More proof Jerry is only in the background

johneric8

Reaction score
Which round did Jerry gamble last year? Hill was 100 percent on Marinelli who went down and had dinner with Hill on his birthday and came up with that weird contract.
Come on dude, the jury is still totally out on Hill, last year was his rookie season. I think after a good offseason of weights and proper nutrition, and getting his head right, the guys going to be really good this next season.. it wasn't that long ago that everyone was saying the thing thing about demarcus Lawrence..

I'm certainly glad guys like you aren't in charge of this organization....

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry yes still is involved in big decisions but it’s to give his stamp of approval. He does and will always have final say on big things like head coaching hirings/firings and big trades:contracts . But the day to day is being run by Will and Stephen. This is all the proof you need.
This has been true for a while. Some just don't see it.

CWR

Reaction score
DRAFTING PLAYERS is far from an exact science. We simply missed on Hill. IT DOES HAPPEN. No team bats 1,000. Now can he make substantial progress this offseason? MAYBE...but not very likely. I think he is what he has always been..a raw athlete that has a low motor and low football IQ. Sounds cruel, but that's who he has been...hit and miss. We need someone who can get onto the field and play a role.

We need another 2016 style draft where we hit big on a few players. After Taco and Hill we have lost some ground imo. Another big draft would go a long ways towards our success.

CWR

Reaction score
Come on dude, the jury is still totally out on Hill, last year was his rookie season. I think after a good offseason of weights and proper nutrition, and getting his head right, the guys going to be really good this next season.. it wasn't that long ago that everyone was saying the thing thing about demarcus Lawrence..

I'm certainly glad guys like you aren't in charge of this organization....

That goes without saying, but its hard to deny he was disappointing on and off the field last season. Couple that with our distrust for Marinelli's draft picks and its hard to blame fans for being sceptical.

Brax

Reaction score
This is the first time I can remember Jerry didn’t speak at the Senior Bowl and it’s the first time Will McClay has. Jerry was back in DFW doing something for a Bob McNair award one day. Never in Mobile that I’ve seen.

The roles in Mobile are clear: Stephen goes and sees agents while McClay and staff watch players.

every NFL GM was there, and the Cowboys co-GMs were too. Will (personnel) and Stephen (cap).

Don’t let all the DFW radio hype fool you. Jerry yes still is involved in big decisions but it’s to give his stamp of approval. He does and will always have final say on big things like head coaching hirings/firings and big trades:contracts . But the day to day is being run by Will and Stephen. This is all the proof you need.

Jerry is not forcing coaches or players on this team anymore. And he hasn’t for awhile. Now if you want to still blame Stephen, sure. Stephen said 2 weeks ago he was involved in decision to take Garrett’s playcalling away. But the days of worrying about Jerry’s day to day meddling are long gone.
When did CO-GM's happen? Stop just stop Jerry's still in full charge and makes ALL decisions and approves everything related to the team period, put any spin on it you like but Jerry always will call all the shots. Let us know when the press release is issued to confirm all these "clear" to see developments. That may only happen with Jerrys obit.

Rayman70

Reaction score
let me say this about Moore and I can say this with conviction. The guy is a budding star. Jerry knows he screwed the pooch letting Peyton leave town. He regrets that and has learned. Moore will be the next big thing in the NFL down the line and my hunch is, he will be the next HC of the Dallas Cowboys in about 4-5 years. MM has taken him under his wing, like Parcells did with Sean P. Jerry screws up a lot, but one thing, he isn't afraid to learn and at least correct things.

johneric8

Reaction score
That goes without saying, but its hard to deny he was disappointing on and off the field last season. Couple that with our distrust for Marinelli's draft picks and its hard to blame fans for being sceptical.

Trust me, I'm 50 years old and have been watching since Captain America and I totally understand the frustration that is our team. On the flipside though, when I look at Hill I do see a guy that could excel, but like alot of rookies in this league, it was a bit much for him his first year. He still has time to grow up and learn if you get what I'm saying? I think sometimes we need to pump the brakes a bit and this applies especially now that we have legitimate coaches coming in ...

I'm 100% over the moon though in regards to Garrett being gone, his tenure was a long cruel joke.

CWR

Reaction score
Trust me, I'm 50 years old and have been watching since Captain America and I totally understand the frustration that is our team. On the flipside though, when I look at Hill I do see a guy that could excel, but like alot of rookies in this league, it was a bit much for him his first year. He still has time to grow up and learn if you get what I'm saying? I think sometimes we need to pump the brakes a bit and this applies especially now that we have legitimate coaches coming in ...

I'm 100% over the moon though in regards to Garrett being gone, his tenure was a long cruel joke.

Im with you buddy. A few years behind, but not many.

My biggest concern with Hill is the off field stuff. Its bad news to hear about a rookie falling asleep during meetings and showing up late to practice. Taco had attitude problems as well. Its not fair for us to label him as Taco though.

I think Id feel more optimistic if I heard news about Hill being a dedicated, hard working players who is pushing to improve. Sadly we heard the questions about character concerns during the draft and saw them come to fruition this season. As a rookie especially you should be working your tail off and treading lightly.

Hopefully he gets his head right, comes back and bust his butt in order to maximize his god given talent.

ShortRound

Reaction score
wBHhSYR.gif

johneric8

Reaction score
Im with you buddy. A few years behind, but not many.

My biggest concern with Hill is the off field stuff. Its bad news to hear about a rookie falling asleep during meetings and showing up late to practice. Taco had attitude problems as well. Its not fair for us to label him as Taco though.

I think Id feel more optimistic if I heard news about Hill being a dedicated, hard working players who is pushing to improve. Sadly we heard the questions about character concerns during the draft and saw them come to fruition this season. As a rookie especially you should be working your tail off and treading lightly.

Hopefully he gets his head right, comes back and bust his butt in order to maximize his god given talent.

Good to know I'm not alone moving into my mid to late life.. LOL.. Yes, Hill does have some major red flags my friend, but, I know I did as well when I was young and immature. I think the kid has a chance if he can grow mentally and physically and dedicate himself to maximizing his skill set.

When I look at Hill I see some incredible gifts physically, hopefully he can prove everyone wrong and make some real progress in 2020.

Reactions: CWR

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Don't get too excited about Jerry being in the background. He is busy playing with his Yacht down in Miami.

ESisback

Reaction score
DRAFTING PLAYERS is far from an exact science. We simply missed on Hill. IT DOES HAPPEN. No team bats 1,000. Now can he make substantial progress this offseason? MAYBE...but not very likely. I think he is what he has always been..a raw athlete that has a low motor and low football IQ. Sounds cruel, but that's who he has been...hit and miss. We need someone who can get onto the field and play a role.

Agreed. Every misfire, every bad pick, every embarrassment, is WAY over analyzed, attached to doom and gloom and overmagnified. When Dallas screws up, it’s because they’re THE laughingstock of the NFL, with a FO staffed by drooling fools.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Agreed. Every misfire, every bad pick, every embarrassment, is WAY over analyzed, attached to doom and gloom and overmagnified. When Dallas screws up, it’s because they’re THE laughingstock of the NFL, with a FO staffed by drooling fools.
well said

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the first time I can remember Jerry didn’t speak at the Senior Bowl and it’s the first time Will McClay has. Jerry was back in DFW doing something for a Bob McNair award one day. Never in Mobile that I’ve seen.

The roles in Mobile are clear: Stephen goes and sees agents while McClay and staff watch players.

every NFL GM was there, and the Cowboys co-GMs were too. Will (personnel) and Stephen (cap).

Don’t let all the DFW radio hype fool you. Jerry yes still is involved in big decisions but it’s to give his stamp of approval. He does and will always have final say on big things like head coaching hirings/firings and big trades:contracts . But the day to day is being run by Will and Stephen. This is all the proof you need.

Jerry is not forcing coaches or players on this team anymore. And he hasn’t for awhile. Now if you want to still blame Stephen, sure. Stephen said 2 weeks ago he was involved in decision to take Garrett’s playcalling away. But the days of worrying about Jerry’s day to day meddling are long gone.
This isn't news, he has always been a part-time GM, he only does what he wants to do.