Twitter: Most 450 yard passing games in NFL history (playoffs included)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You can trot our whatever cherry picked BUSHIRT ya want.

Brady played a preseason game. So Tell me again how fqt up that idea is. ....

The GOAT that had surger....and Super Bowl champs ...played their starting QB.

EAT SHEET SUCKA!

And you are a straight up COWARD FRAUD.

You never did post me "hating" dak. You said you ":couldn't be bothered" to back up your asinine BS accusations.

Bye by girlie girl!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You can trot our whatever cherry picked BUSHIRT ya want.

Brady played a preseason game. So Tell me again how fqt up that idea is. ....

The GOAT that had surger....and Super Bowl champs ...played their starting QB.

EAT SHEET SUCKA!

And you are a straight up COWARD FRAUD.

You never did post me "hating" dak. You said you ":couldn't be bothered" to back up your asinine BS accusations.

Bye by girlie girl!
:muttley:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Daniel Jones can be removed since the Giants already said he was going to play this weekend.

Also, How many of those guys haven't taken a snap of meaningful football in 11 months?

Define meaningful...some may not have ever taken a meaningful snap...

GP you have to invite this pepper to the web cam .....he needs an invite.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Snicker indeed...coward.

You can't even back up your words on a message board.....the ULTIMATE coward. And you don't even admit you are too lazy..or flat out wrong....you made a mistake.

How does anyone trust you?

Internet tough guy with personal issues that is able to get away with breaking CLEAR rules on the internet message board thinking he's all that. Posting a snickering emoji OH my GAWD I'm SCARED!

You poor SOB.

(I do admit....I might be breaking some rules here myself. But at least...I can admit it and I will suffer what ever consequences ensue. )

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Snicker indeed...coward.

You can't even back up your words on a message board.....the ULTIMATE coward. And you don't even admit you are too lazy..or flat out wrong....you made a mistake.

How does anyone trust you?

Internet tough guy with personal issues that is able to get away with breaking CLEAR rules on the internet message board thinking he's all that. Posting a snickering emoji OH my GAWD I'm SCARED!

You poor SOB.

(I do admit....I might be breaking some rules here myself. But at least...I can admit it and I will suffer what ever consequences ensue. )
:laugh::facepalm:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just as I said.....

Pathetic.

I know...you think you are all tough and can beat me up. You've already threatened everybody. Why do it again here, right? Just post some silly smilies and by GOD people will be afraid of you!

I once knew a guy who worked in a HUGE foundry. It was a big union, so people got transferred around. My plant was a small Ohio town....I worked way back in the dirty part.....a dude from New York got transferred to us. BIG fqer!.......the only guy ever came at me. I mitigated the situation...this was a psychopath BIG MFER! Yep...I backed down and let him have his day.

He got transferred back to NY. Months later we learned he got sliced and diced. Because of his big mouth and bravado.

Big Bad Leroy Brown got deep sixed.

His lesson...learned by me. There's always someone bigger and badder. Even if you ARE military.

De-escalate. Is the bigger person's option. Even *if* you think you CAN beat them up. You never know.

plasticman

Reaction score
Quarterbacks are 52-43-3 when passing for over 450 yards including playoffs.

Dak is the only one in the top 6 not to be considered a HOFer or future HOFer at this time.

Other Cowboy QB's to have passed for over 450 yards in at least one game is Troy Aikman, Don Meredith, and Tony Romo.

The earlier in NFL history this has been accomplished, the more impressive. That's because there were far fewer rules that protected QB's from injury and no rules that opened up the passing game by limiting the defense..

The first to accomplish 450 passing yards in the NFL was Norm Van Brocklin in 1951, the 2nd was George Blanda in 1961, the 3rd was Y.A. Tittle in 1962. All three won. All three are in the hall of Fame.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Dak is the only one in the top 6 not to be considered a HOFer or future HOFer at this time.

Other Cowboy QB's to have passed for over 450 yards in at least one game is Troy Aikman, Don Meredith, and Tony Romo.

The earlier in NFL history this has been accomplished, the more impressive. That's because there were far fewer rules that protected QB's from injury and no rules that opened up the passing game by limiting the defense..

The first to accomplish 450 passing yards in the NFL was Norm Van Brocklin in 1951, the 2nd was George Blanda in 1961, the 3rd was Y.A. Tittle in 1962. All three won. All three are in the hall of Fame.

Good facts plastic...that 1951 game had to trip people out I bet, it was unheard of at that time.....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Just as I said.....

Pathetic.

I know...you think you are all tough and can beat me up. You've already threatened everybody. Why do it again here, right? Just post some silly smilies and by GOD people will be afraid of you!

I once knew a guy who worked in a HUGE foundry. It was a big union, so people got transferred around. My plant was a small Ohio town....I worked way back in the dirty part.....a dude from New York got transferred to us. BIG fqer!.......the only guy ever came at me. I mitigated the situation...this was a psychopath BIG MFER! Yep...I backed down and let him have his day.

He got transferred back to NY. Months later we learned he got sliced and diced. Because of his big mouth and bravado.

Big Bad Leroy Brown got deep sixed.

