FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and all you other blue blood Cowboys fans. Hey, what in the world did we do before smart phones when we had to wait in line for like an hour? Did we actually have to talk to people?
I tried to avoid it but there are those that are determined to talk no matter your level of participation. A few weeks ago when I was at the doctor's office, I ran into such a woman. It didn't matter how much I participated, she was going to hold a rally for Southern Maid Donuts. I was the only other person in the room, so I was nominated the Amen Section. Who was I to argue? Those are mighty fine donuts.

Xelda

Reaction score
Welcome back, missed you and your dreams.

What other word would you expect to be spelled weirdly than weird?
All of you were in my thoughts. But when my drug fueled love of the world had me ready to tease ksk, I had to step in and behave myself some what... sort of. In one of my dreams some one came up to rob me with a knife and I burst out laughing in his face. He was confused but started to laugh along with me. We threw our arms over each other's shoulder and went off to have a drink. I was really in rare form.

One other joy was shopping while under the influence. I sent momma three expensive leather purses. Can you believe she threatened to come get my pills? She doesn't know I sent myself five. That's probably more than I should have told on myself, but there it is. Come on UPS!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
All of you were in my thoughts. But when my drug fueled love of the world had me ready to tease ksk, I had to step in and behave myself some what... sort of. In one of my dreams some one came up to rob me with a knife and I burst out laughing in his face. He was confused but started to laugh along with me. We threw our arms over each other's shoulder and went off to have a drink. I was really in rare form.

One other joy was shopping while under the influence. I sent momma three expensive leather purses. Can you believe she threatened to come get my pills? She doesn't know I sent myself five. That's probably more than I should have told on myself, but there it is. Come on UPS!
I'll send you my address.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The English language was created by mostly clowns.
Many years ago, I was a middle school history teacher and one of the history classes I taught was American History for students who were learning to speak English. Most of these kids were between 13-14, and most had already learned enough English to do well verbally but their spelling was often a wild ride, lol.

I had about 15 students in this particular class and most of them were Spanish speakers either from Mexico or Central America. The second largest group were from the Middle East- I had a couple of kids from Pakistan, one from Israel and one from Afghanistan.

Most of these students were very bright and spoke very good English, but their spelling lagged behind verbal skills. I remember some of the words they struggled with on paper, and it makes you realize that English is somewhat confusing to learn how to spell. Some of the words and phrases I remember making the spelling “hall of fame” were phrases like , “no weigh” for “no way”, “threw” for “through”, “wood” for “would”, “weather or not” for “whether or not”, to name a few.

I learned a lot from these kids. Between them, there were 7 different languages and 5 different religions. And amazingly, they all got along very well. The one thing they all had in common was they were teenagers who wanted to learn English to fit in. And to learn how to be an American.

kskboys

Reaction score

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Don't ever behave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xelda

Reaction score
Yes, weigh. Xelda, the early days. Wood that I could do it differently.
AA19tpp0.img

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Friends!

Greetings from the Cresent City, New Orleans. We're spending a few days in NOLA this week for the grandkids Easter break.

We took a tour of an old plantation yesterday and today is a paddle boat river cruise.

Dad joke of the day (courtesy of my grandson):

What do you call a caveman's fart? A blast from the past.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and all y’all.

Well, I guess it’s time for an update and I just passed the 18 month mark last Wednesday and 12 months past my expiration date. Not to be confused with my best used by date, which I am sure is in the rear view mirror now.

Saw the oncologist last Thursday to go over labs and as soon as I got home the bilirubin monster struck accompanied by the worst rigors I’ve had to date.

They got me back in for new labs and all the liver function numbers were high with the bilirubin leading the parade and my skin and eyes yellowing rapidly and the incessant and maddening itching already in rare form.

But just like what happened the last two times, this began clearing itself Saturday morning and the next labs revealed the bilirubin had dropped from 6.1 to 1.0. My body had once again began fixing the problem but high is considered above .2 so some of the itching is still present.

