Twitter: Most 450 yard passing games in NFL history (playoffs included)

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So you’re saying Dak’s performance can be bad but as long as we win it’s ok? Most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Name ONE employer who would tolerate a poor performing employee just because they’re still hitting their profit goals. :popcorn:

Hint: there aren’t any.
Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. Why would I care about anybody's performances as long as we win games?

Are you implying that you care more about how Dak performs than if the team is winning games or not?

stiletto

Reaction score
You nailed it when you said “It would mean we have a good defense”.

Can’t think of a single qb who won a super bowl throwing for 250yds without an elite defense.

Yeah I don't really care how we win but a good/great defense will make it easier on the Offense even if your Offense is elite. I know sometimes you have to throw a lot but if your QB has to throw for 450-500 yards every week to win, it's probably because your defense is a nightmare. Like we saw last year.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Yeah I don't really care how we win but a good/great defense will make it easier on the Offense even if your Offense is elite. I know sometimes you have to throw a lot but if your QB has to throw for 450-500 yards every week to win, it's probably because your defense is a nightmare. Like we saw last year.

Yep Dan Marino and Dan Fouts are perfect examples. Or the run and gun Detroit Lions of the 90s. They lit the skies up but could never overcome awful defenses.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. Why would I care about anybody's performances as long as we win games?

Are you implying that you care more about how Dak performs than if the team is winning games or not?

Lol just stop. Every player’s responsibility is to perform and contribute. That means the LBers, the FS, the RBs, etc etc. If Dak or any player performs at a high level then they should be judged by that. End of story. Wins are how you judge the team and not single players. Unless you’re one of those loonies who are obsessed with trying to tell the world that Dak sux but you’re not one of them… am I right?

:muttley:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Lol just stop. Every player’s responsibility is to perform and contribute. That means the LBers, the FS, the RBs, etc etc. If Dak or any player performs at a high level then they should be judged by that. End of story. Wins are how you judge the team and not single players. Unless you’re one of those loonies who are obsessed with trying to tell the world that Dak sux but you’re not one of them… am I right?

:muttley:
I care about the team as a whole. I don't care about individual performances. I understand that if players are having bad individual performances that the team more than likely isn't winning games. I mean, IF we win the Super Bowl and Dak plays horrible are you going to be sad about it and complain because Dak didn't play well?

You have a very strange philosophy on this. I'm curious. Why does the individual performance seem to take the front seat over the team winning or losing games for you?

Also, you're getting very defensive about it. Chill out.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I care about the team as a whole. I don't care about individual performances. I understand that if players are having bad individual performances that the team more than likely isn't winning games. I mean, IF we win the Super Bowl and Dak plays horrible are you going to be sad about it and complain because Dak didn't play well?

You have a very strange philosophy on this. I'm curious. Why does the individual performance seem to take the front seat over the team winning or losing games for you?

When the offense can't score points against winning teams till it's Garbage time or dies in the Red zone continuously how can you dare to blame the QB?????:banghead:
A 160 million dollar QB to be more precise!!!:huh:
Once again....
When we win its a Dak win.
When we lose its a Team loss.....
Jeez man, you a hater or something???

ondaedg

Reaction score

I root for the team on Sundays so don’t try to change the subject. Players are evaluated by their individual contributions to the team. Win/losses are a team stat. Say it with me: Wins and losses are a team stat. Try it a few more times!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I root for the team on Sundays so don’t try to change the subject. Players are evaluated by their individual contributions to the team. Win/losses are a team stat. Say it with me: Wins and losses are a team stat. Try it a few more times!
Say it with me:

Wins/losses are all that matter.

You take take your "individual contributions" and how "players are evaluated" somewhere else. Because I don't care about it. The players are just a name on a Cowboys jersey to me.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Say it with me:

Wins/losses are all that matter.

You take take your "individual contributions" and how "players are evaluated" somewhere else. Because I don't care about it. The players are just a name on a Cowboys jersey to me.

Hate to break this to you but 98.9% of all discussion here at the zone is about the players. Look man this is how all sports forums work and the Zone is no different. But remember wins and losses are team stats! Lol.