News: Motion Denied - Zeke suspended

Kalyan

Reaction score
I keep hearing that NFLPA gave all the power to the commissioner in the CBA, does that mean he can do whatever he wants to the players without evidence? Hypothetically, can he suspend Aaron Rodgers because he didn't like the ad he is endorsing or some silly reason? He doesn't need proof of anything right? will all these courts say, go look at the CBA, commissioner has power and he can do it?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I keep hearing that NFLPA gave all the power to the commissioner in the CBA, does that mean he can do whatever he wants to the players without evidence? Hypothetically, can he suspend Aaron Rodgers because he didn't like the ad he is endorsing or some silly reason? He doesn't need proof of anything right? will all these courts say, go look at the CBA, commissioner has power and he can do it?
As I said before he has Godlike powers. Nobody can touch him. At least that's what it looks like.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
IMO, in a game where Zeke would run for 150 yards, the Morris/McFaddon/Smith combo could run through those exact same holes for 120 yards.

150 yards would be better, but I think we can make do with what this o-line and remaining RB trio.
It’s not just the 30 less yards. It’s defenses will not stack the box as much. Zeke impacts our passing game as well because there are less defenders on our WRs and TE. It’s 4th and 1 1/2 yards and the others get 1 yard and Zeke gets 2. It’s leading by 4 with 6 minutes left and run 8 straight times to Zeke and the other team doesn’t get the ball back because he falls forward for 4-5 yards. It’s the 5 yard hitch pass that Zeke takes for 70 and the others are tackled after 25. It’s the attitude he brings to this entire team. Zeke’s abscence is way bigger than the 30 less rushing yards.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Albeit this makes it much more difficult, I don’t buy into the “sky is falling” logic some fans here seem to think ... these games are played for a reason ... adjustments will have to be made but the games are all winnable .. not time to pack it in yet time to support our team and push them to fight ...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I keep hearing that NFLPA gave all the power to the commissioner in the CBA, does that mean he can do whatever he wants to the players without evidence?

Yes. This has been common knowledge for a while.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The league ***** us every chance they get.

I hope the team uses this as fuel and buries Atlanta on Sunday.
That is what you hope the team does.

I just don't get that kind of feel from this team.

The Patriots went crazy after Brady and played with a nice chip on their shoulder. And that was their QB.

This will definitely show what kind of gumption this team has and how much of a motivator Garrett is.

I think this Falcon game is a great setting.

On the road. Against the defending champions.

If you can't get a rise out of the team with that, then forget it.

stiletto

Reaction score
Would love to see the team TRUCK everyone for the 6 games. Because honestly, I'd be pretty P.o.ed if I were the other guys on the team if people were saying they suck without Zeke....they should take that personally and steamroll.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
That is what you hope the team does.

I just don't get that kind of feel from this team.

The Patriots went crazy after Brady and played with a nice chip on their shoulder. And that was their QB.

This will definitely show what kind of gumption this team has and how much of a motivator Garrett is.

I think this Falcon game is a great setting.

On the road. Against the defending champions.

If you can't get a rise out of the team with that, then forget it.
Yea I agree. We're going to learn a lot about this team this week. I want them to come out with a chip on their shoulder.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Of course, the NY courts are in the NFL's pocket...........that is why they had such a hard on to move the case there.

And the Appeal is expedited for Dec 1st, but the judges wouldn't put the suspension on hold until then? Zeke will be 3 games into his suspension by then.

Between Zeke getting railroaded, the one-sided officiating where hold calls are as rare as unicorns, Roger being "furious" with Jerry for holding up his deal which obviously ties back to the one-sided officiating, the league changing the wording of Zeke's suspension to include playoff games even though it says regular season games on the suspension letter, its just one thing after another where league is constantly crapping on the Cowboys and Jerry.

I am just about done with the NFL, outside of the Cowboy games I have zero interest or desire to even watch another game.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Screw it. Let's shelf Zeke for 6 weeks, dust off DMac and go falcon hunting.
We can do this!!

Gaede

Reaction score
Yes.

Kalyan

Reaction score
Yes. This has been common knowledge for a while.
Wow, I thought it is not possible in this country to give ultimate power to employers and employees have to suffer the consequences because of a contract. When I was working as a software engineer, all the outsourcing companies would make student immigrants sign 3 year contracts and exploit them, but the courts later rules that it was not legal to exploit employees with contracts and they are not valid anymore.

I don't know if Zeke did anything or not, but if we assume he is innocent, his name is tarnished and he losing valuable playing time that he is never going get back (imagine all the records he could miss out) and endorsement money, so who is responsible for these damages? I thought he will some legal avenue to seek justice for civil suit

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yes. On a whim and hidden behind "conduct detrimental to the league".

I tried telling these kids Zeke had no shot here. He's serving 6 games one year or another. Let's make it this year where we have no shot.

DFWJC

Reaction score
CVzyxfUWEAA8aeX.jpg

mara25s-1-web.jpg

GettyImages-Jeffrey_Lurie_l3tbz7

0243.jpg
:angry::thumbdown::angry:

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Of course, the NY courts are in the NFL's pocket...........that is why they had such a hard on to move the case there.

And the Appeal is expedited for Dec 1st, but the judges wouldn't put the suspension on hold until then? Zeke will be 3 games into his suspension by then.

Between Zeke getting railroaded, the one-sided officiating where hold calls are as rare as unicorns, Roger being "furious" with Jerry for holding up his deal which obviously ties back to the one-sided officiating, the league changing the wording of Zeke's suspension to include playoff games even though it says regular season games on the suspension letter, its just one thing after another where league is constantly crapping on the Cowboys and Jerry.

I am just about done with the NFL, outside of the Cowboy games I have zero interest or desire to even watch another game.

Why support owners who are allowing Goodell to do this to Zeke by watching their team? Hopefully there’s a good college game on tonight.