Twitter: Mortensen: Jerry Jones infatuated with Pitts

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Jerry's team is the jersey sales champ and that's good enough for him.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Every year every team spits out a few names to local reporters to throw them a bone.

None of it means a thing.

Of course Jerry likes Pitts.

Not like he gave up some sleeper name they may have their eye on late.

Nothing wrong here and nothing to it.

JBS

Reaction score
It’s a reality. There is nothing to be positive about.. Have a look around at the lack of success.

They still can’t be real about how the way they operate gets us nowhere.
Your definition of success and their definition of success are not the same

Jerry gushes over being the most valuable franchise in the world

Setting world records for attendance during a global pandemic

Jerry is #1 in all the areas he wants to be #1 in

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That means they’re hoping Sewell falls

I'm hoping he does. That kid, he's as good a prospect as I've ever seen at LT. I watched a lot of him yesterday, just to see if what I thought I saw was what I actually saw. He's amazing, at 6'6 330 lbs and still growing into his body, I can't believe how well he moves, how he just gets it. And people have to remember that he has literally only played for two season at Oregon so he has less wear and tear on his body. I'd move up to get him if it were a spot or two, seriously. I think he's going to be that good.

I would not do that for Pitts. No how, no way.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
10 PAGES for this thread , sigh !

( Runs for cover .... ) LOL

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
lets make this final

tired of talking peach Pitts

THE ENTIRE LEAGUE AND FANS ARE INFATUATED WITH PITTS NOT NEW NEWS..NOT SMOKE..THE MOST OVERHYPE PLAYER OF THE 2021 DRAFT=PITTS..

going to be crazy if this guy is just good but never HOF Great you know like Dez had some nice years didnt last long enough to be considered HOF material..if Pitts can even come clos eto doing what dez did 3 straight years, ill be shocked..wake up..hype is hype .. Dez put up 75 tds in under 8 seasons and 3 years over 1200 yards each , lets see this dude live up to that let alone this hype and dez around here fans say he was overrate done trick pony, those 3 years say otherwise add his PR threat etc Man Pitts better be better then that

now he will have to live up to it and not just produce but he better be the best wr/TE in the league the next 10 years or its FAIL!
The kid is a phenom. I will be surprised if he doesn’t shake up the NFL. But that’s gonna take three years to find out. I’m not tradeing up for him but if he’s there I’m definitely taking him. This is not a Johnny Manziel choice. 25 TDs or he’s a failure. Doesn’t that depend how a team uses him. But I’m with you I’d rather go defense. I’ll take pics if he’s there but I won’t kick myself in the butt if I don’t get him . I wanna corner back or a linebacker

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
100% smoke and now I’m sure we aren’t drafting him.

btw, if this rumor is true how are those meaningless wins treating you right now Jerry? Did the players get some kind of confidence boost headed into next season because of them? Lol
I don’t care if we draft him or not. But I do care if we pass on him if he’s available. Me I’m taking a Cornerback or a linebacker

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Every cornerback we’ve taken in the first round hasn’t Survived here. In fact the matter who we take obviously there’s no set in stone they’ll be a superstar. So for people to say pits is it great or is overrated. Is that is ridiculous of a statement as to say the opposite. You just don’t know until you get it

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well whatever.. You’d have to be pretty clueless to be on this forum and not know our selections in most years.

Like even last year we all knew the pick was Chaisson but the NFL was dumb enough to let Lamb slide to us so we had to make the pick.

What about thinking that Dalton would do better than Dak? Would you have to be clueless to think that?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well whatever.. You’d have to be pretty clueless to be on this forum and not know our selections in most years.

Like even last year we all knew the pick was Chaisson but the NFL was dumb enough to let Lamb slide to us so we had to make the pick.

ONLY in your backwards world is GETTING IT WRONG considered "GETTING IT RIGHT.

So you knew the pick was Chaisson, but it wasnt? I got news for you.............thats "not knowing" anywhere you go.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What about thinking that Dalton would do better than Dak? Would you have to be clueless to think that?

Me being right about Dalton getting Dak like results was the only positive that came from those W's.