I assume some of you might be curious about what’s going on because I am not here near as much as I used to be and I want to give you permission to ask anytime. I don’t bring it up as much as I used to because I don’t want to turn Pop’s thread into that but this thread is more about the people of this site than any other for me.

I am still possessing a positive mind and spirit, which I am certain got me through this last episode but have begun to believe I’ve always had the positive spirit but tried to control that with my mind.

I wonder how many more like me are there? I think there are many with too much emphasis on the need to know and not enough on the need to just feel.

The main thing I celebrate and lament about is that I can no longer remember me before all of this started in June, 2021. I lament taking all of that for granted, no speculative expiration date except for the insurance company’s and IRS.

However, I celebrate the release from the comfortably numbness I had settled into and that not caring whether I lived or died. The irony is someone had to tell me I was going to die for me to care about living.

I miss you guys, we need to get the Morning Pops band back together.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and all y’all.

Well, I guess it’s time for an update and I just passed the 18 month mark last Wednesday and 12 months past my expiration date. Not to be confused with my best used by date, which I am sure is in the rear view mirror now.

Saw the oncologist last Thursday to go over labs and as soon as I got home the bilirubin monster struck accompanied by the worst rigors I’ve had to date.

They got me back in for new labs and all the liver function numbers were high with the bilirubin leading the parade and my skin and eyes yellowing rapidly and the incessant and maddening itching already in rare form.

But just like what happened the last two times, this began clearing itself Saturday morning and the next labs revealed the bilirubin had dropped from 6.1 to 1.0. My body had once again began fixing the problem but high is considered above .2 so some of the itching is still present.

I assume some of you might be curious about what’s going on because I am not here near as much as I used to be and I want to give you permission to ask anytime. I don’t bring it up as much as I used to because I don’t want to turn Pop’s thread into that but this thread is more about the people of this site than any other for me.

I am still possessing a positive mind and spirit, which I am certain got me through this last episode but have begun to believe I’ve always had the positive spirit but tried to control that with my mind.

I wonder how many more like me are there? I think there are many with too much emphasis on the need to know and not enough on the need to just feel.

The main thing I celebrate and lament about is that I can no longer remember me before all of this started in June, 2021. I lament taking all of that for granted, no speculative expiration date except for the insurance company’s and IRS.

However, I celebrate the release from the comfortably numbness I had settled into and that not caring whether I lived or died. The irony is someone had to tell me I was going to die for me to care about living.

I miss you guys, we need to get the Morning Pops band back together.
Your updates are not only appreciated but also greatly anticipated. As always, thoughtful, well written and wrapped in good humor. My friend you are an inspiration to us all. Keep fighting, laughing and smelling all the flowers. And keep reporting it all here as much as you can. Bless you brother.

Xelda

Reaction score
We are here Coachadoodles. Not nearly often enough, but we're here. I can't say it's my right to know how you're doing, because it's not. It's a privilege you bestow upon us and we appreciate whole heartedly. We want to know so we can root for you at every turn, which we do. I would like to celebrate you out living your condiments, because you can't take your pickles with you! Hooray!!!!

I thought I'd check in and tell y'all I was behaving nearly all day yesterday and parts of today. I had high hopes for tomorrow but may have to get into someone's business. Today is not the day to talk about it though.

kskboys

Reaction score
We are here Coachadoodles. Not nearly often enough, but we're here. I can't say it's my right to know how you're doing, because it's not. It's a privilege you bestow upon us and we appreciate whole heartedly. We want to know so we can root for you at every turn, which we do. I would like to celebrate you out living your condiments, because you can't take your pickles with you! Hooray!!!!

I thought I'd check in and tell y'all I was behaving nearly all day yesterday and parts of today. I had high hopes for tomorrow but may have to get into someone's business. Today is not the day to talk about it though.
You don't have to be cruel about it.

Behaving? That is beyond cruelty!!!!!!!!!!!! Please just make something up about nekkybum gardening or something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!