More Sean Taylor talk...

Nerm

Reaction score
I very much doubt he will ever spend jail time. The question is, what will the Skins do about him? They benched him for the DUI charge (which was later dismissed). My guess is that he will get a slap on the wrist, at most, from the Skins. Maybe sit a game or two if he pleads to a lesser charge. It’s one thing to sit a guy for a game or two, but it is a lot different to cut a top 5 draft pick.

I wonder how the Cowboys would handle this. They cut their starting QB because he “couldn’t be trusted.” They also cut a backup safety for being shot. “He shouldn’t have been there in the first place!”... But, how many people think Irvin should have been cut for his drug charges? I understand that what ST is accused of is much more serious than what Irvin was charged with, but teams tend to be more lenient with talented/expensive players.

I think Jimmy would let it slide (except for the no returned calls thing). I’m not sure what BP would do.

Parcells

Reaction score
Nerm said:
I very much doubt he will ever spend jail time. The question is, what will the Skins do about him? They benched him for the DUI charge (which was later dismissed). My guess is that he will get a slap on the wrist, at most, from the Skins. Maybe sit a game or two if he pleads to a lesser charge. It’s one thing to sit a guy for a game or two, but it is a lot different to cut a top 5 draft pick.

I wonder how the Cowboys would handle this. They cut their starting QB because he “couldn’t be trusted.” They also cut a backup safety for being shot. “He shouldn’t have been there in the first place!”... But, how many people think Irvin should have been cut for his drug charges? I understand that what ST is accused of is much more serious than what Irvin was charged with, but teams tend to be more lenient with talented/expensive players.

I think Jimmy would let it slide (except for the no returned calls thing). I’m not sure what BP would do.

I would cut him!

:skins: :skins: :skins:

EndGame

Reaction score
Reality said:
Well, I wouldn't read much into him being "indicted" because it's rather easy to get an indictment against anyone. In some areas of the country, an indictment process is simply a formality.
True. You can indict a ham sandwich. It doesn't mean you'll get a conviction.

notherbob

Reaction score
"Sociopath" is polite for "thug". Some people never can get their head of of the hood. What fabulous opportunities Sean Taylor has had to rise above his circumstances, but he keeps dissing people who try to help redirect him (as in walking out of the mandatory rookie training). He seems to see himself as a gangsta and I seriously doubt that he will ever find the courage to overcome his self-imposed limitations. Face it, this kid is trying to be rotten. I grew up around a lot of people like him and the prisons are full of them.

He just wants to be bad and make people mad at him. Ain't that what gangstas 'sposed to do? He may get off with this one, but sooner or later, he's going to get into real trouble. Too bad, this kid has some talent but his attitude is gonna bring him down.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Shaun said:
Criminal actions aside, a player that decides that he doesn't need to answer Joe Gibbs calls needs a lesson in humility.

Fact of the matter is.... Joe Gibbs has lost control of his team. From Lavar all the way down to the 2005 draft. Pathetic best describes this motely crew! :star:

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Sean Taylor was not benched for the DUI charge.

As far as I know no one has been charged with the shooting that took place at the girls house ( afriends Mother) that Taylor was at. At least 2 differernt weapons were used.

I dont think that LoJack has an immobilizer (Unless it is an option that I dont have or know about), but the important thing that it is a vehicle tracking/recovery system. I know that on my cars if someone were to move my car I would get a call on my cell phone and an E-mail.

Again - If he pleads to a lesser charge it is out of the Commanders hands of what to do with him, the NFL will suspend him.

Also - I read an article in the last few days that said that witnesses said that someone in the car behind Taylor had a weapon, specifically an AK-47.

In another article (or perhaps the same one) - Unnamed sources from both sides of the case have stated that Taylor has submitted to a polygraph by an private polygraphist...and passed it.

This case is looking weaker and weaker to me at this point.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Again - If he pleads to a lesser charge it is out of the Commanders hands of what to do with him, the NFL will suspend him.

True, but that suspension will be a slap on the wrist, nothing more... for openers, Jamal Lewis got a 3 game suspension, for dealing dope... you've gotta believe that the penalty for Taylor would be no more severe than that...

Particularly when you factor in that Tagliabue is a die-hard Commanders fan...

Also - I read an article in the last few days that said that witnesses said that someone in the car behind Taylor had a weapon, specifically an AK-47.

Read the same article, and it was NOT suggesting that Taylor didn't have a gun, that the only gun was that AK... nope, it said that somebody in the car behind him ALSO had a weapon...

In another article (or perhaps the same one) - Unnamed sources from both sides of the case have stated that Taylor has submitted to a polygraph by an private polygraphist...and passed it.

