Mosher: Cowboys' $23M cap (Parsons, Tyler, and Ferguson)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
WHere is mountain and what did you do with him!!!!??? Funny how (ranch dressing) can see my posts, but I can't see his, what a great world!!!!
If you can't see his posts, Ranching, then how do you know he posted?

Busted!

CWR

Reaction score
Hell use Micah as a trade piece to move UP in the draft in the first round , swap picks with someone
That's a gross misevaluation of assets. Hes worth a hell of a lot more than a pick swap.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hell use Micah as a trade piece to move UP in the draft in the first round , swap picks with someone
I truly wish to toss the anchor out here on this comment.

So trade a guy you know is a top tier player, to move up in the draft, which is a crap shoot at every draft slot. All because you wish to horde the monopoly money, and maybe they can make a selection which does what?

They would not draft a QB, which is the prevalent thought on this site. So what position would they use this draft capital for? How is trading Parsons for another player going to improve the team?

And what makes anyone on this site believe they can make that swap, and come out on the winning end and not give up to much because of their constant desperation?

Please enlighten me about what position would elevate this team when you are removing the best player on defense?

I have said this so many times I can't count. The Madden video games ruined the fans and their expectations and opinions. Somehow it causes people to believe they have the intellectual horsepower to be a GM in this league. Or a defensive or offensive coordinator.

Jerry Jones should squash any idea of a neophyte stepping in to the big chair of a GM and do anything but create a thirty year drought in play-off success.

exciter

Reaction score
His base the next 2 years is around 70 mil and a second for a one year rental is crazy
Not to mention his dead cap hit would be close to 40m for the Raiders. It’s probably gonna take quite a bit more draft capital than a 2nd!

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I think Dallas will offer Ferg roughly the same deal they offered Schultz. Mid level TE contract. If he doesn't want it, then they got Schoon as a next year fallback.
Almost every long term big deal the Cowboys, and most teams do consist of a minimum base salary(based off # of years but say 1.2mil)+signing bonus proration.

The cap hits in 2025 even if they re-sign Parsons and Smith will be artificially low. They have a 90mil cap hit for Prescott that will.could be restructured. Since his base is 45mil, that's a lot of cap savings in the amount of ~36mil.
CDL also has a high base that can be restructured. They do not need that 23mil to re-sign and be under the cap alone.
If they do that to Ferguson then he’s gone because he’ll get attention on the marke. Hes better than Schultz already.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The entire conversation is stupid. There is no need to roll that money over to sign those players. The CAP increase will, once again, be huge. I agree with the original message, “It is malpractice” by Jerry and Son. Lamb and Dak would have signed the contracts they signed back in the summer or even at the end of last season. That 23 million should have been used to sign a RB, DL help, and maybe a WR. That would have been “all in.”

Im convinced that Jerry drug his feet on resigning Dak and Lamb so he wouldn’t be pressured to sign the players we all knew we needed. He has hamstrung both the defense and the offense instead of building a serious contender. It’s not a “we don’t have CAP room issue.” It’s a “We like staying below the CAP and increasing our profits” issue.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Davante would cost ~$10m for the rest of this year (depending on when a trade happens) and has no guarantees after this season so they can convert his base to guarantees and drop the cap hit to next to nothing. His cap hit isn't prohibitive of anything.
Davante does not fix our Defense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, they can. All you do is convert base to guarantees and the cap hit is negligible.

It is what the Browns did with Amari this year.
It’s not a magic wand. Eventually that bill comes due. And they already have enough deferred payments and coming contracts.

If they couldn't afford Derrick Henry, they certainly can’t afford Adams.