Twitter: Mortensen: Jerry Jones infatuated with Pitts

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not they don't unless that are trying to hide whom they really like.

Well whatever.. You’d have to be pretty clueless to be on this forum and not know our selections in most years.

Like even last year we all knew the pick was Chaisson but the NFL was dumb enough to let Lamb slide to us so we had to make the pick.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well whatever.. You’d have to be pretty clueless to be on this forum and not know our selections in most years.

Like even last year we all knew the pick was Chaisson but the NFL was dumb enough to let Lamb slide to us so we had to make the pick.
What does knowing the pick have to do with it? Nothing. And anyway, the only pick I was certain of was Zeke. But I guess you knew before the draft they were going to pick Lamb, LVE, Charlton, Jones, Martin and Fred. I guess I'm clueless because I didn't.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What does knowing the pick have to do with it? Nothing. And anyway, the only pick I was certain of was Zeke. But I guess you knew before the draft they were going to pick Lamb, LVE, Charlton, Jones, Martin and Fred. I guess I'm clueless because I didn't.

Lamb no but that was because of availability.

LVE.. Yes.. We all knew it besides you I guess.

Charlton.. I can’t remember.

Trysten Hill.. Yes..

Byron Jones.. Yes..

Martin... No.. We knew they wanted Donald

Frederick.. No.. Caught everyone off guard.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would only consider Pitts if he fell in our lap like Lamb but trading up for him would be the dumbest thing I'd ever seen. So it is very possible with Smails and Spaulding at the helm. The only trade they should even consider is DOWN and for extra picks. There is no one worth trading up for on the Defensive side. A really good player regardless will drop to us if we sit and if we trade down there will still be a ton of the better Defensive guys available. We all know that our owners like to be different (dumb).

If he falls of course you consider. Trading up is as dumb as it gets.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Lamb no but that was because of availability.

LVE.. Yes.. We all knew it besides you I guess.

Charlton.. I can’t remember.

Trysten Hill.. Yes..

Byron Jones.. Yes..

Martin... No.. We knew they wanted Donald

Frederick.. No.. Caught everyone off guard.
I call BS ( and Hill was drafted in the 2nd round )

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Is infatuated the right word? I understand why Jerry would be impressed with Pitts and if he falls to 10 Jerry should want to pull the trigger on that pick but I hope the other adults in the drafting war room are wise enough to look at who else is still available. If someone like Sewell is still there too, I hope Jerry gets overruled on the pick. God forbid Jerry tries to reach up to get a TE. Let the talent fall to you at 10... it will be a "great need" player.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You can call BS all you want but it was pretty well reported that they had their eyes on Hill, Charlton, LVE, Jones before those drafts. So when those picks were made not many people were all that surprised. In the last decade the only real surprise was Frederick.
It was reported they had their eyes on many players, not just those. Come on man.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No.. Literally nobody needs to see you act like a child anymore.

We don’t need some guy running around the forum identifying who is a hater and who isn’t.

It’s so weird you would even think that.

Discuss football please and spare us the results of your daily hater hunting findings.
put him on ignore, and life is better, I did.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
Jerry sees all of those jersey sales and besides, defense is boring.

Liking the guy and giving up the farm to acquire him are two entirely different things. I can't see Dallas trading up for anyone.
Kyle Pitts would be a home run choice at 10. But he almost certainly won't be there at 10. He is unlikely to last past 6-7.

Clubs have begun to use higher choices on TEs. See Hockenson, for instance. Besides, Pitts isn't a traditional TE. He can split wide. He can play in the slot. He can play H. And yes, he can play Y. He is a matchup problem because a club can have 12 personnel on the field without tipping the opposition to make an appropriate substitution package.

Yes, Pitts could be a bust, as could every single player in the draft. But his potential as a weapon is profound.

All that said, I don't think you trade up for him or for any non-QB. The QB trades have set the market this year, and prices are steep.

Hang out at 10 and take a great player. But if Pitts somehow were there...

fivetwos

Reaction score
Gee are you going to send Kellen Winslow Jr a letter to the prison he's in telling how you stuck up for him? Non of those were great, some were good or OK but none of them great.
Maybe you ought to give my posts another read sir.

That's the opposite of what I said.

I didnt "stick up for him" by pointing out that he was a top 10 pick when you said there were none in history.

An apology might be considered classy.