More proof Jerry is only in the background

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
This is the first time I can remember Jerry didn’t speak at the Senior Bowl and it’s the first time Will McClay has. Jerry was back in DFW doing something for a Bob McNair award one day. Never in Mobile that I’ve seen.

The roles in Mobile are clear: Stephen goes and sees agents while McClay and staff watch players.

every NFL GM was there, and the Cowboys co-GMs were too. Will (personnel) and Stephen (cap).

Don’t let all the DFW radio hype fool you. Jerry yes still is involved in big decisions but it’s to give his stamp of approval. He does and will always have final say on big things like head coaching hirings/firings and big trades:contracts . But the day to day is being run by Will and Stephen. This is all the proof you need.

Jerry is not forcing coaches or players on this team anymore. And he hasn’t for awhile. Now if you want to still blame Stephen, sure. Stephen said 2 weeks ago he was involved in decision to take Garrett’s playcalling away. But the days of worrying about Jerry’s day to day meddling are long gone.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We will see during the draft. He has turned most of that over to McClay but I think he still gets his round to take that gamble. Usually the second round.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
We will see during the draft. He has turned most of that over to McClay but I think he still gets his round to take that gamble. Usually the second round.
Which round did Jerry gamble last year? Hill was 100 percent on Marinelli who went down and had dinner with Hill on his birthday and came up with that weird contract.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
When I see JJ not giving a press conference after the game at the same time as the head coach then I will believe....
d08e43eb1fe2878cc49599b7669716df.jpg

Loso86

Reaction score
Every team takes a gamble every now and again

willia451

Reaction score
This is the first time I can remember Jerry didn’t speak at the Senior Bowl and it’s the first time Will McClay has. Jerry was back in DFW doing something for a Bob McNair award one day. Never in Mobile that I’ve seen.

The roles in Mobile are clear: Stephen goes and sees agents while McClay and staff watch players.

every NFL GM was there, and the Cowboys co-GMs were too. Will (personnel) and Stephen (cap).

Don’t let all the DFW radio hype fool you. Jerry yes still is involved in big decisions but it’s to give his stamp of approval. He does and will always have final say on big things like head coaching hirings/firings and big trades:contracts . But the day to day is being run by Will and Stephen. This is all the proof you need.

Jerry is not forcing coaches or players on this team anymore. And he hasn’t for awhile. Now if you want to still blame Stephen, sure. Stephen said 2 weeks ago he was involved in decision to take Garrett’s playcalling away. But the days of worrying about Jerry’s day to day meddling are long gone.

tq3dwRD.gif

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

1579936934211.gif

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
I'm holding out hope until after the Draft, making sure there aren't any more JFF over Martin stories.

It's looking promising so far.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It's been about 10 minutes he has managed to stay clear of the podium. Let's hope this is the new norm and I really hope it has something to do with McCarthy and what his demands my have been to work there.

Rayman70

Reaction score
DRAFTING PLAYERS is far from an exact science. We simply missed on Hill. IT DOES HAPPEN. No team bats 1,000. Now can he make substantial progress this offseason? MAYBE...but not very likely. I think he is what he has always been..a raw athlete that has a low motor and low football IQ. Sounds cruel, but that's who he has been...hit and miss. We need someone who can get onto the field and play a role.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I honestly think that Jerry wants to see some success before he dies. If that means swallowing his pride to fire Garrett and hand control over to others, he's willing to do it at this point.
It's possible! It could also be for health reasons it becomes less stressful to just let people do their job.

Aven8

Reaction score
Jerry’s biggest strength and failure is loyalty. He use to hold on too long to players and Stephen got him out of that, and than he held onto JG way too long, and Stephen FINALLY convinced him of that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry’s biggest strength and failure is loyalty. He use to hold on too long to players and Stephen got him out of that, and than he held onto JG way too long, and Stephen FINALLY convinced him of that.
agree. One thing we can see, THEY DO WANNA WIN. At least now I can see some plan in place and they aren't trying to stubbornly do it their own way. Twenty five years of that didn't do us any good. Now we see they FINALLY put real football staff in charge of the team.

CWR

Reaction score

Cowboy fans: Jerry needs to back off and let his FO do their jobs.

Also Cowboy fans: Jerry isnt even at the senior bowl, every other GM is there.