More proof Jerry is only in the background

followthestar

Reaction score
I honestly think that Jerry wants to see some success before he dies. If that means swallowing his pride to fire Garrett and hand control over to others, he's willing to do it at this point.
I think you're right, and I miss REM.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which round did Jerry gamble last year? Hill was 100 percent on Marinelli who went down and had dinner with Hill on his birthday and came up with that weird contract.
No draft pick is ever 100% on a coach. Everyone weighs in, and as always, Jerry has the final say. Marinelli may well have loved Hill, but Jerry had to agree with that being the best choice.

cowboyed

Reaction score
When I see JJ not giving a press conference after the game at the same time as the head coach then I will believe....
d08e43eb1fe2878cc49599b7669716df.jpg

I don't get that you can't separate spokesperson from actual draft and free agent acquisition controller. Jerry always has been the team salesman. As ancient owner and figurehead GM, so who cares. The real horses are getting it done behind the scenes and they don't want the fan or media fare. Let the guy feel he has some relevance. If this was really the case with Jerry being the puppeteer and wizard of everything why would accomplished high spirited, self directed head coaches and coordinators come to work for this team? Do fans really know more than NFL insiders whose business is to not only know opposing players, but also opposing coaches, managers and even ownership. The NFL is a unique small sports industry. These guys aren't just willing to throw their careers out the window.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Which round did Jerry gamble last year? Hill was 100 percent on Marinelli who went down and had dinner with Hill on his birthday and came up with that weird contract.
Jerry's round last draft was round 1 when he approved giving it away to the Raiders for Amari the season before.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Funny I always wondered why Jerry cares so much about getting more credit than needed.

look at a team like the pats. Bob Kraft isn’t involved with the personnel decisions but his is credited with putting the team together. He credited with getting bellicheck. how many times a game d they show the guy during games and talk about him? It’s a lot lol.

point is Jerry has to see this. He has to know that even if he isn’t involved with the personnel he’s still very much given a lot of the credit for this organizational success.
Jerry is already one of the nfl most influential people of all time.

If he’s proven right on mccarthy.... he’ll get just as much credit as if he was proven right with Garret. Maybe he sees the light finally

RS12

Reaction score
Kellen Moore is still here and involved in the offense so I will go out on a limb and say you are flat out wrong.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Funny I always wondered why Jerry cares so much about getting more credit than needed.

look at a team like the pats. Bob Kraft isn’t involved with the personnel decisions but his is credited with putting the team together. He credited with getting bellicheck. how many times a game d they show the guy during games and talk about him? It’s a lot lol.

point is Jerry has to see this. He has to know that even if he isn’t involved with the personnel he’s still very much given a lot of the credit for this organizational success.
Jerry is already one of the nfl most influential people of all time.

If he’s proven right on mccarthy.... he’ll get just as much credit as if he was proven right with Garret. Maybe he sees the light finally
I’m 99% sure it’s because he made such a fuss about being in control early in his career, that to say he’s stepping down now publicly worries him about affecting his 85 other businesses. People aren’t going to run to deal with Jerry’s oil companies and the hoops I’m sure he makes them jump through if they don’t think he’s actually in control. Name association is everything in business. Not as much in sports.

BHendri5

Reaction score
This is the first time I can remember Jerry didn’t speak at the Senior Bowl and it’s the first time Will McClay has. Jerry was back in DFW doing something for a Bob McNair award one day. Never in Mobile that I’ve seen.

The roles in Mobile are clear: Stephen goes and sees agents while McClay and staff watch players.

every NFL GM was there, and the Cowboys co-GMs were too. Will (personnel) and Stephen (cap).

Don’t let all the DFW radio hype fool you. Jerry yes still is involved in big decisions but it’s to give his stamp of approval. He does and will always have final say on big things like head coaching hirings/firings and big trades:contracts . But the day to day is being run by Will and Stephen. This is all the proof you need.

Jerry is not forcing coaches or players on this team anymore. And he hasn’t for awhile. Now if you want to still blame Stephen, sure. Stephen said 2 weeks ago he was involved in decision to take Garrett’s playcalling away. But the days of worrying about Jerry’s day to day meddling are long gone.

This is not true!!! Jerry is still calling the shots. He forced Kellen Moore and Nussmeier on McCarthy in order for McCarthy being able to pick the rest of his own staff!
Also you must have have missed the part when Wil McClay specifically stated that Jerry , not McCarthy said we are not going to change our scheme. He wants to keep the same scheme thus is why Moore is still play calling when McCarthy is on record saying that he will never not call plays again after the one really bad season he had in Green Bay when he did not call plays. So No! I call this post not true.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
This is the first time I can remember Jerry didn’t speak at the Senior Bowl and it’s the first time Will McClay has. Jerry was back in DFW doing something for a Bob McNair award one day. Never in Mobile that I’ve seen.

The roles in Mobile are clear: Stephen goes and sees agents while McClay and staff watch players.

every NFL GM was there, and the Cowboys co-GMs were too. Will (personnel) and Stephen (cap).

Don’t let all the DFW radio hype fool you. Jerry yes still is involved in big decisions but it’s to give his stamp of approval. He does and will always have final say on big things like head coaching hirings/firings and big trades:contracts . But the day to day is being run by Will and Stephen. This is all the proof you need.

Jerry is not forcing coaches or players on this team anymore. And he hasn’t for awhile. Now if you want to still blame Stephen, sure. Stephen said 2 weeks ago he was involved in decision to take Garrett’s playcalling away. But the days of worrying about Jerry’s day to day meddling are long gone.

Thats why JJ said we have not a kicker issue when just hours ago JG said we gonna evaluate the kicker situation ?

JJ is a egocentric and narcisscic person. He always will try to be in the spotlight. If push comes to shove he does not care if he undermines the HC and for sure he does. One reason no real good HC with other good ppssibilties in the NFL will even come close to negotiating with us.

JJ is the worst thing that has happend to this franchise. Doesnt care about winning or football. Sure he likes to watch and get the adrenaline together with getting drunk. But this guy is all about earning money and standing in the spotlight.

Egocentric
Narcisstic
FAKE!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is only one "Boss" in Dallas and STOP drinking the Jerry Kool-Aid.
25 years of misery verifies this so how much more do you guys need to witness to figure that as long as the Jones family owns the Cowboys only a "Jones" is the Bossman!
Fat Mike is another glorified "Yes man" just ask Kellen Moore for confirmation!

cover385.jpg

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I don't get why there's so much interest in this being true. Is this supposed to be the consolation prize for not hiring an actual GM?

kskboys

Reaction score
There is only one "Boss" in Dallas and STOP drinking the Jerry Kool-Aid.
25 years of misery verifies this so how much more do you guys need to witness to figure that as long as the Jones family owns the Cowboys only a "Jones" is the Bossman!
Fat Mike is another glorified "Yes man" just ask Kellen Moore for confirmation!

cover385.jpg
Dak will NEVER throw for 400 yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak will NEVER throw for 400 yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure he will as we always have to play the Giants!
Then again there's always Garbage time when Dak really shows his franchise pedigree!! :muttley: