FEATURED Morning Pops!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and peeps. Welcome to the Weekend! So Nolan and Tomsula have been fired. That's a good start IMO. Now let's have a strong draft on defense and get this team rolling next year.

We have freezing temps here this morning and snow is forecast for tommorrow. That should make the kids happy and my old bones achy.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good Sunday Morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

Interesting playoff games on Saturday. I didn't really watch any, but found myself cheering for the Bills. Good to see them in the playoffs after so many years... Ummm, a message for the Cowboys? Can you image the nationwide notoriety, if the Cowboys actually made it back to the SB?

The best laid plans of mice and men... Our plans for building our dream home in Montana seem to have gone up in a puff of CoVid smoke. It has been nearly impossible to find a good general contractor and, coupled with sky-rocketing materials costs, we've decided to sell the land.

Not all is lost, though, as we are under contract for a mountain-style log cabin on about 50 acres. We'll do most of the remodeling ourselves... We are firm believers in "what will be, will be" and are exceedingly excited about the house.

My wife observed, "you are not near as grumpy about these change in plans as I thought you would be". With age comes wisdom, with marriage comes compromise!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Interesting playoff games on Saturday. I didn't really watch any, but found myself cheering for the Bills. Good to see them in the playoffs after so many years... Ummm, a message for the Cowboys? Can you image the nationwide notoriety, if the Cowboys actually made it back to the SB?

The best laid plans of mice and men... Our plans for building our dream home in Montana seem to have gone up in a puff of CoVid smoke. It has been nearly impossible to find a good general contractor and, coupled with sky-rocketing materials costs, we've decided to sell the land.

Not all is lost, though, as we are under contract for a mountain-style log cabin on about 50 acres. We'll do most of the remodeling ourselves... We are firm believers in "what will be, will be" and are exceedingly excited about the house.

My wife observed, "you are not near as grumpy about these change in plans as I thought you would be". With age comes wisdom, with marriage comes compromise!!
Sorry about your plans but look on the bright side, your dream home could have become a nightmare.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Sorry about the house. But I grew up in a log house and I loved it. It has a much more natural feel to it, and if you bump the wall with anything but a chainsaw, you don't feel like you have to spackle and paint it. It's also much more Christmassy during the holidays, with a fire in the fireplace and stockings hanging from the mantle, and the tree doesn't look quite as out of place.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry about the house. But I grew up in a log house and I loved it. It has a much more natural feel to it, and if you bump the wall with anything but a chainsaw, you don't feel like you have to spackle and paint it. It's also much more Christmassy during the holidays, with a fire in the fireplace and stockings hanging from the mantle, and the tree doesn't look quite as out of place.
We feel very much the same way... Excited we found the home.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And since I like to watch TV in a stovepipe hat, makes me feel right at home.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles. I have a complaint to make, maybe two. What is bull riding doing on during my football channels and why is the NFL on ABC? A side note to that is they haven't filled my screen with shots of AR, which is vastly appreciated. But ABC? The only good thing is Chris Berman (however his name is spelled). He's like the McDonald's equivalent to John Madden's steak. The Titans and Ravens are stinking up the air waves with low scoring. I want them both eliminated, NOW!

My next complaint is it's supposed to snow today. I'll admit I went a little over board on Santa Clausing for myself, but it wasn't that... yeah, it was pretty bad. Ok, a little worse than OKAY a lot worse than is typical of me. I still don't deserve 3" of snow. That is shut the south down type of weather.

Speaking of Santa Claus, how do you like the Cool Water Runny? Keep in mind I suggested it for all the women around you. I remember before the pandemic, a bunch of women were crowding around one man at Lowes. I stepped over to see what the deal was because they were acting like they were in deep concentration over the snacks or drinks. The man was wearing Cool Water, so I spent some time looking at the drinks as well. It was glorious. I wish my house smelled like that.

Thank you, Montanallo. I hate hearing about your retirement home part deaux. I had big ideas to boss you around on the floor plan. I'm at a loss on the log cabin, so I hope it becomes the best surprise of your life and you wouldn't have it any other way. I'm trying to get some things done around my house and have found out just how expensive this virus has become. The roof was delayed months over shingle shortage. I didn't believe him, but it's a real thing. Privacy fence boards have just about doubled in price.

Here's hoping all the other games have some scoring going on. Enjoy everyone!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles. I have a complaint to make, maybe two. What is bull riding doing on during my football channels and why is the NFL on ABC? A side note to that is they haven't filled my screen with shots of AR, which is vastly appreciated. But ABC? The only good thing is Chris Berman (however his name is spelled). He's like the McDonald's equivalent to John Madden's steak. The Titans and Ravens are stinking up the air waves with low scoring. I want them both eliminated, NOW!

My next complaint is it's supposed to snow today. I'll admit I went a little over board on Santa Clausing for myself, but it wasn't that... yeah, it was pretty bad. Ok, a little worse than OKAY a lot worse than is typical of me. I still don't deserve 3" of snow. That is shut the south down type of weather.

Speaking of Santa Claus, how do you like the Cool Water Runny? Keep in mind I suggested it for all the women around you. I remember before the pandemic, a bunch of women were crowding around one man at Lowes. I stepped over to see what the deal was because they were acting like they were in deep concentration over the snacks or drinks. The man was wearing Cool Water, so I spent some time looking at the drinks as well. It was glorious. I wish my house smelled like that.

Thank you, Montanallo. I hate hearing about your retirement home part deaux. I had big ideas to boss you around on the floor plan. I'm at a loss on the log cabin, so I hope it becomes the best surprise of your life and you wouldn't have it any other way. I'm trying to get some things done around my house and have found out just how expensive this virus has become. The roof was delayed months over shingle shortage. I didn't believe him, but it's a real thing. Privacy fence boards have just about doubled in price.

Did you check out the CHI-NO halftime score?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I'm surprised the women could even smell the Cool Water. I put it on, and within 5 minutes, I don't smell anything at all, even when I put my mask on, which you'd think would amplify the odiferous effects. I hear that women have stronger olfactory senses than men, but I have to assume they lose that ability drastically as they age, because I can smell an old woman's perfume from 50 yards, with the wind going the other way. Fortunately, I'm not looking for an old woman. Maybe I should post a picture of myself on the dating site, holding up the bottle.....or maybe switch from Home Depot to Lowes.

Xelda

Reaction score
I'm surprised the women could even smell the Cool Water. I put it on, and within 5 minutes, I don't smell anything at all, even when I put my mask on, which you'd think would amplify the odiferous effects. I hear that women have stronger olfactory senses than men, but I have to assume they lose that ability drastically as they age, because I can smell an old woman's perfume from 50 yards, with the wind going the other way. Fortunately, I'm not looking for an old woman. Maybe I should post a picture of myself on the dating site, holding up the bottle.....or maybe switch from Home Depot to Lowes.
I told you to get the cologne. :grin: