Twitter: Most 40+ yards passing TDs in 2019

Texas2Step41

Reaction score
Can't wait to see how the Prescott haters spin this.
These mostly came against below .500 teams and when they were way behind and teams were playing conservative prevent defense
lelbron.jpg

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
These mostly came against below .500 teams and when they were way behind and teams were playing conservative prevent defense

Here's the problems with your argument. When teams are in their prevent defense they are willing to give up the short passes and are keyed into playing back to protect against the deep balls like 40+ yarders.. Second it doesn't matter when he did it with 3 of those 40 yarders came in the 1st half of games. It still disproves those that say that Prescott can only do dink and dunk passes.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

But...but...but Dak just dinks-n-dunks.

But...but...but Dak can't read Defenses.

But...but...but Dak is not a good passing QB.

:D

:popcorn:

Is this air yards or 40+ yard plays? Cooper can and has taken a 20 yard pass another 40+ yards by making a guy or 2 miss. not sure if we know how well Dak reads defenses since he doesn't change the play based on defenses according to him he just runs whatever is called (except that 1 time cooper begged him to make a change).

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Here's the problems with your argument. When teams are in their prevent defense they are willing to give up the short passes and are keyed into playing back to protect against the deep balls like 40+ yarders.. Second it doesn't matter when he did it with 3 of those 40 yarders came in the 1st half of games. It still disproves those that say that Prescott can only do dink and dunk passes.
I haven’t seen critics says he can only do dunk and dunk. It’s just that’s the strength of his passing ability and percentage.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak’s not a bad QB. He’s also not the best.

He’s in a soup of pretty good QBs in the top 3rd of the league.
I think that’s fair . Top 10-15 in passing ability.

He’s a better QB overall than a great prolific passer.

This is just another trolling attempt to use a stat to promote their crush.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

But...but...but Dak just dinks-n-dunks.

But...but...but Dak can't read Defenses.

But...but...but Dak is not a good passing QB.

:D

:popcorn:

Dak constantly has 3 and outs.

It's easier to pass when the other team has a 17 point lead going into the 4th QT and playing prevent defense to milk the clock.

That is real and not imaginary.

Yes the defense has seriously affected this being behind.

But this team plays with no urgency. None whatso ever.

Dak can't buy a point if his life depended on it.

Instead of these stats..

show me how many 1st and 10s from inside the 20 we had. Then show me how many TDs and how many FGs. Then show me the team records of those teams.

Bet we are below the .500 mark in rank there.

There is a clue to Dak and why and how he needs to be paid.

Not passes over 40+ yds.

Even if that stat meant something..how much is it worth?

$5 mil?

$10 mil?

Per year?

Per contract?

I'm listening.

:muttley:

Last edited:

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score

Kinda how I see it

There are better passers that are worse QBs. But there probably aren’t worse passers that are better QBs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Is this air yards or 40+ yard plays? Cooper can and has taken a 20 yard pass another 40+ yards by making a guy or 2 miss. not sure if we know how well Dak reads defenses since he doesn't change the play based on defenses according to him he just runs whatever is called (except that 1 time cooper begged him to make a change).
Lots of videos on YouTube. You should ask the same questions of Patrick Mahomes and other top 10 QBs. I bet their answers are very similar.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Moving the goal posts much, Greg? I guess passing for almost 5k yards, 30 TDs, with a 66% completions percentage and a passer rating of 99.7, even though the Cowboys led the league in dropped passes, doesn't qualify Dak as a great passer?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Stop saying teams went into prevent defense and that's why Dak got yards and TDs. For example, go back and watch the GB game last year...... tons of you kept saying GB had such a big lead they played prevent. It's so far from the truth, GB kept blitzing and playing tough defense and on offense was throwing the ball...... not running the ball and wasting up clock. That's not garage time, that's not playing soft and it's not even close to being prevent.