I wanted to lose to try and draft Trevor Lawrence.. I could care less about the mediocre QB's like Dak and Dalton winning a game here and there.

Keep Strawmanning though. That's all you got.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Me being right about Dalton getting Dak like results was the only positive that came from those W's.

I wanted to lose to try and draft Trevor Lawrence.. I could care less about the mediocre QB's like Dak and Dalton winning a game here and there.

LOL..........EVERYONE knows you got it all wrong with Dalton. No sense LYING about it. No one will buy it and I will never let anyone forget it.

"Dalton efficiency" Remember that one? Yah, you nailed it!!!

"Dalton will take us to the playoffs" Another laughable claim.

You were rooting head over heals for your boy Dalton to win games and take us to the playoffs so you could tell us all you told us so.

Dak like results?

Dak averaged 37 points a game...........Dalton 21. You call that similar?

Dak 13-3, 9-7, 11-5, 8-8. Cowboys have NEVER had a losing season under Dak. Dalton had a losing record.

Anymore lies you want me to expose? Do you really want me to go back and repost all your laughable claims? Keep lying about it and Ill be more than happy to do it again.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL..........EVERYONE knows you got it all wrong with Dalton. No sense LYING about it. No one will buy it and I will never let anyone forget it.

"Dalton efficiency" Remember that one? Yah, you nailed it!!!

"Dalton will take us to the playoffs" Another laughable claim.

You were rooting head over heals for your boy Dalton to win games and take us to the playoffs so you could tell us all you told us so.

Dak like results?

Dak averaged 37 points a game...........Dalton 21. You call that similar?

Dak 13-3, 9-7, 11-5, 8-8. Cowboys have NEVER had a losing season under Dak. Dalton had a losing record.

Anymore lies you want me to expose? Do you really want me to go back and repost all your laughable claims? Keep lying about it and Ill be more than happy to do it again.

Well you can say I was wrong about Dalton all you want but he and Dak had similar win rates this year soooo shut your mouth..

Then you just go on a strawmann spree saying I said things I didn't say.

Nobody but a fantasy football nerd should give 2 craps about Dak's empty calorie stats. Learn football please.

Just don't quote me dude. You have no clue what I said.

You're like Tim Taylor when Wilson told him a story and he tried to repeat it back to Jill. Your brain don't work that way bro so just stop putting all that strain on it or it's going to overheat.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well you can say I was wrong about Dalton all you want but he and Dak had similar win rates this year soooo shut your mouth..

Then you just go on a strawmann spree saying I said things I didn't say.

Nobody but a fantasy football nerd should give 2 craps about Dak's empty calorie stats. Learn football please.

Just don't quote me dude. You have no clue what I said.

You're like Tim Taylor when Wilson told him a story and he tried to repeat it back to Jill. Your brain don't work that way bro so just stop putting all that strain on it or it's going to overheat.
You should quit saying Dalton is as good as Dak. You look bad enough already so why double down on that stupidity?

blueblood70

Reaction score
The kid is a phenom. I will be surprised if he doesn’t shake up the NFL. But that’s gonna take three years to find out. I’m not tradeing up for him but if he’s there I’m definitely taking him. This is not a Johnny Manziel choice. 25 TDs or he’s a failure. Doesn’t that depend how a team uses him. But I’m with you I’d rather go defense. I’ll take pics if he’s there but I won’t kick myself in the butt if I don’t get him . I wanna corner back or a linebacker

nope hype train dictates he best be great day one hes not qb they say most talented and nfl ready..that means no matter what he best dominate especially if hes taken top 5 and is traded up for..

sorry phenom

how about Potential phenom, possible phenom, has good shot at phenom..?? saying hes flat out destined for greatness is an issue weve seen it before..

thats my point sailed right over your head, if hes top 5 lock and called phenom he best come out this year and have 1400 yards and 25 tds anything less is just another great nfl player..

if he falls to 10 fr us to pick hes not a potential phenom..i mean come on he should go #1 overall..dudes the best we have ever witnessed they say

smh oh wait not snap in the nfl.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
If he falls to us sure I’d say draft him. But nah, I wouldn’t move up.