3jgin0.jpg

@ColoCowboy @LeonDixson

Morning Pops and Everyone.

Still alive. Just checking in.

Have a good weekend.
:D

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. The working stiffs finally made it to the weekend and Leon's doctors are off today, so good news all around. I found a new recipe called Pull Apart Bacon Bread. I have deemed it most interesting and purchased some bacon at Sam's last night. The crowd wasn't terrible, but the people thought everyone could just walk through their buggies. One had her buggy turned sideways across the aisle as she discussed a sample with the employee. No one was getting in or out until my alter ego Super Rude flew in and bumped her buggy. She apologized and I gave a low growl. It was a mercy growl. I was on a mission to get in and out with minimum cost and blood shed.

I came home from work one night and Billy Graham was on my TV. He was reading me the riot act and chewing both butt cheeks out. The Baptist in me thought I'd go to hell if I changed channels, so I let him finish. I grew up Baptist and sometimes the preacher would get me cranked up. One sermon was about having faith the size of a mustard seed and being able to move mountains. I was very young and thought I'm going to move mountains today! Momma drove me home and I didn't see a single mountain in that 2 mile spread. I figured the pilgrims got tired crossing the Smokey Mountains and moved the Rockies to where they are now. It was an evolving thought.

Be safe, heal up, watch the weather channel for all that you're missing, giggle about it and enjoy your vacation Street. Leon, so many shots in the nose. That should count as the ultimate stress test. Stay warm Dabz, Gramma and Runny, know we aren't laughing at you down here. It's your neighbors, co-workers and strangers. You're the good ones and Cowboys fans. We've got to get all the pleasure out of those snow pictures we can because summer isn't that far off.

Let us savor football while we can. I see stupid old basketball is cranking up. My TV will be able to rest after the Super Bowl. Have a good day all, I'm going in to the kitchen and commence to create something worth eating.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. The working stiffs finally made it to the weekend and Leon's doctors are off today, so good news all around. I found a new recipe called Pull Apart Bacon Bread. I have deemed it most interesting and purchased some bacon at Sam's last night. The crowd wasn't terrible, but the people thought everyone could just walk through their buggies. One had her buggy turned sideways across the aisle as she discussed a sample with the employee. No one was getting in or out until my alter ego Super Rude flew in and bumped her buggy. She apologized and I gave a low growl. It was a mercy growl. I was on a mission to get in and out with minimum cost and blood shed.

I came home from work one night and Billy Graham was on my TV. He was reading me the riot act and chewing both butt cheeks out. The Baptist in me thought I'd go to hell if I changed channels, so I let him finish. I grew up Baptist and sometimes the preacher would get me cranked up. One sermon was about having faith the size of a mustard seed and being able to move mountains. I was very young and thought I'm going to move mountains today! Momma drove me home and I didn't see a single mountain in that 2 mile spread. I figured the pilgrims got tired crossing the Smokey Mountains and moved the Rockies to where they are now. It was an evolving thought.

Be safe, heal up, watch the weather channel for all that you're missing, giggle about it and enjoy your vacation Street. Leon, so many shots in the nose. That should count as the ultimate stress test. Stay warm Dabz, Gramma and Runny, know we aren't laughing at you down here. It's your neighbors, co-workers and strangers. You're the good ones and Cowboys fans. We've got to get all the pleasure out of those snow pictures we can because summer isn't that far off.

Let us savor football while we can. I see stupid old basketball is cranking up. My TV will be able to rest after the Super Bowl. Have a good day all, I'm going in to the kitchen and commence to create something worth eating.
We have no snow. I'm so irritated. I need snow for Christmas (note, there's no "X" when Christmas is spelled the right way... just sayin.)

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

Haven't been posting. Been busy and quite frankly being censored got my nose a bit out of joint considering the actual content posted on this site.

'Nuf said. Anyway, got through the first appt. in Iowa City clean. 5 year scan (CT) is this Thursday. This is a big one.

The troublemaking thug bar on the corner got its marching papers (finally) after a recent incident that involved shots fired, police pepper spraying the crowd to disburse them, private city meetings with the neighboring business owners (our law office included), city council meetings with public comment (I chose not to attend since I live and work here and didn't want any conflict)...(our law office took a one 9mm round). State alcohol board was here and the property owner I think finally heard that people don't want that nonsense where we work and live. He's a prominent realtor in this area and was only concerned about the almighty dollar...until his reputation started to come under fire.

All this on the heels of my getting my pre-approval on the home loan :D. What's that you said Coach? Gramma Jan Jefferson? Well, assuming all goes as planned and I get my clean CT this week, the offer will be signed and we will close sometime between mid-March and mid-April and I will indeed be 'moving on up'. More later.

Been watching all your posts and saying silent prayers for those falling apart physically, emotionally and mentally. Y'all know who you are.

