Mosher: Cowboys' $23M cap (Parsons, Tyler, and Ferguson)

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas has committed to overpaying their drafted talent because AI says it’s the safest financial strategy. Free agency is too risky in their estimation.
AI lol i'm done and logging off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Aven8

Reaction score
Davante would cost ~$10m for the rest of this year (depending on when a trade happens) and has no guarantees after this season so they can convert his base to guarantees and drop the cap hit to next to nothing. His cap hit isn't prohibitive of anything.
It’s the pick/picks for me

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Davante would cost ~$10m for the rest of this year (depending on when a trade happens) and has no guarantees after this season so they can convert his base to guarantees and drop the cap hit to next to nothing. His cap hit isn't prohibitive of anything.
Money’s not the issue in this situation. Giving up high draft capital is.

conner01

Reaction score
His base is ~$35m each year, but Dallas doesn't acquire the prorated signing bonus cap hit.

They can convert as much of that to guarantees as they want, and drop the cap hit. It's what the Browns did with Amari this year.
That requires an extension and just pushes the cost out. He’s only got 2 years left after this year so you’d extend him a couple years. But the bill still comes due and he’s 34 next year. If we want to add a stud WR just sign one in FA. Adams is really good but he’s not gonna save our season. He’s not gonna make this team dramatically better. We need a lot of things abd since we don’t use FA then high picks become much more valuable

conner01

Reaction score
He'll never play on those numbers. From a team perspective and a player perspective. Any team that trades for him will rework a deal for 25+. Drop the base cap hits and he can get some guaranteed money.
I think the Raiders never were going to play him on the current contract in 25+. Restructure/cut/traded. And with the Raiders with no QB, and Adams at 32 years old, he's getting moved IMO.
I’m sure someone will and they can extend him and lower the cap hit. But that just pushes out the bill, it doesn’t chsnge the cost. The real question is does adams make this team as good as last years team? I would say no, and last years team wasn’t good enough. He makes us better but not good enough. We need to be adding picks to build rather than trading picks just to be competitive. If a SB is the goal then we need a lot more than a WR and to get that on a team that doesn’t believe in FA you need more picks. We need to be sellers not buyers. We need to be moving guys we aren’t gonna extend rather than just letting them play out and leave. One example to me is bland. I don’t see how we can have two top paid CB with the others we have. Trading him before he’s a FA gets you a nice pick going into a draft that appears deep at CB

dstew60105

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Dallas will offer Ferg roughly the same deal they offered Schultz. Mid level TE contract. If he doesn't want it, then they got Schoon as a next year fallback.
Almost every long term big deal the Cowboys, and most teams do consist of a minimum base salary(based off # of years but say 1.2mil)+signing bonus proration.

The cap hits in 2025 even if they re-sign Parsons and Smith will be artificially low. They have a 90mil cap hit for Prescott that will.could be restructured. Since his base is 45mil, that's a lot of cap savings in the amount of ~36mil.
CDL also has a high base that can be restructured. They do not need that 23mil to re-sign and be under the cap alone.
That would be a mistake. Ferg is a dog.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
It’s hilarious these lackeys continue to use the crutch that we need to pay the next guys up. Heads up we’re doing that now and we are mediocre at best. What’s the definition of insanity again?