More bad news from Mosley

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It is never good news when the players make a beeline to the owner to complain.

We have seen this once before under Gailey. That led to a complete puppet hire in Campo.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2366507 said:
How can Wade put a stop to it if the owner allows it?

This is just like when Deion used to go behind Gailey's back to Jerry. It wasn't Gailey's fault, it was Jerry's. He should say, "Shut up -- go talk to the coach if you want to."

BTW, I got that it was more a dissatisfaction with Stewart than with Wade.

So choco and theebs for that matter where were your concerns about Jerry's imprint in this last year when we were 13 and whatever. Heck I was worried about how our mistakes and erratic play was going to get the best of us last December and I recall choco that you put threads out here and at The Ranch about fans overreacting and not being satisfied etc..

The hypocricy is thicker than shyte because no one was wondering if Jerry was meddling when we were on a purported roll and even the first few games this year. Now we have cratered because our 2007 carryover weaknesses finally got exposed (initially by Green Bay) in 2008 and of course our anticipated ills will be because of Jerry's meddling.

So playing devil's advocate IF this team were to turn around against the Bucs and even the Giants are you then going to credit Jerry for meddling OR directing Wade or are you going to conveniently discount Mosley as being more than 10% bullshyte after all. Pathetic...

Boysboy

Reaction score
Alexander;2366563 said:
Why wouldn't he?

That's what I'm saying-he whines and isn't afraid to speak his mind. But ultimately, he's been a very, very good team player while he's been here.

I'm GLAD we DIDN'T draft Randy Moss over him in '98. And remember too his presence was sorely missed when he went down in '06.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
This is part of the culture at Valley Ranch under Jerry Jones.

Maybe not so much when Parcells was waddling around the facility, but certainly under Switzer, Gailey, Campo and now Wade.

Jerry has created an environment over the years that enables and coddles the players and shrinks the authority of the head coach.

It's a recipe for 5-11, 5-11, 5-11.

Jerry is the face of the franchise ... he's the spokesman, he's the salesman and his relentless nature buries just about any head coach not named Jimmy Johnson or Bill Parcells.

Whether you like the head coach or not, players being able to go over his head to Jerry isn't healthy if you plan on winning very often, IMO.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
khiladi;2366535 said:
Brain Stewart didn't get thrown under the bus by anybody other than himself... .

Did you mean to spell his name that way?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
cowboyed;2366577 said:
So choco and theebs for that matter where were your concerns about Jerry's imprint in this last year when we were 13 and whatever. Heck I was worried about how our mistakes and erratic play was going to get the best of us last December and I recall choco that you put threads out here and at The Ranch about fans overreacting and not being satisfied etc..

The hypocricy is thicker than shyte because no one was wondering if Jerry was meddling when we were on a purported roll and even the first few games this year. Now we have cratered because our 2007 carryover weaknesses finally got exposed (initially by Green Bay) in 2008 and of course our anticipated ills will be because of Jerry's meddling.

So playing devil's advocate IF this team were to turn around against the Bucs and even the Giants are you then going to credit Jerry for meddling OR directing Wade or are you going to conveniently discount Mosley as being more than 10% bullshyte after all. Pathetic...

I have always worried about Jerry. I complained about jerry enough last year, except I got beaten over the head with well...parcells drafted Jacob rogers.

After awhile I just give up. Like the players on this team when the owner castrates the head coach.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
theebs;2366556 said:
I can see it now, It will come with a spring and summer reality show...

Jerry Jones the making of a coach.

Jerry HC
Stephen DC
Jerry JR OC
Shy anderson ST

This might as well be the scenario. And for anyone who doesnt believe this, tank told clarence hill in hills quick hits column today this exact same thing...he said ware and ellis are the best in the business and they need to be rushing every down.

and joe avezzano said on hansens sunday sports show that Jerry would come into meetings all the time and do what he wanted and when he left the coaches had to tell the players to ignore him essentially.

its a sad pathetic situation. the team is horrible and jerry ducks out of the way and allows parcells to run the team, magically the team is good again....the spotlight is bright, everyone is paying attention and campo and houck end up back here and so does hard knocks.

next thing you know, jerry is making football decisions. And what do you know we are 4-3 and on a fast track to 7-9 if we are lucky.

Next year will only be worse.
I'll get killed for it cause everyone hates him but just like Parcells said when he walked out the door, "a year from now it will be like I wasn't even here."

How prophetic. Jerry's back to running it into the ground.

superpunk

Reaction score
theebs;2366588 said:
I have always worried about Jerry. I complained about jerry enough last year, except I got beaten over the head with well...parcells drafted Jacob rogers.
:laugh2:

It's sad because it's true. :(

khiladi

Reaction score
Ellis was covering and chipping Winslow off the line all day against the Browns and the game plan worked to perfection. Ellis even stated as much after the game that he had some conerns but it worked out well.

