Twitter: Most 40+ yards passing TDs in 2019

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dak constantly has 3 and outs.

It's easier to pass when the other team has a 17 point lead going into the 4th QT and playing prevent defense to milk the clock.

That is real and not imaginary.

Yes the defense has seriously affected this being behind.

But this team plays with no urgency. None whatso ever.

Dak can't buy a point if his life depended on it.

Instead of these stats..

show me how many 1st and 10s from inside the 20 we had. Then show me how many TDs and how many FGs. Then show me the team records of those teams.

Bet we are below the .500 mark in rank there.

There is a clue to Dak and why and how he needs to be paid.

Not passes over 40+ yds.

Even if that stat meant something..how much is it worth?

$5 mil?

$10 mil?

Per year?

Per contract?

I'm listening.

:muttley:
It's very easy to answer your question. How many times did Garrett play for the FG instead of going for a TD. It didn't start with Dak. Romo, Weeden, Cassel, Sanchez, Moore all had those drives....... that's what Garrett likes.

Plus a article came out with Gilmore taking about the Dallas game and when he made the pick. He said he followed Cooper and knew Dallas was going to run the same route, cause that's what they do, and waited for Cooper to go inside and he jumped the route.

Not saying Dak doesn't have flaws, but its extremely difficult to throw when the other team knows all your plays cause the HC runs it over and over........Dak had almost 5k yards with 30 passing TDs with teams knowing what route and play was happening. That's actually impressive, imagine what the team can do with a creative coach that doesn't run the same crap all game, every game

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It's very easy to answer your question. How many times did Garrett play for the FG instead of going for a TD. It didn't start with Dak. Romo, Weeden, Cassel, Sanchez, Moore all had those drives....... that's what Garrett likes.

Plus a article came out with Gilmore taking about the Dallas game and when he made the pick. He said he followed Cooper and knew Dallas was going to run the same route, cause that's what they do, and waited for Cooper to go inside and he jumped the route.

Not saying Dak doesn't have flaws, but its extremely difficult to throw when the other team knows all your plays cause the HC runs it over and over........Dak had almost 5k yards with 30 passing TDs with teams knowing what route and play was happening. That's actually impressive, imagine what the team can do with a creative coach that doesn't run the same crap all game, every game
Can't answer your last question there.

It's been so long since a Garrett disciple has not run the offense.

Oh wait..Kellen Moore is the OC.

Big Mike says he will be calling the offense.. not Big Mike.

So you still have Garrett involved...just not in house.

Until we get off to a rough start which we will with no mini camps or practices..

Moore will be under alot of pressure. At some point McCarthy will take back the offensive playcalling and reduce Moore's input

The very fact Big Mike renigged on being the playcaller to me was a huge mistake.

We need a complete break from the Linehan Moore leadership which has lowered us over the last 4 years to now 8-8.

Big Mike was paid to run the team, be responsible for developing Dak and to win by whatever means.

He has a 5 year deal but he does not have 5 years to turn this around.

2-3 at the most.

Wake up, McCarthy.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Can't answer your last question there.

It's been so long since a Garrett disciple has not run the offense.

Oh wait..Kellen Moore is the OC.

Big Mike says he will be calling the offense.. not Big Mike.

So you still have Garrett involved...just not in house.

Until we get off to a rough start which we will with no mini camps or practices..

Moore will be under alot of pressure. At some point McCarthy will take back the offensive playcalling and reduce Moore's input

The very fact Big Mike renigged on being the playcaller to me was a huge mistake.

We need a complete break from the Linehan Moore leadership which has lowered us over the last 4 years to now 8-8.

Big Mike was paid to run the team, be responsible for developing Dak and to win by whatever means.

He has a 5 year deal but he does not have 5 years to turn this around.

2-3 at the most.

Wake up, McCarthy.
I agree with your statement about McCarthy calling plays, however, it doesn't matter who the OC is because it's Garrett's playbook and you could clearly see plays were being called the way Garrett wanted.

As far as McCarthy goes, he had already said..... and reports...... that he is already put different wrinkles in and adding in new plays. He will scheme against each opponent separately and not the Garrett scheme of running the same thing regardless of opponent.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I agree with your statement about McCarthy calling plays, however, it doesn't matter who the OC is because it's Garrett's playbook and you could clearly see plays were being called the way Garrett wanted.

As far as McCarthy goes, he had already said..... and reports...... that he is already put different wrinkles in and adding in new plays. He will scheme against each opponent separately and not the Garrett scheme of running the same thing regardless of opponent.
We will see on all that.

As fans we get alot of fuzzy logic from the top.

Like..

We are going to run more 2 TE sets..

never happened.

We are going to spell Zeke more to keep him fresher at the end of the season.

Barely happened in 2019.

We all hope it's TRUE we can believe what we are being told.

But things change.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
We will see on all that.

As fans we get alot of fuzzy logic from the top.

Like..

We are going to run more 2 TE sets..

never happened.

We are going to spell Zeke more to keep him fresher at the end of the season.

Barely happened in 2019.

We all hope it's TRUE we can believe what we are being told.

But things change.
Can't argue with you there, however, I will bring up the fact that those things happened in the Garrett administration. McCarthy is a real HC that has a history of being successful, including in the playoffs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Moving the goal posts much, Greg? I guess passing for almost 5k yards, 30 TDs, with a 66% completions percentage and a passer rating of 99.7, even though the Cowboys led the league in dropped passes, doesn't qualify Dak as a great passer?
Not a prolific passer. No, I wouldn’t put him in that upper echelon. His stats or winning percentage against the Elite and winning teams isn’t as impressive.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Mahommes was the difference in winning A Super Bowl. They call it MVP. Lol

When Dak becomes the difference playing for and winning championships then we’ll elevate him to a higher echelon.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Can't argue with you there, however, I will bring up the fact that those things happened in the Garrett administration. McCarthy is a real HC that has a history of being successful, including in the playoffs.
Yes , but with a HOF qb. And once he didn’t make it to playoffs with him was booted.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I haven’t seen critics says he can only do dunk and dunk. It’s just that’s the strength of his passing ability and percentage.

Nobody said critics say that, it's the Prescott haters here that say that and that argument that doesn't hold up. For most of the last season Prescott led the league in completion percentage of pass 20+ yards and 40+ yards. Almost all QB's are accurate on the dink and dunk passes so just because Prescott is also good at those does not make him a dink and dunk passer only. Also instead of forcing the ball into a covered receiver downfield he chose to play it safer and hit the shorter receiver.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Mahommes was the difference in winning A Super Bowl. They call it MVP. Lol

When Dak becomes the difference playing for and winning championships then we’ll elevate him to a higher echelon.
Uhh Mahomes was struggling in that Super Bowl game....his TEAM and coach helped him out. That's usually how you win a Super Bowl....a TEAM.

starfan1

Reaction score
To the OP I am pretty much in agreement we can win with Dak he deserves to get paid but you do realize that as bad as the pappydogs, superk and williebeamens of the world are in terms of hate threads this constant trolling from the pro Dak side isn’t much better .

just sayin

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Uhh Mahomes was struggling in that Super Bowl game....his TEAM and coach helped him out. That's usually how you win a Super Bowl....a TEAM.

He sure didn't struggle in crunch time, when he had to make play after play to bring his team back for the win. His defense did their part but Mahomes orchestrated the kind of multiple - 4th quarter - come from behind drives that most quarterbacks can't/don't.

khiladi

Reaction score
If Dallas led the league in WR dropped passes, Dak was second only to Winston in dropped INTs by DBs at 17..

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Dak constantly has 3 and outs.

It's easier to pass when the other team has a 17 point lead going into the 4th QT and playing prevent defense to milk the clock.

That is real and not imaginary.

Yes the defense has seriously affected this being behind.

But this team plays with no urgency. None whatso ever.

Dak can't buy a point if his life depended on it.

Instead of these stats..

show me how many 1st and 10s from inside the 20 we had. Then show me how many TDs and how many FGs. Then show me the team records of those teams.

Bet we are below the .500 mark in rank there.

There is a clue to Dak and why and how he needs to be paid.

Not passes over 40+ yds.

Even if that stat meant something..how much is it worth?

$5 mil?

$10 mil?

Per year?

Per contract?

I'm listening.

:muttley:
He was 16th in pass attempts in "garbage time". So he didn't get a bulk of his stats in garbage time.

Our offense had the 3rd worst starting field position in the league. Given to us by our lovely defense and special teams.

The offense was 2nd in yards per drive.
4th in points per drive
5th in the amount of plays per drive
3rd in drive success rate which kills your 3 and out theory
DSR represents Drive Success Rate, as introduced in Pro Football Prospectus 2005, which measures the percentage of down series that result in a first down or touchdown. Take-a-knee drives at the end of a half are discarded.

These are all facts and can be found https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/overall-drive-stats/2019

Everything you stated was a fallacy and is based emotion. You probably won't respond to this but maybe someone will read this and the info will actually sink in.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Our fans claimed we had too many 3 & outs every year except 2014 and 2016. And they were wrong regardless of who the QB has been. We’ve consistently been very good at not going 3 & out.
You have to understand they don't actually watch other football teams. They don't know what actual bad qb play looks like. Especially because our defense has been so bad. every qb, even bad ones look like the next joe montana

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If Dallas led the league in WR dropped passes, Dak was second only to Winston in dropped INTs by DBs at 17..
Interesting. Where do you find this stat and how far back can we go to see dropped INTs? Wouldn’t mind seeing how our QBs have performed in this stat over the years in comparison to the other QBs.

khiladi

Reaction score
The difference is Mahomes is throwing them against zone and cover 2, while Dak is seeing man coverage outside all day. It took him four years to realize Gallup and Cooper just had a DB with no safety help over the top to beat on the outside.