Movies - Bad but enjoyable

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
A discussion in another portion of the forum got me thinking about movies that are universally considered "bad", but I take great delight in watching. A few examples:

Eurotrip
Smokey and the Bandit
Big Trouble in Little China
Over the Top
Maximum Overdrive

Some are just low budget comedies (Eurotrip), some are just so bad that they are funny (Over the Top, Maximum Overdrive) and some could be considered bizarre, but are actually quite entertaining (Big Trouble in Little China).

My point? Besides showing that I watch some real garbage, I was wondering if anybody had any "bad" movies that they enjoy. The cheesier and campier, the better, I am always looking for something new to watch.

(And I want to know if anyone will admit to watching or even liking these movies besides me)

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
thumbs up for "Smokey and The Bandit" and "Big Trouble In Little China". Others on my list are "Cannonball Run"(pt 1), "Swamp Thing", "Flash Gordon", and "Time Bandits"

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In no particular order:

Romy and Michele's High School Class Reunion
Don't be a Menace to Society while Drinking Your Juice in the Hood
Footloose
Road House
Blazing Saddles
Grosse Pointe Blank

Duane

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
In no particular order:

Romy and Michele's High School Class Reunion
Don't be a Menace to Society while Drinking Your Juice in the Hood
Footloose
Road House
Blazing Saddles
Grosse Pointe Blank

Blazing Saddles & Grosse Pointe Blank are both great movies. I don't think I'd say they were bad.

Duane

Reaction score
Meatballs
Top Secret
Real Genius
Revenge of the Nerds
Starship Troopers
The Evil Dead
Goonies

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Duane said:
Meatballs
Top Secret
Real Genius
Revenge of the Nerds
Starship Troopers
The Evil Dead
Goonies
I never cared for Top Secret or Starship Troopers but I agree with the rest of your list.

Duane

Reaction score
junk said:
Eurotrip
Smokey and the Bandit

Some are just low budget comedies (Eurotrip), some are just so bad that they are funny (Over the Top, Maximum Overdrive) and some could be considered bizarre, but are actually quite entertaining (Big Trouble in Little China).

Loved Eurotrip and Smokey.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
If you want to see a BAD movies rent, not buy, Bubba Ho Tep. My wife bought it so I was forced to watch it:puke:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
If you want to see a BAD movies rent, not buy, Bubba Ho Tep. My wife bought it so I was forced to watch it:puke:

Hey now... that was a hip flick... I liked it...

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
here's a list of funny movies

1. road trip
2. meet the parents
3.smokey and the bandit
4. the gods must be crazy
5. happy gilmore
6. vacation
7. trading places
8. the nutty professor
9. raising arizona
10. the waterboy
11. caddyshack
12. the big lebowski
13. animal house
14. dodgeball
15. the hot chick
16. the animal
17. mean girls
18. best in show
19. american pie
20. splash

funny stuff, man

later, lane

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lanecity1975 said:
here's a list of funny movies

1. road trip
2. meet the parents
3.smokey and the bandit
4. the gods must be crazy
5. happy gilmore
6. vacation
7. trading places
8. the nutty professor
9. raising arizona
10. the waterboy
11. caddyshack
12. the big lebowski
13. animal house
14. dodgeball
15. the hot chick
16. the animal
17. mean girls
18. best in show
19. american pie
20. splash

funny stuff, man

later, lane
Alot of those really are good movies. This thread is about bad movies, that you actually like... For example, the movie Porky's.

Duane: Blazing Saddles was ok, but it wasn't the best movie that Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder ever put together. I actually liked Grosse Pointe Blank, but I know alot of people who don't.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Duane said:
Meatballs
Top Secret
Real Genius
Revenge of the Nerds
Starship Troopers
The Evil Dead
Goonies

Good list. I found Army of Darkness enjoyable, but didn't really care much for the original Evil Dead (although it was pretty cheesy).

Real Genius was a good one.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
the best movie that Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder ever put together.

If it isn't, it is a close second to See No Evil, Hear No Evil. That was a funny movie.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lanecity1975 said:
sorry, just givin a list of funny movies.
and they are... Of that list, I like Happy Gilmore and American Pie the most.

I remember when I saw the preview for American Pie the first time in the movie theater, and they did the pie scene. I couldn't stop from saying out loud, "Not the pie!! What'd the pie do to you! You didn't have to do that to the pie. Oh Lord, I'll never look at apple pie the same"...LMAO

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Alot of those really are good movies. This thread is about bad movies, that you actually like... For example, the movie Porky's.

Duane: Blazing Saddles was ok, but it wasn't the best movie that Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder ever put together. I actually liked Grosse Pointe Blank, but I know alot of people who don't.

I am a big John Cusack fan... "Grosse Pointe Blank" is one of my faves... along with "Say Anything"...

I am also sucker for "The Crow" with Brandon Lee...

Jeepers Creepers 2 is also fun/creepy...

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I am a big John Cusack fan... "Grosse Pointe Blank" is one of my faves... along with "Say Anything"...

I am also sucker for "The Crow" with Brandon Lee...

Jeepers Creepers 2 is also fun/creepy...

The Crow was a great movie.

Maximum Overdrive....I am telling you people, this is a must see. Directed by Stephen King, soundtrack by AC/DC.....and so bad you have to laugh.

DeputyDawg

Reaction score
How about 'Roadie'?
It just doesn't get any worse than Meat Loaf in a lead role. Still, I can watch it over and over again.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Bubba HoTep, as bad as it is, is a good, enjoyable movie. The score is done by a new up and coming composer named Brian Tyler, who scored my guilty pleasure, Children of Dune. The score makes the movie a notch better than it really is....it is brilliant. The melody is similar to Hotep, which was the original, only to be improved in orchestration for COD.

As for Starship Troopers - that movie was a gross *******ization of a terrific novel by one of (if not THE) my favorite authors, Robert Anson Heinlein.

[/geek]

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Pitch Black is on right now, the Vin Diesel scifi flick that bred The Chronicles of Riddick. The first time I ever saw it, I expected another cheesy lost in space type of scifi.

It so happens that this is one of the best (and most unknown) films to come out in 2000. The score and cinematography are great, editing is splendid, and the characters are some of the best in scifi. If you can enjoy a good scifi thriller, rent this NOW.