LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
3d7al4.gif
:lmao::lmao2:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decide to stop in and visit this thread today, this Monday Morning.

Didn't get the game televised here so didn't see it yesterday. Probably a good thing, would have just ruined my Sunday. Yesterday was good thou, celebrated my Daughter's BDay on Sunday, nothing big, just Burgers and Brats, made up a pasta salad, Cowboy Beans, Rice Crispy Treats and Brownies with Walnuts. This is what she wanted so that's what I made. Wife was busy yesterday, working on stuff she had to get done for work so I think my Daughter knew to keep it simple LOL......

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, have a great day everybody!

Everyone, Monday Morning and so another work week! Take it by the horns and get through it! Everybody, have a great week!

Xelda

Reaction score
th
Morning Pops and friends. I wish they'd stop playing reruns of our Cowboy games. If they're trying to teach me a lesson, I already know that one.

We had Canada outside for almost 3 days last week. One night when it was raining, I started hearing thumps outside my back door. I opened it and there was a frog trying to get in the house. I shut the door because there's no way on Earth that I'm going to pick that sucker up if he comes in. I did some work in the back yard and a smaller frog jumped out of some grass at me and almost sent me back inside. It's just a teeny frog, it could have been worse. I'm so brave!

The temperature is nice outside. Translation; Why isn't it still hot? We'd sweat in our Halloween costumes. Our motto was "Our suffering is brief compared to the joy of this bag full of candy". The bag would drop to almost half it's size after removing those nasty plain black and orange wrapped balls of crap. The rules of Halloween is beggars can't be choosers. I thought I'd outsmart the rules one year and went with my cousin to a rich neighborhood. We were getting full sized candy bars (the good ones!) and fifty cent pieces, but there weren't many interested in Trick or Treaters there. Still, it was worth it!

One particular Halloween, momma had a station wagon filled with kids. We lived across from the street from the rich people's cemetery. One road going past it was the poorer segment of that cemetery. Momma stopped the car between the two and told us to all get out and walk home. Being a sworn scardey cat, I refused. Idjits were hopping off left and right, but I was actively developing suction to my seat. She got her giggles then allowed the rest to get back in the car. I was sweating bullets just knowing all the ghosts were watching the biggest chicken in the car. It was a moment I never forgot.

Another time there was an advertisement for something I really wanted. The whole family was painfully aware that I had laser focus on it. I didn't like to go outside after dark, but momma called me on to the porch. I sat beside her knowing monsters don't mess with mommas. Ghosts don't care, they go after the vulnerable. It was a full moon that was gleaming on all those white marble tomb stones. She pointed at a marble statue and said she'd get the item for me if I would sit on it for an hour that night. I stood up and said "I will never want anything that bad" and went back inside. I didn't know I'd developed a fear of marble at sunset. Two decades later, I hyperventilated at a war memorial. I know you are thinking, but she stared down that baby frog. I DID! but I'm still a scardey cat at heart.

I think I planned a lot of stuff for today, so I'd better get off the computer and tend to things. Have a good Monday if you can.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
th
Morning Pops and friends. I wish they'd stop playing reruns of our Cowboy games. If they're trying to teach me a lesson, I already know that one.

We had Canada outside for almost 3 days last week. One night when it was raining, I started hearing thumps outside my back door. I opened it and there was a frog trying to get in the house. I shut the door because there's no way on Earth that I'm going to pick that sucker up if he comes in. I did some work in the back yard and a smaller frog jumped out of some grass at me and almost sent me back inside. It's just a teeny frog, it could have been worse. I'm so brave!

The temperature is nice outside. Translation; Why isn't it still hot? We'd sweat in our Halloween costumes. Our motto was "Our suffering is brief compared to the joy of this bag full of candy". The bag would drop to almost half it's size after removing those nasty plain black and orange wrapped balls of crap. The rules of Halloween is beggars can't be choosers. I thought I'd outsmart the rules one year and went with my cousin to a rich neighborhood. We were getting full sized candy bars (the good ones!) and fifty cent pieces, but there weren't many interested in Trick or Treaters there. Still, it was worth it!

One particular Halloween, momma had a station wagon filled with kids. We lived across from the street from the rich people's cemetery. One road going past it was the poorer segment of that cemetery. Momma stopped the car between the two and told us to all get out and walk home. Being a sworn scardey cat, I refused. Idjits were hopping off left and right, but I was actively developing suction to my seat. She got her giggles then allowed the rest to get back in the car. I was sweating bullets just knowing all the ghosts were watching the biggest chicken in the car. It was a moment I never forgot.

Another time there was an advertisement for something I really wanted. The whole family was painfully aware that I had laser focus on it. I didn't like to go outside after dark, but momma called me on to the porch. I sat beside her knowing monsters don't mess with mommas. Ghosts don't care, they go after the vulnerable. It was a full moon that was gleaming on all those white marble tomb stones. She pointed at a marble statue and said she'd get the item for me if I would sit on it for an hour that night. I stood up and said "I will never want anything that bad" and went back inside. I didn't know I'd developed a fear of marble at sunset. Two decades later, I hyperventilated at a war memorial. I know you are thinking, but she stared down that baby frog. I DID! but I'm still a scardey cat at heart.

I think I planned a lot of stuff for today, so I'd better get off the computer and tend to things. Have a good Monday if you can.
My goodness! How big were the fangs on that frog??

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I've been up since 3:15 a.m. and am still drinking coffee. The 6 year old gave us a good laugh last night. We had pizza for dinner and there were three pieces left in the box which he claimed. His plan was to eat one slice for breakfast and the other two slices for lunch today. Well, mom and grandma decide to cut one slice in half and share it, leaving only two slices in the box. He said, "Mom, can you cut one of those in half so I can still have two pieces for lunch tomorrow."

I hope everyone has a really nice day.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and "Powderpuff", please bring Gamma Jan back and don't bury her.

Well, here we are at the point when our season can go one of two directions and I love it. I much prefer this to being 3-0 because that was boring and lacking drama. I really like watching teams with their backs up against the wall and both teams are at that point only 6 games in. They're both .500 but don't even look that good and they have tougher opponents coming up after this Sunday night game. The East is the least and at this point no one would pick either to win one playoff game and those pesky damned Giants are one game out and don't want to go away.

And some of you already know this but I just love the forum when it's like this, far more entertaining and a veritable bonanza of opportunities for goofy stuff and I just loooooooovvvvvvvve goofy stuff.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stopped in to check out the thread.

Xelda, enjoyed reading your post. LOL........ Good stuff girl!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all doing well, thus far. Looking for Friday to get here!

Everybody, one day down in the work week! Work hard, do right, enjoy the comfort of knowledge that you have nothing to be sorry for if you do both those things.

Peace........

Xelda

Reaction score
Howdy Pops and friends. My internet is spotty today, so I'm hopping in to say you don't have to put my name on the suicide list after the last 3 games. I'm flying higher than a snail's belly today. Thank the good Lord for putting another day between us and Sunday. Happy Tuesday!

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Happy hump day. We got a little bit of rain yesterday, but not much. Another benefit of the cooler weather we're having, besides feeling good, is that the lawn doesn't need mowing as often. I like that. I'll probably go to the practice range today and hit a few golf balls. Heaven knows I need the practice.