News: Motion Denied - Zeke suspended

John813

Reaction score
Yup the NFL is doing what they can to keep this team from the promise land. This team is getting so good the refs ain't enough. Now they have to do year long investigation's on our star players. But I haven't heard much about Damien Wilson being suspended or nothing. Why? Because he really don't matter.

It's interesting cause you would think it would be a bigger black eye to the NFL that a player pulled out a rifle in a public parking lot in a heated argument than a he said she spat(with possible DV) with no legal charges.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Ok so here's what I've gathered from all of this

• The commissioners discipline powers come from article 46 and has been present since 1968 http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...icle-46-has-been-present-since-the-first-cba/
  • Nflpa agreed to give the commissioner those powers ( see above article )
  • Written agreements > fair doctrines. If it's agreed upon, you gotta live by it
  • I think people are getting confused with good faith and fair dealing clause and collectively bargained agreements.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
It is what it is. I expected this outcome, but I'm still mad about it. It's a shame that the CBA dictates some much power to the NFL. The next time the CBA comes up, I expect this to be a major topic.

I hope the players demand a better CBA, one that requires proof in a court of law of any wrong doing for any suspension to happen. I wouldn't even be upset with the players if they went on strike over this. Strikes in the past have upset me, but one over this wouldn't. I would just watch NCAA football until the strike was over.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
Ok so here's what I've gathered from all of this

• The commissioners discipline powers come from article 46 and has been present since 1968 http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...icle-46-has-been-present-since-the-first-cba/
  • Nflpa agreed to give the commissioner those powers ( see above article )
  • Written agreements > fair doctrines. If it's agreed upon, you gotta live by it
  • I think people are getting confused with good faith and fair dealing clause and collectively bargained agreements.

yep...and Goodell is gonna abuse the heck of it until it changes with the NFLPA giving up major concessions to do so...now it is a matter of which player is next?

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Players as a whole are too concerned with goodells disciplinary powers. Only a very very small percentage are affected.

Oh the players aren't allowed to strike until 2021. There is a provision in the cba that disallows it. :laugh:

Owners smart! Nflpa dummies

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I hope the players demand a better CBA, one that requires proof in a court of law of any wrong doing for any suspension to happen. I wouldn't even be upset with the players if they went on strike over this. Strikes in the past have upset me, but one over this wouldn't. I would just watch NCAA football until the strike was over.
They can't. The current cba prohibits striking lol

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So the 2nd circuit is basically saying the Brady ruling is gospel now, the Commish can suspend any player for any violation that HE THINKS occurred. Doesn't matter if it actually did occur, just that the Commish thinks it did.

Doesn't matter if it is deflating footballs or slapping your girl around, if the Commish thinks you are guilty, you are guilty.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
So the 2nd circuit is basically saying the Brady ruling is gospel now, the Commish can suspend any player for any violation that HE THINKS occurred. Doesn't matter if it actually did occur, just that the Commish thinks it did.

Doesn't matter if it is deflating footballs or slapping your girl around, if the Commish thinks you are guilty, you are guilty.
Yes...they say that whatever the cba allows the commish to do, then he may exercise those powers

Blackspider214

Reaction score
It's interesting cause you would think it would be a bigger black eye to the NFL that a player pulled out a rifle in a public parking lot in a heated argument than a he said she spat(with possible DV) with no legal charges.

No one hardly knows that player's name outside of our fans (and heck, some of them hardly know him at all). Imagine if that was Dak, Zeke or Dez who pulled out a rifle in a crowded parking lot. It would be this x 100. Goodell gets off on going after huge names like Zeke and Brady. The lesser known names mean little to his ego. He wants to flex his muscle and prove he's boss to the top money making players.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Players as a whole are too concerned with goodells disciplinary powers. Only a very very small percentage are affected.

Oh the players aren't allowed to strike until 2021. There is a provision in the cba that disallows it. :laugh:

Owners smart! Nflpa dummies

Whoah, who are the lame brains who negotiated this CBA? I'm no fan of strikes. The strike seasons totally bummed me out, but I'm okay with using a strike to address egregious abuses by the league. And suspending a player with exactly zero proof he did anything wrong is indeed an egregious abuse. Goodell deserves to be kicked out of office. Hell, he deserves to be kicked out of the country and forced to live in some island banana republic where a gorilla named Bubba dresses him up in a pink ballerina outfit and shoves coconuts up his bum.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Whoah, who are the lame brains who negotiated this CBA? I'm no fan of strikes. The strike seasons totally bummed me out, but I'm okay with using a strike to address egregious abuses by the league. And suspending a player with exactly zero proof he did anything wrong is indeed an egregious abuse. Goodell deserves to be kicked out of office. Hell, he deserves to be kicked out of the country and forced to live in some island banana republic where a gorilla named Bubba dresses him up in a pink ballerina outfit and shoves coconuts up his bum.
Taglibue had the same powers but never abused it so it was never an issue till now

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score

i think the problem as to why the NFLPA is so weak is because most of the players can't afford to strike. Careers are immensely shorter compared to the NBA and MLB which have much stronger Unions than the NFL.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
No one hardly knows that player's name outside of our fans (and heck, some of them hardly know him at all). Imagine if that was Dak, Zeke or Dez who pulled out a rifle in a crowded parking lot. It would be this x 100. Goodell gets off on going after huge names like Zeke and Brady. The lesser known names mean little to his ego. He wants to flex his muscle and prove he's boss to the top money making players.
The worst example being Nigel Bradham who was arrested for a felony when Zeke was let off, then was arrested again, and will be playing next week while Zeke sits with literally nothing even mentioned.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Best line of the day that makes me smh is a tv reporter saying Zeke is suspended 6 games for ALLEGED domestic violence. Unreal.

Ghost12

Reaction score
I keep hearing that NFLPA gave all the power to the commissioner in the CBA, does that mean he can do whatever he wants to the players without evidence? Hypothetically, can he suspend Aaron Rodgers because he didn't like the ad he is endorsing or some silly reason? He doesn't need proof of anything right? will all these courts say, go look at the CBA, commissioner has power and he can do it?
What the courts have actually said is that the arbitrator can do whatever they want.

While this is usually not a problem, it can be one when, you know, one side in the argument gets to unilaterally choose the arbitrator (and can even choose himself or his employees if he wants).