Have a great weekend all.

GJJ, out.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

So, we are in Calgary, Alberta for a long weekend visit with the grandkids. Today, we are all going to see the Nutcracker ballet. It will be a first for the kids.

I know I often speak of the weather in Colorado suggesting I am tough enough to withstand very cold temperatures. Let me tell you, it is bone-chillling cold in Calgary. Today's high is forecast to be 10F. Factor in the wind chill and the temperature is significantly below zero I have so many layers on, I resemble the Michelein Man.

Once again, I will miss tomorrow's game. It will be recorded, though. I have missed seeing 6 games this year despite having NFL Ticket. Honestly, I really haven't missed it as much as I thought I would.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and - stay warm.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. We had short sleeves weather yesterday. Reminds of Christmas when I lived in Hawaii. I did get my shopping finished yesterday so I'm all set.

Jan, congrats on the loan approval and good luck on Thursday. Said a prayer for you.
Colo, some of those games you missed were not worth seeing IMHO.

Y'all have a blessed day.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends.

Happy Sunday morning. I almost wrote "and hopefully a happy Sunday night, after a Cowboys win", but honestly I don't know if winning today's game would get me any more excited than a loss at this point. I suppose I'd rather have them win than lose, but if they don't get to, and go far into the playoffs, they might as well lose out and get better draft positioning.

Hmm, guess I'm not in a great mood this morning. Oh well, I hope the rest of you are!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and a good report for Jan is requested if you've got pull up there, Pops. While you've got The Man's ear, how about snow for those that want it and no snow for those that don't? And drop a hint to Him about me and the lottery.

I am drinking coffee out of my new Grinch mug. It's big, 20 oz, bright green with a Naughty Grinch on one side and a Nice Grinch on the other which doesn't really work for me because I am Naughty on both sides. I've never had an answer when photographers asked "which is your good side?"

Colo, I'll never get people thinking that the Canadians are soft. I was in Winnipeg in January and am still wondering why. So were the people in Winnipeg. I liked Calgary, the sister city to Dallas in Canada, and liked the people wherever I went. There is a courtesy and politeness to them that is sorely missing in the States. But that crazy metric system caused them to screw up the size of their football fields.

I am hurt that none of you remembered Hector's and my first anniversary. I was thinking about this yesterday as one year ago yesterday I came home form the hospital with Hector and I don't need to tell you, living alone I was really nervous about how I would make out. My leg was 3x it's normal size, which nobody warned me about, and learning to take care of myself with these cool tools made for people with hips and knees that don't bend right was an experience. By the time I could get dressed, it was time to go back to bed. Looking back made me appreciate the fact I could go out for a walk in shorts and a t shirt yesterday...without a limp. I would have preferred to go naked and show my Naughty sides but it's Christmas in the resort and the lighted carriages started rolling late yesterday afternoon. This is one cool place to be during the holidays.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and friends.

Happy Sunday morning. I almost wrote "and hopefully a happy Sunday night, after a Cowboys win", but honestly I don't know if winning today's game would get me any more excited than a loss at this point. I suppose I'd rather have them win than lose, but if they don't get to, and go far into the playoffs, they might as well lose out and get better draft positioning.

Hmm, guess I'm not in a great mood this morning. Oh well, I hope the rest of you are!
You are not alone as Leon gave up on them before this season and I don't watch them with any passion and really don't care whether they win or not.

Let's see if we can pick up that mood. I want you to think back to right before and right after your shoulder surgery, how did you feel? Now, how do you feel compared to that?

I get that mood part as I am one moody sob, my wife thought I might be bi-polar with both of the me's being nuts. One thing about being moody, nothing lasts. I know no matter what mood I am in, this isn't lasting long. I also gave up on asking myself "why am I in this mood, how did I get here"? If I knew, I would avoid it in the first place. That's the thing about being alone, Runny, no apologizing for a bad mood. You, sir, are a cheerful funny fellow and are allowed a bad mood.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You are not alone as Leon gave up on them before this season and I don't watch them with any passion and really don't care whether they win or not.

Let's see if we can pick up that mood. I want you to think back to right before and right after your shoulder surgery, how did you feel? Now, how do you feel compared to that?

I get that mood part as I am one moody sob, my wife thought I might be bi-polar with both of the me's being nuts. One thing about being moody, nothing lasts. I know no matter what mood I am in, this isn't lasting long. I also gave up on asking myself "why am I in this mood, how did I get here"? If I knew, I would avoid it in the first place. That's the thing about being alone, Runny, no apologizing for a bad mood. You, sir, are a cheerful funny fellow and are allowed a bad mood.
I want you to think back to right before and right after your shoulder surgery, how did you feel? Now, how do you feel compared to that?

Well, now I can carry my gallon of pennies to the bank with either hand.........and after being out of work for 6 months, I may have to. :grin: