FEATURED Morning Pops!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning, afternoon and evening Pops. To all those that I haven't corresponded with recently, I bid you hello from Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.

I just flew in from West New Britain Island where the days are warm, the sunsets are beautiful and the diving is spectacular. After 10 days on a boat, I am more than ready to return home. In a few hours, I start the long journey home to Colorado arriving sometime late on Friday evening.

I can"t wait to catch up with all of you and the rest of the forum. In the meantime, I will leave this little tidbit from my trip:. Early one morning, I was on the deck of the dive boat watching with interest local villagers paddle their dugout canoes from the nearby island to the boat. They brought their dugout canoes along side the boat and proceeded to talk very rapidly amongst themselves. Finally, one of the young men smiled at me and said "Cowboys" (I was wearing a DC ball cap) and gave two thumbs up. Will wonders never cease??

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning, afternoon and evening Pops. To all those that I haven't corresponded with recently, I bid you hello from Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.

I just flew in from West New Britain Island where the days are warm, the sunsets are beautiful and the diving is spectacular. After 10 days on a boat, I am more than ready to return home. In a few hours, I start the long journey home to Colorado arriving sometime late on Friday evening.

I can"t wait to catch up with all of you and the rest of the forum. In the meantime, I will leave this little tidbit from my trip:. Early one morning, I was on the deck of the dive boat watching with interest local villagers paddle their dugout canoes from the nearby island to the boat. They brought their dugout canoes along side the boat and proceeded to talk very rapidly amongst themselves. Finally, one of the young men smiled at me and said "Cowboys" (I was wearing a DC ball cap) and gave two thumbs up. Will wonders never cease??
I thought you were in heathen territory, but I can now see you were with good folks. Hope your trip home is uneventful and pleasant.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Did he say "Garrett sucks"? If he didn't, he's not a Cowboys fan.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I just had to re-read this post, but with Jaques Custeau's voice.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. TGIF! I started writing about how apathetic I've been towards NFL games, except for the Cowboys, this year; but it sounded too negative so I erased it. Instead I'll offer a cheerful good morning to everyone. Enjoy your day!
I would have one upped you, Leon. I am more apathetic about Cowboys games than I have ever been and thought the impending Eagles game would light the fire, it hasn't. I knew something was amiss when I was that way about the opening game, a division game and then the Skins, always gotten up for the Skins games.

I know what has happened to me to spite all of my efforts to keep that from happening, they're no longer the Dallas Cowboys, they've finally become Booger's Boys. It doesn't help that the Fan Forum spends such a large % of the time on either anything and everything he says or trashing Garrett to the point I feel I have to try and throw some defense his way and point out his absence does not necessarily make it better.

Lost in all of this anger and frustration and dashed hopes (expectations) was one of the gutsiest performances by a QB I've seen in many years. Dak just wouldn't quit and that one play when he carried through knowing he was going to catch it right in the sternum spoke volumes about what he's willing to do to lead his team. He's built to be physically tough but he showed mental toughness that explains why whenever he's taken over the QB1 job he's never relinquished it.

So, that is what I will look forward to on Sunday night because it's not going to get any easier with his OL banged up and Philly coming to town with Schwartz directing that D. I will watch a courageous QB lead his team against most the odds as long as he can continue to play. At this rate, I will be surprised if he can finish the season.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decide to stop in and visit the thread this Friday!

I've long felt that the best thing about this thread is that it's not really about Football or really any specific topic or agenda, like you see in so many other threads. It's just about a good man and a lot of good people who ascribe to many of the things that made him great. There is power in that and I believe that it makes us all stronger. Perhaps I just like to believe that, IDK, but it doesn't matter because it is what I believe.

Lots to do this weekend and unfortunately, it's not all about fun and games and food etc. No matter, got to get it done so I'll be brief.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, all of you, have a great weekend!

Everyone, have fun, be fun, try not to take the games too seriously and above all, be safe!

Happy Friday everybody!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decide to stop in and visit the thread this Friday!

I've long felt that the best thing about this thread is that it's not really about Football or really any specific topic or agenda, like you see in so many other threads. It's just about a good man and a lot of good people who ascribe to many of the things that made him great. There is power in that and I believe that it makes us all stronger. Perhaps I just like to believe that, IDK, but it doesn't matter because it is what I believe.

Lots to do this weekend and unfortunately, it's not all about fun and games and food etc. No matter, got to get it done so I'll be brief.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, all of you, have a great weekend!

Everyone, have fun, be fun, try not to take the games too seriously and above all, be safe!

Happy Friday everybody!
This really is a great thread. Probably the best I've ever visited on any site. It's the people who take part in it, and they respect the purpose of it.
Unfortunately, I don't always think to come here every day, because other things sometimes catch my eye, but then when I do, I play catch up, which is more than I do anywhere else.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
and the diving is spectacular.
3dq90g.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Welcome to the Weekend! Looking at the college football schedule, there doesn't seem to be any really good match ups today, but I'll probably watch one or two of them anyway. I promised my grandson I would play a computer game with him today so that's the first priority. Have a fun weekend, everybody.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

Saturday evening... still in Virginia visiting my daughter and the grands. Went to Fredericksburg today and met Dustin's mom. Hung out at the pumpkin patch...where it was pre-planned... Dustin proposed!!! I've known for about 2 months this was going to happen. Went off as we hoped and thankfully she said yes! We head back to Virginia Beach tomorrow.

The rest of the trip has been filed with anxious moments and lots of tension. In fact, I was ready to go home a few days after I got here.

Heading back to Iowa early Monday evening and should be back at my own place by 10pm. Don't know when I'll get back here again. I've had my fill for a bit.

For now, been a long day and I'm pooped. Time to relax a bit.

Hope everyone has a good evening and enjoy your Sunday.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Evening Pops and everyone.

Saturday evening... still in Virginia visiting my daughter and the grands. Went to Fredericksburg today and met Dustin's mom. Hung out at the pumpkin patch...where it was pre-planned... Dustin proposed!!! I've known for about 2 months this was going to happen. Went off as we hoped and thankfully she said yes! We head back to Virginia Beach tomorrow.

The rest of the trip has been filed with anxious moments and lots of tension. In fact, I was ready to go home a few days after I got here.

Heading back to Iowa early Monday evening and should be back at my own place by 10pm. Don't know when I'll get back here again. I've had my fill for a bit.

For now, been a long day and I'm pooped. Time to relax a bit.

Hope everyone has a good evening and enjoy your Sunday.
Congratulations to you and your daughter! Sorry the whole trip wasn't fun.