FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and fellow Thirsty Thursday revelers. I am already planning on feeling a little parched later today and "wetting my whistle". Strange phrase, dontchyathink? Would you want to stand close to someone who just wet their whistle? I don't even like whistlers but I demand a dry one.

Today is pantry day and I will go through everything in there and check the dates and reorganize and see if I can handle this better than I did the last time, this time last year. I have this problem, I see space as something needing filling. Instead of appreciating the fact I can readily see spices and various boxes, cans and packages of things I am sure I had a plan for when I selected them in the store, I see space to satisfy my other problem, impulse buying.

I am certain Costco has agents watching me for when I begin approaching the store in Austin. "Quick, he's coming, get all of the useless crap we need to get rid of out on the end caps. We got rid of a case of tampons the last time he was here. I assume they were Christmas gifts".

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and fellow Thirsty Thursday revelers. I am already planning on feeling a little parched later today and "wetting my whistle". Strange phrase, dontchyathink? Would you want to stand close to someone who just wet their whistle? I don't even like whistlers but I demand a dry one.

Today is pantry day and I will go through everything in there and check the dates and reorganize and see if I can handle this better than I did the last time, this time last year. I have this problem, I see space as something needing filling. Instead of appreciating the fact I can readily see spices and various boxes, cans and packages of things I am sure I had a plan for when I selected them in the store, I see space to satisfy my other problem, impulse buying.

I am certain Costco has agents watching me for when I begin approaching the store in Austin. "Quick, he's coming, get all of the useless crap we need to get rid of out on the end caps. We got rid of a case of tampons the last time he was here. I assume they were Christmas gifts".
You have the only house on the block that never floods.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles. No, you don't look fat in that RGV as long as you stand next to the bigger boys.

I don't want to, but I've got some 'fessin' to do. That rhymed! The day I got my scan results, my brother tested positive for the virus. I was in his office Monday morning and the bug jumped on me. I didn't know until Wednesday afternoon but started feeling new levels of bad. At times it's like the flu. Momma was text bossing me. Drink water, walk, sleep sitting up, drink more water, go to the hospital when your temperature hits 101. I'm like drink orange juice and nap. Yesterday and the day before were official nap days. I need a holster for my Advil liquid gels to keep from hitting 101. I so smart.

I can't think or see clearly and life is naps or turning my nose up at food. I'm not much company, but I am alive and kicking. Wishing much better for everyone else.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles. No, you don't look fat in that RGV as long as you stand next to the bigger boys.

I don't want to, but I've got some 'fessin' to do. That rhymed! The day I got my scan results, my brother tested positive for the virus. I was in his office Monday morning and the bug jumped on me. I didn't know until Wednesday afternoon but started feeling new levels of bad. At times it's like the flu. Momma was text bossing me. Drink water, walk, sleep sitting up, drink more water, go to the hospital when your temperature hits 101. I'm like drink orange juice and nap. Yesterday and the day before were official nap days. I need a holster for my Advil liquid gels to keep from hitting 101. I so smart.

I can't think or see clearly and life is naps or turning my nose up at food. I'm not much company, but I am alive and kicking. Wishing much better for everyone else.
Take care, it is not something to take lightly, despite the Coronavirus zone.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I'm not usually one to say or do this, but LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER!! I don't imagine the virus is considerate enough to be any gentler with those who have a medical history like yours, Darlin'. Hopefully, it's just a run of the mill flu, and not the other Big C.

GrammaJan

Reaction score

Sure hope you’re feeling better soon!!

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Praying for ya my friend

kskboys

Reaction score

I'd be bringing you chicken soup and 7 up if I lived closer!!!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and peeps. I'm praying for you, Xelda. It looks like we have very temperate weather ahead today and for the next week, so I should be able to get some outside work done IF I get in the mood. Take care everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and Popsadoodles. Our funny lady is not doing well and we are concerned.

Xelda, are you sure it's COVID and not the flu? Never thought I'd be wishing the flu on you but I am in this case.

Zeke got the COVID and the next thing ya know, he's fumbling and I don't want you dropping your paint rollers and brushes in the bathroom.

Seriously, thinking about you and hoping it's a light case and over quickly.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thank you so much Pops and Popsadoodles. I broke down and told y'all in case I end up in the hospital. I'm not seeing progress, only a slow pull downwards. I just don't feel well. Take care everyone.
All the best, Xelda. Anyone that sticks by the Cowboys all these many years is certainly strong enough to lick this. All kidding aside, you have a very good "virtual" family standing by your side