They had him chip Winslow at the line. He would then leave Winslow for the DB. It doesn't mean Winslow was being covered by Grge Ellis. And imagine that... Wade has a TE jammed at the line, because that receiver is catching the ball and making an impact. You wonder why he doesn't take that philosophy with him when his corners are covering. In the last two games, I saw Greg Ellis covering a receiver close to thirty yards down-field. That is a joke, period and no amount of justification can be made for it.

BTW, our team exhibited the same tendencies in that game that were reflected in this loss. Their receivers dropped wide open TDs on deep passing plays.

There's nothing wrong with the scheme(s). Wade has lost this team. They are undiciplined and don't respect the HC. The results will be the same until Wade is long gone and Jerry wakes up and hires or promotes a coach who can control what happens on the field.

There is plenty wrong with the scheme and even Wade said there was way prior to Mosley gave his BS story about it. If anybody claims there isn't, they are living in denial. And there was nobody as controlling as Bill Parcells on the field, and he flat-out sucked when he was here.... This team is fighting the same tendencies that were here when BP was coach.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
parcells316;2366594 said:
I'll get killed for it cause everyone hates him but just like Parcells said when he walked out the door, "a year from now it will be like I wasn't even here."

yup. i'm gonna say we finish 7-9, 8-8 at best.

Boysboy

Reaction score
parcells316;2366594 said:

How better would it be if Parcells were still here?

Really-did he do much here? I'm no fan of Jerry, but to say we would still be great with him still here...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
cowboyed;2366577 said:

What did Jerry do like this last year, cowboyed? My impression is that things went so well, he didn't have to do anything like this.

Now, I just want to get it straight... You think it's a good idea for players to be able to go over the head of the head coach?

I won't call you pathetic no matter how you answer, cowboyed, even if I disagree.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Boysboy;2366600 said:

Really-did he do much here? I'm no fan of Jerry, but to say we would still be great with him still here...
I'm not saying it would be better with Parcells, quit fixating on that.

The problem is J-E-R-R-Y. Does that make it simple enough for you? He's been the problem since March 30, 1994.

khiladi

Reaction score
Boysboy;2366600 said:

It isn't... The homers for BP are being hypocritical... Last year, they were writing post over post about how Bill deserves credit for the 13-3 record last year and for putting together such a talented roster... Now all of the sudden, they are trying to disaffiliate himself from the very roster they were so happy to give him credit for last year, when all was well in Texas...

Boysboy

Reaction score
parcells316;2366606 said:
I'm not saying it would be better with Parcells, quit fixating on that.

The problem is J-E-R-R-Y. Does that make it simple enough for you? He's been the problem since March 30, 1994.

Gotcha!

Who knows? If this season goes south really bad, maybe, just MAYBE '08 will be what gets Jerry's head out of his *** and start making some real changes, especially with all the outpouring of negative publicity on his team.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
If the end result of all this is Greg Ellis rushing the passer on every play then I could care less who went where with what complaint.

Greg Ellis isn't a LB. Greg Ellis isn't a DL.

He's a pass rusher. He looks lost if he's more than 5 yards downfield. He looks comfortable coming off the edge and going after the QB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
dbair1967;2366540 said:
Stewart does still have a job, if he did get demoted or stripped of playcalling duties as rumored, he damn well earned it. Dont tell me your so blind that you cant see the defense has been horrible.
Nobody other than Wade would have hired Stewart as a DC to begin with.

Hey dont get me wrong im not a big Stewart fan.

Wade told us he would be calling the D's when he got here and he lied to us.

I just wish Wade would be the person to make this move and not Jerry.

Thats what I have a problem with.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
dbair1967;2366537 said:
All the hate on Jerry stuff gets old, anyone can plainly see this is a poorly coached team.

dbair1967;2366540 said:
Nobody other than Wade would have hired Stewart as a DC to begin with.

You contradicted yourself. It isn't Jerry's fault yet HE HIRED Wade. The very same guy, HIRED by Jerry, brought in Stewart. :confused:

khiladi

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2366612 said:
If the end result of all this is Greg Ellis rushing the passer on every play then I could care less who went where with what complaint.

That is the whole point.. The fact is, pressure on the QB has been lacking. Changes need to be made on defense, and the Dallas defense has obviously been doing something wrong.. Any person with an ounce of common sense would know changes need to be made on the field.

For anybody to say the scheme isn't the problem, they are clearly being absurd...