Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
My verified brain:
Believe it when you see it!
651c75c56e232c752eb07974d6c555ec.gif

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
So just to refresh: What does everyone honestly think happened with the mind change to release him? Trade in the works? Just flat out lie to stir up interest?

I hope it's a trade in the works with a Monday deadline to better offer and be the lead story of the week all week.

Reality is I don't think they ever planned on releasing him right away and are hoping for an injury/panic mode from a desperate team between now and June 1 then release him after that.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
So just to refresh: What does everyone honestly think happened with the mind change to release him? Trade in the works? Just flat out lie to stir up interest?

I hope it's a trade in the works with a Monday deadline to better offer and be the lead story of the week all week.

Reality is I don't think they ever planned on releasing him right away and are hoping for an injury/panic mode from a desperate team between now and June 1 then release him after that.
That's just it ... where did you or any of us see or hear a confirmed statement from Jerry Jones or any Dallas Cowboy leader that Tony was being released ? If I'm not mistaken it was a Jason Laconfora statement that everyone ran with .. never once did the Cowboys acknowledge any truth to this ... in fact Jerry Jones himself said prior to all of this that there wasn't any rush to make a move on Romo

rambo2

Reaction score
That's just it ... where did you or any of us see or hear a confirmed statement from Jerry Jones or any Dallas Cowboy leader that Tony was being released ? If I'm not mistaken it was a Jason Laconfora statement that everyone ran with .. never once did the Cowboys acknowledge any truth to this ... in fact Jerry Jones himself said prior to all of this that there wasn't any rush to make a move on Romo
And then they say that Tony said farewell when he didn't. He just said that he would like to thank everyone for their support. The times are a changing could have meant that he wasn't being released.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
And then they say that Tony said farewell when he didn't. He just said that he would like to thank everyone for their support. The times are a changing could have meant that he wasn't being released.
Exactly

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
ESPN scroll saying Romo not expected to be traded and will still be released according to "sources". Wonder if they are same ones that said Houston and Denver were about to finalize trade offers lol

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
ESPN scroll saying Romo not expected to be traded and will still be released according to "sources". Wonder if they are same ones that said Houston and Denver were about to finalize trade offers lol
It must be true then ... I mean ESPN is reporting it and heck they even say those "SOURCES" told them ... has to be true
LOL

Cowboys22

Reaction score

It's very simple what happened. There was no interest in Romo so they were set to do right by him and release him. Then shortly before the opening of free agency, Jerry learned of the deal between Houston and Cleveland. To him that meant it was more likely that a market for Romo would develop if he gave it some time. Had Houston kept their deal under wraps for a few hours, Romo likely would have been released as Jerry promised him. I don't think there was any grand plan or deception. Just a simple reaction to the Houston-Cleveland trade.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
I also thought was very strangely worded.

Major upset meaning them doing what they said they would do lol. Media and fans are the only ones freaking out about this. Tony and Jerry probably not even thinking about it the last few days

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Again, the chances of us trading Romo after how JJ played this early on are slim to none...

Jerry didn't bluff, he checked. Bluffing would have been to come out and say Romo will be a Cowboy next year and he will neither be traded nor released.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In Houston for a few days and listening to sports talk radio. Romo is the main topic on all stations and most want him here bad. Even the callers are warming up to it, most are worried that they will be stuck with Cutler or Kaepernickel.

More public pressure just might lead to a solution sooner than later....I don't know.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
In Houston for a few days and listening to sports talk radio. Romo is the main topic on all stations and most want him here bad. Even the callers are warming up to it, most are worried that they will be stuck with Cutler or Kaepernickel.

More public pressure just might lead to a solution sooner than later....I don't know.

When you realize you could hoist a trophy by bringing in one guy...it does that to you lol

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
It's very simple what happened. There was no interest in Romo so they were set to do right by him and release him. Then shortly before the opening of free agency, Jerry learned of the deal between Houston and Cleveland. To him that meant it was more likely that a market for Romo would develop if he gave it some time. Had Houston kept their deal under wraps for a few hours, Romo likely would have been released as Jerry promised him. I don't think there was any grand plan or deception. Just a simple reaction to the Houston-Cleveland trade.
Cool story bro ... I'm glad you cleared that up for us ... so The cowboys front office has already confirmed this with you , right ? I mean they had to ? How else would you state so matter of fact that the Cowboys were releasing Tony but changed their mind? Wait are you just speculating and trying to pass it off as factual like so many before you have tried ?
Pretty fun synopsis none the less, even if it as factual as south Miami is getting 20 inches of snow tonight ...