Mortensen: Elliott Suspension Upheld **merged**

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Wait, I am confused..............I thought the NFL said he could play week one and now they are saying the 6 games is upheld?

So he cant play now?

Or can he play week one, but his suspension starts week 2-week 7?

This is some grade A bullchit!!!!

He can play Sunday but after that it's up in the air. Likely starts it week 2 unless injunction is approved

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Did you actually think HH will wipe out the 6-game suspension? The guy just said "no on .. don't throw this at me .. you go sort it out ..i don't want anything to do with this or ppl saying I am anti women"

He was never gonna put his name in the middle of this mess. so the only course for him is to upheld and let them sort it out

:cool:

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
See Tom Brady case and the Federal appeals decision which is now standing policy that Goodell by the CBA agreement with the NFLPA has the authority to suspend a player under the code of conduct policy

The facts of that case and the arguments being advanced are entirely different. Brady's case hinged upon notice, not fundamental fairness.

It's not as cut and dry as Brady's case is "precedent" so there's no avenue. And it was in the Second Circuit -- even if it were a binding decision for a case involving notice of potential punishment, it would NOT be binding on the Fifth Circuit in Texas.