Which means less than nothing, inasmuch as the prosecutors had that polygraph in hand, and still chose to continue with the prosecution... besides, when my Dad was in the CID many, many years ago, he was sent to Augusta, Georgia to attend an Army school for administering lie detectors tests, and he later told me that one of the first things he was taught was that the guy giving the lie detector test could sway the outcome simply by the way he chose to ask his questions, and the sequence in which he asked them... the key is to put the testee at his ease...

And of course, lie detector tests are inadmissible in a court of law... nope, this will come down to the story of one gang of punks versus the story of another gang of punks...

This case is looking weaker and weaker to me at this point.

And I'll bet Sean wishes you were on the jury... you're just engaging in wishful thinking, if the case WAS weak, the prosecutors would have dropped the matter today, rather than forging ahead... the fact that they went ahead with the prosecution clearly tells us that they think they have a winnable case...

Bluntly, you don't have the first clue what really happened, so your speculations about the strength or weakness of the state's case is just your homerism talking...

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Whoa, I am one of the last people you should associate with being a homer. Lets be serious here.

Now I do realize that a polygraph can be beaten, However, there are very few people in the world percentagewise than can actually pull it off. A guy with a single digit Wonderlic is not someone I would expect to be one of them. Now of course I know that the Lie detector is inadmissable, I was just pointing that out as other info.

The strength of the case would have dictated an active pursuit of Taylor, not just "a person of interest".

As far as weak cases go that end up in court anyway, I need to go no further than the recent Michael Jackson Trial, or Kobe Bryant Case.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Whoa, I am one of the last people you should associate with being a homer. Lets be serious here.

I'll take your word for it, and change my accusation to "you're engaging in wishful thinking here"...

Now I do realize that a polygraph can be beaten, However, there are very few people in the world percentagewise than can actually pull it off. A guy with a single digit Wonderlic is not someone I would expect to be one of them. Now of course I know that the Lie detector is inadmissable, I was just pointing that out as other info.

I think you missed my point, pal... I agree that it's highly unlikely that Taylor has the IQ to beat a polygraph test, in fact all the available evidence suggests he's dumber than a box of rocks... at the same time, I have also read that one demographic that often does well with this sort of test is the simple-minded criminal... nope, what I said was the guy adminstering the polygraph could by his choice of questions, how he phrased them and what sequence he asked them in, could put the subject at sufficient ease that you wouldn't get the positive response you might get if the questions were more assertive...

A skilled polygraph technician can indeed affect the outcome of the exam...

The strength of the case would have dictated an active pursuit of Taylor, not just "a person of interest".

Apparently, he became somewhat more than a person of interest to the police as time went by... that was what they were saying at first, but of course the police would tend to be cautious in their public statements until they'd ascertained the facts of the case... at the point that they were calling Sean a "person of interest", they had just started their investigation...

As far as weak cases go that end up in court anyway, I need to go no further than the recent Michael Jackson Trial, or Kobe Bryant Case.

The problem is, you don't know what evidence the police have at this point, so you don't have the first clue how strong or weak their case is... they might well have a number of unbiased, 3rd party witnesses who observed one or both incidents, and would have no reason the police could discern to lie for one party or another...

I've already said that if it DOES ultimately boil down to what one group of punks says versus what another group of punks says, Taylor might well ultimately skate... but I also think that if that WAS the situation, the prosecutors would have elected not to pursue the case... they know that it's tougher to get a conviction when the accused is a celebrity...

Again, your arguments here strike me as a classic case of a Skins fan desperately WANTING to believe that Taylor will escape serious problems with the law... while that might ultimately prove to be the case, the evidence we have available to us thus far suggests that the authorities believe they have a pretty good case against the guy...

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Polygraph techs ask simple questions that they already know the answers to to put the person at ease, that is part of the job. ie; How old are you?, What is your mothers name?, what is your name?, etc.. That is common practice.

He was a person of interest yet he had to turn himself in suggest that they were indeed trying to keep things under control so I agree with your assessment, however as more and more facts come out it seems a little shaky to me. Fan or not. I am not a ST fan. Nor am I a LaVar fan or anyone else for that matter, I am a Commanders fan.

I dont know all of the facts, and just like you am taking bits and pieces form the past few weeks and forming my own opinion same as you.

As a fan I would love for him to be completely exonerated, however as a common citizen if he is indeed guilty then he deserves whatever punishment the judge decides.

And for the record, I am not convinced of his innocence, nor was I convinced with Michael Jackson or OJ (Not that they are really comparable as far as the crime). However I am not convinced of his guilt = reasonable doubt. That is not a homer, that is someone who tries to understand the system.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks OJ was innocent has already lost all credibility. There was no reasonable doubt there- just racism and a willingness to give the "man" (system) the finger on the part of the jury. As for Jackson, any 40 year old man who likes to sleep with BOYS-CHILDREN- if you think he was innocent, you are even dumber. The Bryant case was weak and should not have gone to court- however that was Colorado and a politically ambitious DA who wanted to make a name for himself and court the female vote. Did not work too well.
If the DA did not think he had a good shot at taking Taylor down, he would not have continued it. This guy is not a political hack- at least not as much as the Colorado DA was .

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Anyone who thinks OJ was innocent has already lost all credibility. There was no reasonable doubt there- just racism and a willingness to give the "man" (system) the finger on the part of the jury. As for Jackson, any 40 year old man who likes to sleep with BOYS-CHILDREN- if you think he was innocent, you are even dumber. The Bryant case was weak and should not have gone to court- however that was Colorado and a politically ambitious DA who wanted to make a name for himself and court the female vote. Did not work too well.
If the DA did not think he had a good shot at taking Taylor down, he would not have continued it. This guy is not a political hack- at least not as much as the Colorado DA was .

You sir should not have responded to this thread, as obviously you cannot read.

Try again, and if you need further assistance just PM me and I will be more than happy to break it down for you.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Parcells said:
I would cut him!
Nerm said:
Would you have cut Irvin?
I wouldn't have cut either of them. I would trade Taylor because someone will give something for him and he will never be anything but another punk headcase from "the U".

As for Irvin (another punk headcase from "the U") it was late enough in his career and he had done enough for the team that he had earned a "get out of jail free" card or two. Especially for the type of incident he was involved in with the hooker and the drugs. that was just a little old fashioned dirty fun where both he and the hooker were there doing what they were doing by choice and harming no one but themselves.

As for the assault with the scissors in which Jerry bought off that big headed lineman dude not to press charges (they called it a contract extension); that is one that he might should have suffered some punishment for. But without knowing all the facts of who started what and was it accidental (doubtful) or self-defense (very possible) who can say. But if the "Victim" doesn't press charges there is nothing to be done by the law. And the team (ours or anyone else’s) is not going to take extensive action against one of it's best players for the sake of a journeyman FA when he has already accepted the buy-off.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
I guess it's long enough into this saga to start including not just opinion but the opinion of friends..

My closest friend is an attorney, albeit a PATS FAN, and over lunch yesterday he told me he highly doubts Taylor will serve a day, even with the draconian gun laws in Florida.

"The nature of the witnesses" is why. Any good attorney should be able to cast sufficiently reasonable doubt on their statements. Taylor's worst fear should be one of his buddies rolling on him.....like the dude with the bat, but from the published reports, the credibility of the government's witnesses, some of whom will probably make Taylor look like Mother Theresa, should get him off.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Nerm said:
Would you have cut Irvin?

theres a small difference between what Taylor did and what Irvin did. Irvins was a drug charge. He did not jump up and down and beat his chest saying hes above the law ( I know technically ST did not do this) while Taylors actions insinuate hes above the law.

Irvin did not hurt anyone directly but himslef. He did not pull a gun and threaten anyone. (do scissors in the neck count as threatening - lol)

No I would not have gut irvin for 2 reasons, 1 no weapon and no assualt charges. 2) Irvin put the numbers up and contributed directly to SB victories, without him, we may not have made it, in short, Irvin made a difference on the field. and Taylor has done squat yet.

Not saying if taylor put up numbers ad helped turn around a bad team would make it ok. just saying theres a huge difference between assaulting someone and snorting a like of coke.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Polygraph techs ask simple questions that they already know the answers to to put the person at ease, that is part of the job. ie; How old are you?, What is your mothers name?, what is your name?, etc.. That is common practice.

For the record, they ask commonly known questions;...ie age, name marital status, not to put them at ease, but to get a base line reading on your heart and sweat rates. once established they can ask unknown questions and from the deviation from the normal readings would indicate truthfulness or non truthfulness.

A fact, if you put a tack right under your big toe, and press it when you answer every question, you can negate the polygraph and make it totally worthless. The fact that he passed it means nothing.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
A fact, if you put a tack right under your big toe, and press it when you answer every question, you can negate the polygraph and make it totally worthless.

ROFL!

Well, if American ingenuity can come up with the "Whizzinator", certainly someone was going to think up that. ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Om said:
SB,

If he's convicted, I'll be sorry to see a young man with an incredible gift essentially throw away a dream life over misplaced machismo. If he's found not guilty, or pleads down to avoid jail time, I'll be "quite pleased" only IF the young man pulls his head out of his arse as a result, and shows his employers that he understands he's been given a second chance both at life and by the team.

No joke. For me this is about more than what team the kid happens to play for.
Nice post. Agree 100%. I enjoy football, and good players make it a more enjoyable game.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Nice post. Agree 100%. I enjoy football, and good players make it a more enjoyable game.

But i woudl like to go an offseason, without a #5 overall pick looking at 3 years of time in prison, didnt we just have to watch Jamal Lewis plead guilty on a drug case, and get put in jail? I want a clean game, not palyers who cant stay out of trouble in a month.