His lesson...learned by me. There's always someone bigger and badder. Even if you ARE military.

De-escalate. Is the bigger person's option. Even *if* you think you CAN beat them up. You never know.
:muttley:

plasticman

Reaction score
The game in which Troy Aikman threw for over 450 yards and the Cowboys lost?

it was against the Vikings in 1998......Randy Moss's coming out party.

Troy threw for 460 yards but just one TD whereas Randal Cunningham threw for 359 yards and 4 TD's.

Randy Moss had three receptions for 163 yards....all TD's.

plasticman

Reaction score
In the first game of the 1951 season, Norm Van Brocklin, Rams QB, threw for 554 yards. He threw five TD's, four of them to HOFer Elroy Hircsh.

The Rams beat the New York "Yanks" 54-14 despite the Rams having 5 turnovers and the Yanks 0. This was most likely due to the disparity in yardage, 735-156.

Another QB wouldn't throw for over 450 yards until ten years later.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The game in which Troy Aikman threw for over 450 yards and the Cowboys lost?

it was against the Vikings in 1998......Randy Moss's coming out party.

Troy threw for 460 yards but just one TD whereas Randal Cunningham threw for 359 yards and 4 TD's.

Randy Moss had three receptions for 163 yards....all TD's.

Yup we could not cover him...it was Moss doing what he said he would do for sure..Troy played a hell of a game...

pansophy

Reaction score
I wonder what the overall combined W/L record is for QBs that threw for 400 yards in a game?

It can't be above .500.

The Cowboys are 2-3 in games where Dak threw for 450 yards.
I have to wonder if that is true for most of these 400+ yard games. You generally don't game plan for that kind of outing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Right… like all passing marks we are seeing this era it reflects the pass-happy era we are in.

But there’s nothing wrong with providing stats which support Dak isn’t the dud some critics appear determined to prove.

Cowboy history has always equated winning with greatness but this era we have seen more personal accomplishments not equated with team success.

Whether it’s HOF careers like Witten and probably Ware unfortunately not on great or Championship teams. Or rushing titles not on championship teams. These personal accomplishments aren’t tainted by being on a less than great or Championship team. In fact they support these players aren’t part of the problem .

NFL history has always recognized great talent not on great teams with personal awards. They are a source of pride for fans in the absence of team success. Fans that can’t appreciate these personal achievements without the teams success aren’t desirable fans.

Can you imagine Cowboy fans who didn’t appreciate Herschel leading the league in rushing in our 3-13 team. Or how about Lion fans who didn’t appreciate Sanders HOF career in Detroit.

This notion we can’t be proud and tout our accomplished players in the midst of a poor era in Cowboys football is the most disgusting factor I’ve seen discussed in my 14 years on these forums .

ondaedg

Reaction score
That's a nice stat and all but i wish the team was more balanced. Attack teams when they have a weakness. If they are weak against the run, Zeke and Pollard should have a long day at work. If teams weakness is the pass, Dak better ice his shoulder.

The latissimus dorsi (/ləˈtɪsɪməs ˈdɔːrsaɪ/) is a large, flat muscle on the back that stretches to the sides, behind the arm, and is partly covered by the trapezius on the back near the midline. The word latissimus dorsi (plural: latissimi dorsi) comes from Latin and means "broadest [muscle] of the back", from "latissimus" (Latin: broadest)' and "dorsum" (Latin: back). The pair of muscles are commonly known as "lats", especially among bodybuilders. The latissimus dorsi is the largest muscle in the upper body.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latissimus_dorsi_muscle

ondaedg

Reaction score
If we're winning games nobody is going to say anything about Dak's numbers. If they do, who cares? They're not Cowboys fans at that point. Because winning is all that matters.

BS. Performing is all that matters. Dak or any QB isn’t the sole decider of wins or losses. Just ask Dan Marino, Dan Fouts or any of those hall of famers who couldn’t overcome awful defenses to win a super bowl.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I'd much rather see Dak go 24/30, 250, 2 TD, 0 INT every game and we win consistently. It would mean we have a good defense and there is no need to wing the ball all over the field.

You nailed it when you said “It would mean we have a good defense”.

Can’t think of a single qb who won a super bowl throwing for 250yds without an elite defense.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
BS. Performing is all that matters. Dak or any QB isn’t the sole decider of wins or losses. Just ask Dan Marino, Dan Fouts or any of those hall of famers who couldn’t overcome awful defenses to win a super bowl.
Winning is all that matters. Winning is all that will ever matter. I don't care how you perform as long as we win the game.

I didn't say any one player is the sole decider of anything, so I am not sure where you got that from.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Winning is all that matters. Winning is all that will ever matter. I don't care how you perform as long as we win the game.

I didn't say any one player is the sole decider of anything, so I am not sure where you got that from.

So you’re saying Dak’s performance can be bad but as long as we win it’s ok? Most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Name ONE employer who would tolerate a poor performing employee just because they’re still hitting their profit goals. :popcorn:

Hint: there aren’t any. This is clearly an attempt to rig the way you judge Dak. You know darn well he has and will perform at a high level so you make team stats such as wins how you judge him. Laughable and lame.

Last edited: