself to the comparisons with Al Davis nonsense...Players going past the coaching staff tells you exactly what kind of hold (Or lack thererof) the coach has on his team.

If that doesn't punch Wade's ticket outta Dallas, not sure what would

Dodger12

Reaction score
khiladi;2366610 said:
It isn't... The homers for BP are being hypocritical... Last year, they were writing post over post about how Bill deserves credit for the 13-3 record last year and for putting together such a talented roster... Now all of the sudden, they are trying to disaffiliate himself from the very roster they were so happy to give him credit for last year, when all was well in Texas...

Like who? The reason that people are so up in arms is that this is still a talented roster; moreso than last season's team. That's what's so frustrating.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Rampage;2366624 said:

Maybe I didn't keep up enough with the media in the past and missed a situation of this actually happening. Could you direct me to the proof you've seen that he has actually done this?

I'm not saying there is no way it has ever happened but I just don't see any owner, outside of Al Davis maybe, telling their coach who to play, where to play them, or how to play them.

So if there is proof of this actually happening please direct me too it cause I'd love to see it. I just find it incredibly hard to believe that anyone, even someone who desperately wants to be a HC, taking a job in Dallas, or for any team, if there was documented proof of the owner doing this sort of thing.

khiladi

Reaction score
But it does mean that Ellis wasn't rushing the passer which some (Tank) claimed is what's wrong with the scheme.

Rushing the passer doesn't mean he was never rushing the passer. It doesn't take a genius to understand that Tank meant he was covering too much. Further, the same article attributes the comments not to just Tank, but Greg as well. Hell, Mosely is full of crap, because every other report has Tank making these comments in light of the changes Wade was saying he was going to implement,

How many schemes are we going to go through to make everyone on the team happy? They griped about Parcells and raved when Phillips got here. The scheme was supposed to put players in a position to succeed. The same scheme helped this team go 13 and 3 last season. Truth is, the same playmakers are succeeding in this scheme as the last one.

This team, which is far more talented than last years squad, has stopped playing for Wade. Period.

The scheme is essentially the same. They are rushing base packages, and playing read-and-react. The same lack of aggresiveness is here that was here when Bill was coaching. The only difference is our secondary coverages are a little more complex, but they are even more passive with the cushion we give. They are just as vanilla this and last year, as they were under wade, with the exception of the beginning of the season.

It doesn't take a genius to understand the difference between how we attacked the Giants in game 2, flustering Eli for 8 delay of game penalties with all sorts of exotic looks, and our defensive game-plan in the play-offs.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
khiladi;2366610 said:
It isn't... The homers for BP are being hypocritical... Last year, they were writing post over post about how Bill deserves credit for the 13-3 record last year and for putting together such a talented roster... Now all of the sudden, they are trying to disaffiliate himself from the very roster they were so happy to give him credit for last year, when all was well in Texas...

Because most of us new Phillips family style wouldn't last. It hasn't through his career. The roster is fine minus the criminals. The coaching and Gm-ing are killing us.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2366571 said:
I had this scary feeling we would be the Ravens of last year.

Remember the Ravens '06 13-3 record, only to go one and done in the playoffs against the surging, soon-to-be SB Champs Colts. The year after, Brian "I run Creampuff TCs" Billick lost control of his locker room and got fired.

Now the same thing is happening to us...'07 13-3 record followed by a one and done in the playoffs against the surging, soon-to-be SB Champs Giants. The year after, Coach Cupcake loses control of his locker room and will get fired.

The only difference b/w the 2 teams they lost to was the first names of both teams' QBs.:bang2:

I think we are the chiefs of 1998. Its like a carbon copy, except we have a franchise qb. everything else is very similar. They even had joe horn and andre rison and we have you know who...

The Year of Big Promises and Little Returns

Chiefs end the season 7-9

Just after this page was created in early July, the preseason football media hype was all abuzz with all sorts of predictions about the upcoming season for the Chiefs. During the off-season, the Chiefs had aquired big name defensive players from around the AFC-WEST. Chester McGlockton, desiring to get out of Oakland, and Leslie O'Neal from the Chargers were to be joined with Derrick Thomas to form the Best-Defense-Ever-Assembled-In-The-History-Of-The-NFL. On offense, Elvis Grbac was set to have an injury free season and lead the Chiefs to new heights never before reached in the history of the Kansas City Chiefs. And while the Chiefs did not have much of a running game, the coaching staff had little concern. And why should they concerned? The Chiefs were picked by the so called NFL experts to walk away with the AFC-WEST title, despite the fact that the Denver Broncos were the defending champions. Then, racing to the Super Bowl would be no more difficult than a walk across the lawn. However, things happened along the way to the Super Bowl.

The 16-0 talk: Embraced by the Chiefs, their fans, and the media came claims of the Chiefs having the first undefeated season since the 1972 Miami Dolphins. With all of the off-season acquisitions on defense, and the offense having a healthy starting quarterback who had a great rapport with this receiving corps, the Chiefs were declared unbeatable. Someone forgot to give the undefeated script that was created in Kansas City to the rest of the NFL. The Chiefs had found their first loss in Week Two of the 1998 season.

Best-Defense-Ever-Assembled: Another outrageous prediction made, involving the Kansas City Chiefs, came from the Chief locker room. With the Chief defense looking so impressive, on paper, and the idea of the 16-0 season so firmly rooted in everyone's mind as a forgone conclusion, wouldn't it make sense that the Chiefs would easily shut-out at least half of their opponents? Apparently it only made sense to the Chiefs and their fans. This "fact" also did not get out to the rest of the NFL. The Chiefs not only failed to shut-out eight of their opponents, they failed to have a single shut-out. Worse, for the Chiefs, by season's end, they had not even defeated eight of their opponents. Despite the hype of the preseason, the Chiefs had not created the Best-Defense-Ever-Assembled-On-The-Face-Of-The-Planet-In-NFL-History. The Chiefs spent millions and millions of dollars on their defense and for what? For 7 wins out of 16 attempts. All of that money also brought about the benching of Derrick Thomas. The Chief defense would eventually fall behind the Oakland Raider defense in the season's final rankings, a team whose defense ranked 30th the year before.

Elvis returns: To the horror of many Chief fans, Elvis was seen in a Chiefs' uniform. The man the Chiefs looked to to lead them to the Super Bowl became one of the most despised members of the team. Before too long into the season, the home crowd could be heard chanting for the backup quarterback Rich Gannon. Still booed by the home crowd, Elvis Grbac ended the season as the "Chiefs' future" by the head coach. There are still doubts as to whether or not he can complete an entire season. And with some noted tirades directed towards his teammates on the offensive side of the ball, there may well be some legitmate concerns about his ability to lead the team.

Dirtiest Team in NFL History: By the end of their game in Week 17, the Chiefs had taken sole possession of the most dubious records in the NFL. Finishing ahead of the 1969 Oakland Raiders, the Chiefs had accumulated the most yards in penalties in a single season (1304 yards). The Chiefs had also jumped ahead of the 1994 Los Angeles Raiders, and the 1996 Oakland Raiders as the team to aquire the most penalties in a single season (158). The 1998 Chiefs took the most yellow flags and marched the most yardage, in the wrong direction, than any other team in NFL history. This matches the reputation the Chiefs developed as the dirtiest team in the NFL with their leg whips, chop blocks and player ejections. While many Chief fans will readily point to the Oakland Raiders as representing all that is evil in the NFL, in truth, they only have to look as far as their own team, Kansas City Raiders?.

The Coach resigns: Despite some heroic words following the end of the season, Head Coach Marty Schottenheimer walked away from the Chiefs on January 11th, 1999. While fans, and some of the local media, clamored for Schottenheimer to leave as the disastrous season moved along, he maintained that he would not resign. Apparently something happened between period after the Raider game in Week 17 and January 11th (please do not email me about any alleged personal or martial problems--I will not participate in the gossip). It is with mixed emotion that I report his departure. Without a doubt Lamar Hunt, owner of the Chiefs, was correct to remark that Schottenheimer brought a "golden age" to the Chiefs, being that he has the most wins in Chiefs' history, causing Anti-Chief fans to cringe. But, he also brought an unmatched level of frustration to Chief fans, holding a 3-7 playoff record with the Chiefs, including two losses at home. After 10 years, and lots of promises, Coach Schottenheimer did not lead the Chiefs to the Super Bowl. It will be difficult for the Chiefs to find another coach who can bring so many smiles to the readers of this page. Coach Schottenheimer leaves a team branded as outlaws, proven by their NFL records in most penalties in a season and most penalty yardage in a season, and a locker room full of bad attitudes. He also leaves a big question mark in the quarterback spot. There can only be doubt about the commitment to Elvis Grbac as the quarterback of the future. Of course Anti-Chief fans would love to see this happen, but a coaching change certainly leaves the Elvis Question up in the air. Coach Schottenheimer plans to do some traveling and to attend to his golf game. Perhaps he will have better luck putting the golf ball in the cup than in leading a team to the Super Bowl.

End result: The Chiefs did not finish the season 16-0. The Chiefs did not finish the season with 8 shut-outs of their opponents. The Chiefs did not make it to the Super Bowl. The Chiefs did not make it to the playoffs. The Chiefs did not finish first, second, or third in the AFC-WEST. The Chiefs did not finish with a winning record. The Chiefs did finish with a 7-9 record. They did finish with the most penalties in the NFL's history. The Chiefs did finish the year looking like the team they hate the most. They finished the year with a locker room of discontent and concern about the very nature of their team. They finished the year with the fans wanting the head of their starting quarterback, and some calling for the head of their head coach. They finished the year with antagonism between themselves, the local media, and their fans.

Jumping Ship: As if all of this were not bad enough for Chief fans, here is a list of players who have jumped ship, and the team they jumped to:

Anthony Davis--Green Bay Packers (unlike the Chiefs, the Packers have been to the Super Bowl since the early 70's)
Pellom McDaniels--Atlanta Falcons (maybe he likes doing the "dirty bird" better than playing in Kansas City)
Mark "Mighty Mouse" McMillian--San Francisco 49ers (funny about this one, usually it is the Chiefs that are in the habit of using Recycled 49er Trash, but in this case, the 49ers are using recycled Chief trash)
Rich Gannon--Oakland Raiders (ouch, it really must hurt to have their best QB go to the Raiders)
Dale Carter--Denver Broncos (hey, he just got tired of waiting for the Chiefs to make it to the Super Bowl. Can you blame him?)

Next Year? Let's hope all of this happens again.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2366639 said:
Because most of us new Phillips family style wouldn't last. It hasn't through his career. The roster is fine minus the criminals. The coaching and Gm-ing are killing us.

When my brother gave me a Romo jersey for Christmas in '06, he joked to me, "But you never know when you buy a players jersey, and he turns out NOT to be the guy sometime in the future...only to make the jersey worthless".

At the time, I laughed, as my confidence was sky high that we could very well win the Super Bowl that year.

*sigh* and I thought we were living in the good 'ole days then.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2366632 said:
Maybe I didn't keep up enough with the media in the past and missed a situation of this actually happening. Could you direct me to the proof you've seen that he has actually done this?

I'm not saying there is no way it has ever happened but I just don't see any owner, outside of Al Davis maybe, telling their coach who to play, where to play them, or how to play them.

So if there is proof of this actually happening please direct me too it cause I'd love to see it. I just find it incredibly hard to believe that anyone, even someone who desperately wants to be a HC, taking a job in Dallas, or for any team, if there was documented proof of the owner doing this sort of thing.
I'm not sure he's calling plays, I'm pretty sure he isn't. God I hope he isn't.

But I have seen the Avezzano quote about telling the players to ignore what Jerry says when he talks in the group meeetings, he seemed to be in every meeting in Hard Knocks. Jerry's got his hands in everything, much to the team's detriment imo.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2366621 said:

You are being sarcastic right?

Please tell me you are being sarcastic.

If you are not being sarcastic then...

Nah, you have to be saying that in a sarcastic manner.

Good one bro.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2366651 said:
I think we are the chiefs of 1998. Its like a carbon copy, except we have a franchise qb. everything else is very similar. They even had joe horn and andre rison and we have you know who...

The Year of Big Promises and Little Returns

Chiefs end the season 7-9

Just after this page was created in early July, the preseason football media hype was all abuzz with all sorts of predictions about the upcoming season for the Chiefs. During the off-season, the Chiefs had aquired big name defensive players from around the AFC-WEST. Chester McGlockton, desiring to get out of Oakland, and Leslie O'Neal from the Chargers were to be joined with Derrick Thomas to form the Best-Defense-Ever-Assembled-In-The-History-Of-The-NFL. On offense, Elvis Grbac was set to have an injury free season and lead the Chiefs to new heights never before reached in the history of the Kansas City Chiefs. And while the Chiefs did not have much of a running game, the coaching staff had little concern. And why should they concerned? The Chiefs were picked by the so called NFL experts to walk away with the AFC-WEST title, despite the fact that the Denver Broncos were the defending champions. Then, racing to the Super Bowl would be no more difficult than a walk across the lawn. However, things happened along the way to the Super Bowl.

The 16-0 talk: Embraced by the Chiefs, their fans, and the media came claims of the Chiefs having the first undefeated season since the 1972 Miami Dolphins. With all of the off-season acquisitions on defense, and the offense having a healthy starting quarterback who had a great rapport with this receiving corps, the Chiefs were declared unbeatable. Someone forgot to give the undefeated script that was created in Kansas City to the rest of the NFL. The Chiefs had found their first loss in Week Two of the 1998 season.

Best-Defense-Ever-Assembled: Another outrageous prediction made, involving the Kansas City Chiefs, came from the Chief locker room. With the Chief defense looking so impressive, on paper, and the idea of the 16-0 season so firmly rooted in everyone's mind as a forgone conclusion, wouldn't it make sense that the Chiefs would easily shut-out at least half of their opponents? Apparently it only made sense to the Chiefs and their fans. This "fact" also did not get out to the rest of the NFL. The Chiefs not only failed to shut-out eight of their opponents, they failed to have a single shut-out. Worse, for the Chiefs, by season's end, they had not even defeated eight of their opponents. Despite the hype of the preseason, the Chiefs had not created the Best-Defense-Ever-Assembled-On-The-Face-Of-The-Planet-In-NFL-History. The Chiefs spent millions and millions of dollars on their defense and for what? For 7 wins out of 16 attempts. All of that money also brought about the benching of Derrick Thomas. The Chief defense would eventually fall behind the Oakland Raider defense in the season's final rankings, a team whose defense ranked 30th the year before.

Elvis returns: To the horror of many Chief fans, Elvis was seen in a Chiefs' uniform. The man the Chiefs looked to to lead them to the Super Bowl became one of the most despised members of the team. Before too long into the season, the home crowd could be heard chanting for the backup quarterback Rich Gannon. Still booed by the home crowd, Elvis Grbac ended the season as the "Chiefs' future" by the head coach. There are still doubts as to whether or not he can complete an entire season. And with some noted tirades directed towards his teammates on the offensive side of the ball, there may well be some legitmate concerns about his ability to lead the team.

Dirtiest Team in NFL History: By the end of their game in Week 17, the Chiefs had taken sole possession of the most dubious records in the NFL. Finishing ahead of the 1969 Oakland Raiders, the Chiefs had accumulated the most yards in penalties in a single season (1304 yards). The Chiefs had also jumped ahead of the 1994 Los Angeles Raiders, and the 1996 Oakland Raiders as the team to aquire the most penalties in a single season (158). The 1998 Chiefs took the most yellow flags and marched the most yardage, in the wrong direction, than any other team in NFL history. This matches the reputation the Chiefs developed as the dirtiest team in the NFL with their leg whips, chop blocks and player ejections. While many Chief fans will readily point to the Oakland Raiders as representing all that is evil in the NFL, in truth, they only have to look as far as their own team, Kansas City Raiders?.

The Coach resigns: Despite some heroic words following the end of the season, Head Coach Marty Schottenheimer walked away from the Chiefs on January 11th, 1999. While fans, and some of the local media, clamored for Schottenheimer to leave as the disastrous season moved along, he maintained that he would not resign. Apparently something happened between period after the Raider game in Week 17 and January 11th (please do not email me about any alleged personal or martial problems--I will not participate in the gossip). It is with mixed emotion that I report his departure. Without a doubt Lamar Hunt, owner of the Chiefs, was correct to remark that Schottenheimer brought a "golden age" to the Chiefs, being that he has the most wins in Chiefs' history, causing Anti-Chief fans to cringe. But, he also brought an unmatched level of frustration to Chief fans, holding a 3-7 playoff record with the Chiefs, including two losses at home. After 10 years, and lots of promises, Coach Schottenheimer did not lead the Chiefs to the Super Bowl. It will be difficult for the Chiefs to find another coach who can bring so many smiles to the readers of this page. Coach Schottenheimer leaves a team branded as outlaws, proven by their NFL records in most penalties in a season and most penalty yardage in a season, and a locker room full of bad attitudes. He also leaves a big question mark in the quarterback spot. There can only be doubt about the commitment to Elvis Grbac as the quarterback of the future. Of course Anti-Chief fans would love to see this happen, but a coaching change certainly leaves the Elvis Question up in the air. Coach Schottenheimer plans to do some traveling and to attend to his golf game. Perhaps he will have better luck putting the golf ball in the cup than in leading a team to the Super Bowl.

End result: The Chiefs did not finish the season 16-0. The Chiefs did not finish the season with 8 shut-outs of their opponents. The Chiefs did not make it to the Super Bowl. The Chiefs did not make it to the playoffs. The Chiefs did not finish first, second, or third in the AFC-WEST. The Chiefs did not finish with a winning record. The Chiefs did finish with a 7-9 record. They did finish with the most penalties in the NFL's history. The Chiefs did finish the year looking like the team they hate the most. They finished the year with a locker room of discontent and concern about the very nature of their team. They finished the year with the fans wanting the head of their starting quarterback, and some calling for the head of their head coach. They finished the year with antagonism between themselves, the local media, and their fans.

Jumping Ship: As if all of this were not bad enough for Chief fans, here is a list of players who have jumped ship, and the team they jumped to:

Anthony Davis--Green Bay Packers (unlike the Chiefs, the Packers have been to the Super Bowl since the early 70's)
Pellom McDaniels--Atlanta Falcons (maybe he likes doing the "dirty bird" better than playing in Kansas City)
Mark "Mighty Mouse" McMillian--San Francisco 49ers (funny about this one, usually it is the Chiefs that are in the habit of using Recycled 49er Trash, but in this case, the 49ers are using recycled Chief trash)
Rich Gannon--Oakland Raiders (ouch, it really must hurt to have their best QB go to the Raiders)
Dale Carter--Denver Broncos (hey, he just got tired of waiting for the Chiefs to make it to the Super Bowl. Can you blame him?)

Next Year? Let's hope all of this happens again.

It was also the same year the Broncs ALMOST went undefeated.

If you remember that Mon Night game b/w the Broncs and Chiefs at Arrowhead...late in the game when Denver had it wrapped up, Derrick Thomas and his D teammates just committed one personal foul after another.

When Thomas walked to the sidelines, Marty confronted him, and his responses were screaming "F*** this, F**** that!!!!" IN Marty's face.

Marty has always been a strict disciplinarian who commands respect from his players, but even HE LOST control of his team that year.

Nonetheless-interesting article, and yes...sounds EERILY similar to our currenct season.:(

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
parcells316;2366653 said:
I'm not sure he's calling plays, I'm pretty sure he isn't. God I hope he isn't.

But I have seen the Avezzano quote about telling the players to ignore what Jerry says when he talks in the group meeetings, he seemed to be in every meeting in Hard Knocks. Jerry's got his hands in everything, much to the team's detriment imo.

To me there is a huge difference between showing up in meetings, and saying things that are/would get ignored, and the idea brought up by this topic that he's actually telling a coach what to call, who to play, how to play them. Those are two totally different things, IMO.

This Mosely thing is saying he's actually telling a coach who he's going to play, how he's going to play them, and how he's going to play call and I don't believe any coach in the NFL, for any reason what so ever, would ever deal with that sort of BS. I just don't see an NFL coach, who are no doubt very proud people as well, actually putting up with such things, no matter who the owner is.

Ren

Reaction score
Jerry needs to stop listening to Ellis he will always find something to whine about no matter what. As for Tank what has he done for anyone to even bother listening to him?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2366658 said:
You are being sarcastic right?

Please tell me you are being sarcastic.

If you are not being sarcastic then...

Nah, you have to be saying that in a sarcastic manner.

Good one bro.

I'm not and if NFL coaches allow this to go on then they should be ashamed of themselves. Why would a coach allow that sort of thing to happen? It's not like if they get fired they can't ever get another job, anywhere, doing anything in the NFL. Maybe they wouldn't be a head coach but I just can't see them taking that kind of BS just so they can say "Hey I'm the head coach of a team."

I mean, seriously, if that sort of thing was going on is there anyway, at all, that Jerry would ever be able to get anyone to willingly take the HC job here? There is no way a BP would have coached here if that was going on.

I just don't see that. I can't imagine anyone willingly coming here knowing that sort of thing goes on.

FCBarca

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2366668 said:
I'm not and if NFL coaches allow this to go on then they should be ashamed of themselves. Why would a coach allow that sort of thing to happen? It's not like if they get fired they can't ever get another job, anywhere, doing anything in the NFL. Maybe they wouldn't be a head coach but I just can't see them taking that kind of BS just so they can say "Hey I'm the head coach of a team."

I mean, seriously, if that sort of thing was going on is there anyway, at all, that Jerry would ever be able to get anyone to willingly take the HC job here? There is no way a BP would have coached here if that was going on.

I just don't see that. I can't imagine anyone willingly coming here knowing that sort of thing goes on.

Concur...Unless it's the Raiders :D

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Coach Jerry happens to be the same as Owner Mr. Jones........ah,

This just in: He is staying.......