Signed by Cowboys Morris signs 2-yr deal with Cowboys

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Great signing!
What some don't get is McFadden is 29; Morris 27. Both know how to run in the NFL. Morris provides insurance in case of injury, along with competition. Morris is a tough, short yardage runner who terrorizes secondaries when he gets up a head of steam.

Even if we target Zeke or Henry or Prosise in later rounds, there's not a single guarantee that your guy is there when you go to select him. Do you want to trade picks to move up for these guys? Even a 3rd or 4th rounder can be taken a few picks ahead of you. You cannot go into the draft short handed at a position, assuming you will fill it with a rookie.

If we want Zeke, we can still draft him, or Henry or anyone else. Neither McFadden nor Morris are going to have significant guaranteed money, and you need 3 RBs anyway. Now, if we aren't targeting Zeke, every other RB is an even bigger risk for other teams to select ahead of us. I like McFadden/Morris better than any tandem we used at anytime last season.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Didn't Morris routinely run into his lineman's back? Not sure if he's the back he used to be.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Just could not help myself had to take a look and the fans at that "God forsaken place" ExtremeSkins for the most part are pretty pissed he gone.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Last year, Morris converted on all five of his carries on third down and 2 or less. Over the past three years, he's 14 of 17 (82.3 percent). On second downs, he's 34 of 42 (81 percent). For comparison, the NFL average is 68 percent on third downs and 68.2 percent on second downs.

If nothing else, he might be our short-yardage guy.

These are great stats to know. Awesome. I like this deal more and more.

Just curious Adam, cause I respect your opinion (I'm an old school poster who hardly posts anymore, so I only recognize the fellow old schoolers like yourself)--- would you like to see us draft Ramsey, Bosa, Jack or one of the two QBs?

Gaede

Reaction score
Not a big fan of this. McFadden & Morris don't strike fear in any d coordinator. If we ignore runningback in favour of this lineup, we set Romo up for another injury plagued season full of third and long, shotgun snaps.

We don't need a committee, we need a lead horse. That is literally the only winning formula we've had under Garrett. Yet they run away from that formula

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
From ExtremeSkins:
I wasn't tripping about this because I just knew that the Cowboys were running a power scheme. I had no idea that they were running a ZBS.

Morris without 8 in the box in the ZBS is dangerous man. Smh...

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys' new running back is well known for being frugal.

Alfred Morris, who signed a two-year $3.5 million deal, with a chance to earn up to $5.5 million, has made millions in his four previous NFL seasons.

But as of last season, he still drives a car he originally bought for $2 from his pastor.

Morris refers to his 1991 Mazda 626 Sedan, which he drove up to Washington from Florida after being drafted in the sixth round of the 2012 draft, as "The Bentley."

"I'm loyal to my car," he told Jalopnik a few years ago, explaining that he doesn't feel the need to show off his money with expensive cars and clothing. 'I didn't grow up with a lot. This helps me remember where I come from and where I'm going."

To WUSA-TV, he added, "I love my car, and that's what I'm going to drive. I'm a lot better off than I was but at the same time... I feel like it's a waste of money to go buy a new car if my car is running perfectly fine, you know? I just don't get that concept."

He explained to ESPN why he doesn't buy something expensive...

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...lfred-morris-makes-millions-drives-1991-mazda

team player with work ethic. I'm really starting to warm to this addition.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Tell that to Emmitt vs the gnats in the playoffs, he put his team on his back and carried them to a win that day. Tell that to ALL Day last year as he carried his team on his back to the playoffs.

Really? Defense had nothing to do with it? Special teams? Offensive lines? Quarterbacks? No player in NFL history has every won a game by himself. No player ever will. It's a team sport.

Aven8

Reaction score
Not a big fan of this. McFadden & Morris don't strike fear in any d coordinator. If we ignore runningback in favour of this lineup, we set Romo up for another injury plagued season full of third and long, shotgun snaps.

We don't need a committee, we need a lead horse. That is literally the only winning formula we've had under Garrett. Yet they run away from that formula

:hammer:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Would love for Morris to have big games against the Commanders while Matt Jones stinks it up. Could you imagine Gruden's face? You don't have to, here it is.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/jay-gruden-Commanders.jpg

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Our linemen are better at zone blocking, we switched to power a lot last year because that is what suits McFadden, we got better but zbs is where it's at. I predict Morris to end up with more playing time than McFadden.

Pretty much how I see it. I think Garrett wants McFadden in the change of pace role.

ringmaster

Reaction score
Oh yeah. I will be pissed if the Cowboys do not try and get better at RB in this year's draft. Time to get young and become a threat once again at the RB position.
I'm with you and even though they signed Morris, to a 2yr deal they can't go into this draft conveniently ignoring this position like they did last year and they can't also go into the season being confident they can rely on both McFadden, and Dunbar to last the whole season.

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
Cut your 1000 yard RB, and a low cost starter at that...no way...The only way this happens if they draft Elliot or Henry and DMC is injured in TC.

I don't believe they will go with the two back approach with veterans. I think they wanted a young back in the stable last year and will follow up on that this year by drafting one in the first 3-4 rounds to go with Morris. I am only guessing but it's my read on the Cowboys flawed or not that they weren't that thrilled with McFadden. They seemed preapred to add Murray again if they could which would have made McFadden very expendable. 1000 yard backs aren't really a big deal. I think Morris is a more attractive back with this offense and I think he has lots left in the tank seeing almost all their games being in DC and judging by the reaction of Washington fans that I respect.