FEATURED Morning Pops!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Friends,

@CouchCoach we appreciate the updates you provide. Your notes provide a means of staying touch and in a strange way provide many of us (well, at least me) with a sense of hope.

"12 months past my expiration date" Not to make light of the situation but it would appear you answered the robo call about extending your warranty. Sorry, couldn't help myself... no offense intended.

Although we have had light snow and sleet the past few mornings, there are unmistakable signs of Spring: first buds on the trees, a hint of green grass and, of course, bear sightings.

My wife has traveled to Istanbul to catch up with her sister. With the on-going Ukraine/Russia conflict, it hasn't been safe or advisable for my wife to visit Russia, so they are meeting in one of the few countries her sister (who still lives in Russia) can easily travel. So, the cats and I are keeping the lights on at home and on double secret bear alert watch.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Popsadoodles. I saw some jokes on line that I wanted to share with y'all. I don't see a squiggle on my keyboard, so here goes...

A guy spots a sign outside a house that reads “Talking Dog for Sale.” Intrigued, he walks in.

“So what have you done with your life?” he asks the dog.

“I’ve led a very full life,” says the dog. “I lived in the Alps rescuing avalanche victims. Then I served my country in Iraq. And now I spend my days reading to the residents of a retirement home.”

The guy is flabbergasted. He asks the dog’s owner, “Why on earth would you want to get rid of an incredible dog like that?”

The owner says, “Because he’s a liar! He never did any of that!”

:star:

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He’s not breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls 911.

“I think my friend is dead!” he yells. “What can I do?”

The operator says, “Calm down. First, let’s make sure he’s dead.”

There’s a silence, then a shot. Back on the phone, the guy says, “OK, now what?”

A priest, a minister, and a rabbi want to see who’s best at his job. So they each go into the woods, find a bear, and attempt to convert it. Later they get together. The priest begins: “When I found the bear, I read to him from the Catechism and sprinkled him with holy water. Next week is his First Communion.”

“I found a bear by the stream,” says the minister, “and preached God’s holy word. The bear was so mesmerized that he let me baptize him.”

They both look down at the rabbi, who is lying on a gurney in a body cast. “Looking back,” he says, “maybe I shouldn’t have started with the circumcision.”

Xelda

Reaction score
There's more...

A turtle is crossing the road when he’s mugged by two snails. When the police show up, they ask him what happened. The shaken turtle replies, “I don’t know. It all happened so fast.”

Every ten years, the monks in the monastery are allowed to break their vow of silence to speak two words. Ten years go by and it’s one monk’s first chance. He thinks for a second before saying, “Food bad.”

Ten years later, he says, “Bed hard.”

It’s the big day, a decade later. He gives the head monk a long stare and says, “I quit.”

“I’m not surprised,” the head monk says. “You’ve been complaining ever since you got here.”

A ventriloquist is performing with his dummy on his lap. He’s telling a dumb-blonde joke when a young platinum-haired beauty jumps to her feet. “What gives you the right to stereotype blondes that way?” she demands. “What does hair color have to do with my worth as a human being?” Flustered, the ventriloquist begins to stammer out an apology. “You keep out of this!” she yells. “I’m talking to that little jerk on your knee!”

A man, shocked by how his buddy is dressed, asks him, “How long have you been wearing that bra?” The friend replies, “Ever since my wife found it in the glove compartment.”

The end. Have a good day y'all!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good Tuesday morning Pops and Friends,

Dad joke of the day:

why do demons and ghouls hang out together?

because demons are a ghouls best friends.

The temperature broke 60 F this past weekend and, today, it is supposed to reach the high 70's. I am in shorts for the first time since late last summer. i am not ready for this "heat wave"

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and all y'all in hiding. Monty is right, where is everybody?

OK, I'm as guilty as anyone but I have a written excuse.

"To whom this may concern, and if you're reading this you must be one of them, one CouchCoach has an excused absence from being present anywhere since he is a recluse. He is so reclusive, we couldn't find him, and we admit not to looking hard for him, if at all, to give him this note so we posted it here".

Today is exactly 19 months since I was diagnosed and prognosed with only 6 months to live if I didn't choose their form of treatment. I met with my oncologist yesterday and since the last bilirubin flare up, my labs have started falling back into reasonable. I asked her how typical this is, these fluctuations, and she told me they're not typical at all. When the two tumor markers they monitor for this little monster, CA 19-9 and GGT, begin to rise, that's usually a sign things are not going to get better and my liver count was getting out of hand as well and that's falling back.

I continue on the regimen of acupuncture, Rife Light treatments, using the Kloud frequency cell stimulator for an hour a day and some supplements. although I have reduced that because the combination was making me feel yucky and my stomach make those sounds like urry urp, urry urp. This Kloud treatment was the last thing I added and I am a true believer in it and I would like to explain how it works but don't want to get too technical for my readers and get above your heads. This from a man that has "use this end" printed on all his screwdrivers so I couldn't explain any better than "this damned thing be magic".

Crazy life when a man is all prepared to go peacefully and accept his death when life decides to peak around the corner and say "hey, remember me, I'm still here and I am not done with you yet". And that fateful cry of "why me Lord?" has completely new meaning.

Off to see one of my favorite people, Rebecca, my acupuncturist, this morning. Hell of a thing when a man considers one of his best friends a woman that sticks needles in him. But that has been the best part of this ride, the passengers I picked up along the way that restored my faith in the existence of good people that want nothing but what is best for me.

This old world was doing it's best to prove to me the human race was worthless, the discourse and hatred was winning and all it was really saying was "those good people, they're still here, you just have to look a little harder to find them but know this, some will find you".

Xelda

Reaction score
Present and accounted for. Sorry to be late Montanalo and all my Popsadoodles. This has been Hell Week 1592.0. I won't get into it because it would turn this post into a complaint card. No one needs that.

Good jokes Montanalo. I think of you every time I see a joke on line now.

Hey Coachadoodles! Your good reports are like drinking in the scents, sounds and contentment of a day on vacation. It's just special.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and all y'all in hiding. Monty is right, where is everybody?

OK, I'm as guilty as anyone but I have a written excuse.

"To whom this may concern, and if you're reading this you must be one of them, one CouchCoach has an excused absence from being present anywhere since he is a recluse. He is so reclusive, we couldn't find him, and we admit not to looking hard for him, if at all, to give him this note so we posted it here".

Today is exactly 19 months since I was diagnosed and prognosed with only 6 months to live if I didn't choose their form of treatment. I met with my oncologist yesterday and since the last bilirubin flare up, my labs have started falling back into reasonable. I asked her how typical this is, these fluctuations, and she told me they're not typical at all. When the two tumor markers they monitor for this little monster, CA 19-9 and GGT, begin to rise, that's usually a sign things are not going to get better and my liver count was getting out of hand as well and that's falling back.

I continue on the regimen of acupuncture, Rife Light treatments, using the Kloud frequency cell stimulator for an hour a day and some supplements. although I have reduced that because the combination was making me feel yucky and my stomach make those sounds like urry urp, urry urp. This Kloud treatment was the last thing I added and I am a true believer in it and I would like to explain how it works but don't want to get too technical for my readers and get above your heads. This from a man that has "use this end" printed on all his screwdrivers so I couldn't explain any better than "this damned thing be magic".

Crazy life when a man is all prepared to go peacefully and accept his death when life decides to peak around the corner and say "hey, remember me, I'm still here and I am not done with you yet". And that fateful cry of "why me Lord?" has completely new meaning.

Off to see one of my favorite people, Rebecca, my acupuncturist, this morning. Hell of a thing when a man considers one of his best friends a woman that sticks needles in him. But that has been the best part of this ride, the passengers I picked up along the way that restored my faith in the existence of good people that want nothing but what is best for me.

This old world was doing it's best to prove to me the human race was worthless, the discourse and hatred was winning and all it was really saying was "those good people, they're still here, you just have to look a little harder to find them but know this, some will find you".
Good to see you on the thread Coach. Whether or not we post, you know we love you.

I peek in here on occasion but really don’t spend too much time. I’ve crawled back in my little reclusive world away from people…because you know… they’re all out to get something from you or working an angle.

If you were here I’d take you fishing with me in the morning, but I guess I’ll be flying solo. Maybe next time.

I’m glad whatever monkeypaw magic your doctors are using on you is working. Keep up the good fight. Insight from the survivors of the beast (which you are considered to be as long as you still kicking) is what gives hope to the newly initiated.

xx
Gramma Jan

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good evening Pops and all who grace this thread.

Life… ‘nuf said… you can’t trust anyone and being alone sucks.

Had a plan for moving to VA but my recent trip tells me that’s now likely not to happen. I just want to be happy. Not looking likely. At my age you’d think I’d get a clue.

Good news… my daughter is pregnant. Hasn’t been smooth, but she’s through the first trimester. Did the gender reveal when I was out there last month. We have another boy, which is great. My son-in-law is the only male among his siblings so this is the only one to carry on his family name. I’ll be going back out late September just before she’s due to deliver and hope to spend a few weeks. If any of you are in the Virginia Beach area holler.

I don’t want to get into any bad news so I’ll just end on the note of a new baby on the way. This will be the last grandchild (#8) unless one of the kids splits from their spouse and creates another blended family. Not likely but a girl can dream.

Hope you all have a glorious weekend.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Had a plan for moving to VA but my recent trip tells me that’s now likely not to happen. I just want to be happy. Not looking likely. At my age you’d think I’d get a clue.

Good news… my daughter is pregnant. Hasn’t been smooth, but she’s through the first trimester. Did the gender reveal when I was out there last month. We have another boy, which is great. My son-in-law is the only male among his siblings so this is the only one to carry on his family name. I’ll be going back out late September just before she’s due to deliver and hope to spend a few weeks. If any of you are in the Virginia Beach area holler.

I don’t want to get into any bad news so I’ll just end on the note of a new baby on the way. This will be the last grandchild (#8) unless one of the kids splits from their spouse and creates another blended family. Not likely but a girl can dream.

Whenever you get lonely, just remember that there are advantages to living alone.

You always know where your stuff is, you get to watch whatever you want, when you want, you never have to clean up after anyone else, and you never have to visit someone else's family.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. Good to hear the good news CC. Keep fighting the good fight.

I’m glad our tv channel options have improved since the 60s and 70s when we only had 3 channels and all showed the same program. The coronation got old the first 3 minutes this morning so I changed to channel to see something with more substance, Twilight Zone.

Hoping all have a great day.

Xelda

Reaction score
Whenever you get lonely, just remember that there are advantages to living alone.

You always know where your stuff is, you get to watch whatever you want, when you want, you never have to clean up after anyone else, and you never have to visit someone else's family.
Woah! That sounds awesome, sign me up! Oh, wait...

Jan, please try to look for the good in your situation. It's not always easy or even visible, but something good has to be in there because you are there. Sometimes it can be as mundane as the joy of a good pen or the big paper clips. Cooking something that doesn't get stuck to the bottom of your pan. Finding a new recipe that you enjoy. Seeing birds take flight. The serenity of a rainy day. The possibilities of a sunny day. The smile of a stranger. Logging in to CZ and getting a good report from a friend or a dad joke. There's always something if we open our hearts to look. This isn't to dismiss anything you're going through, just a hope filled message for you.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But you have no one to blame when you can't find your stuff.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jan, the only thing we control is our frame of mind. Our own presence within us. And not everyone is present within themselves, I wasn't.

I naturally expect the worst and go the dark side easily so I had to fight that when my wife was diagnosed, I had to create a new presence within me, one that was more aware and in doing so, I discovered the true benefit of optimism.

I had always been a results-oriented person in business and my personal life so what did the journey matter, it was all about the destination. These positive minded people annoyed me, what the hell did they know?

I live with this death sentence hanging over me and every 4 weeks get to see my labs and they've been all over the place and every time they elevate I ask myself is this it? Is this the beginning of the end? And to my own disbelief, I do not go dark, I get more light.

I wish I had the words to inspire you to inspire yourself because that's the only thing that can pull you out of this funk. I know, used to be there often and I would just tell myself "well, just have to ride this out". Then I discovered something. If I could ride, I still had control, I wasn't that feather in the wind getting blown everywhere, I could pick my own speed at which to ride out but I had to change my mount to a more positive one.

Jan, I think about you a lot, mainly because you are not here much. I assume that's because you feel you will be a downer but that's OK. Everything I know about the man this thread is dedicated to says that is OK. We are here for you because we care.

You are not alone in your loneliness, it is the fastest growing ailment in the world right now and progressing at an alarming rate. The disconnect rate is still climbing, which is why it is important that you stay connected to us.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

@GrammaJan i am very pleased to see you posting again.

Despite whatever curveball life has thrown you, know that you can overcome it. It may not be easy and the path may not be clear, but there is always a path.

Anyway, thank you for your post and thanks for sharing