Movies - Bad but enjoyable

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Oh man...I rented that one time and could not understand how such a terrible movie could be made and distributed...that whole thing was terrible....some movies are so bad they are actually funny....this movie was so bad that it could not even be funny when they tried.
This was not even a straight to video movie...I mean it gone tons of ad time for the theater ...wow that was just a terrible movie.

I tell you two movies I could not even finish watching...The Lara Croft Tomb Raider movies.
I think Jolie is hot and sexy but I just could not even finish watching the first movie and then tried to watch the second one about a week ago on one of the movie channels because nothing was on...I could not finish that one either.
With all the money and special effects that were used, the story was just terrible and the acting was not much better, but what can anyone due with a terrible script I guess.

Oh and another one....someone actually made a Mario Brothers movie LOL.
I have only seen the first Tomb Raider and it blew chunks but Angelina was SMOKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never seen Mario Brothers. I knew that was going to be bad.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Oh man...I rented that one time and could not understand how such a terrible movie could be made and distributed...that whole thing was terrible....some movies are so bad they are actually funny....this movie was so bad that it could not even be funny when they tried.
This was not even a straight to video movie...I mean it gone tons of ad time for the theater ...wow that was just a terrible movie.

I tell you two movies I could not even finish watching...The Lara Croft Tomb Raider movies.
I think Jolie is hot and sexy but I just could not even finish watching the first movie and then tried to watch the second one about a week ago on one of the movie channels because nothing was on...I could not finish that one either.
With all the money and special effects that were used, the story was just terrible and the acting was not much better, but what can anyone due with a terrible script I guess.

Oh and another one....someone actually made a Mario Brothers movie LOL.

Dennis Hopper needed the check.

Let's not forget some other video game headscratchers like 'Street Fighter'. 'Mortal Kombat' (the first one) is a guilty pleasure because of one noticable scene involving a female upside down :D.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
UHF is my favorite bad movie (obviously), combine Weird Al, Emo Phillips and the physical comedy of Michael Richards with a terrible script and no plot and a classic is born.

This whole topic reminds me of MST3K and the gawd awful movies they skewered.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
UHF is my favorite bad movie (obviously), combine Weird Al, Emo Phillips and the physical comedy of Michael Richards with a terrible script and no plot and a classic is born.

This whole topic reminds me of MST3K and the gawd awful movies they skewered.

I use to LOVE MST3K... I was gonna buy the dvd sets, but they have set it up sorta like the Columbia House CD Club scam...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Another bad bad bad bad movie is Battlefield Earth. *** was Travolta thinking?

And don't forget Mission Impossible 2. That is a terrible movie.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
*** was Travolta thinking?

I bet Mrs. Yeagermeister asks that question of her ownself on a daily basis... :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:

battlefield earth was another movie I could not finish watching, and normally I like sci-fi movies.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jacs said:
Oceans Twelve

I have seen, and liked, Oceans eleven.....did not hear anything good or bad about oceans twelve...is it really bad compared to the first?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Another one that I don't consider bad but some might is Snatch. I loved it. The dialog is a little hard to follow but it's very funny.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:

Isn't that a story by L. Ron Hubbard? Travolta is a scientologist. I heard he had wanted to make that movie for a long time and his original intent was to be the good guy, but he got too old by the time he could get the movie finally made.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
OK, a whole bunch of comments:

Snatch is great. (take that however you like)
Battlefield Earth was bad and wasn't enjoyable. It was a great book though.
Ocean's 11 is good.

Mystery Science Theater was great early on, kind of started to stink later on. For the fans of that show, check out ESPN's Cheap Seats. I have only seen it once, but it is the same type of thing but with old sports broadcasts. The one I watched had the running of the bulls and an amateur bowling competition.

Finally, for the Chuck Norris fans, check this out:
http://gorillamask.net/conanwalker.shtml

The first one with the bear trap is hilarious.

Duane

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Another one that I don't consider bad but some might is Snatch. I loved it. The dialog is a little hard to follow but it's very funny.
I love snatch too. :D

joseephuss

Reaction score
junk said:
OK, a whole bunch of comments:

Snatch is great. (take that however you like)
Battlefield Earth was bad and wasn't enjoyable. It was a great book though.
Ocean's 11 is good.

Mystery Science Theater was great early on, kind of started to stink later on. For the fans of that show, check out ESPN's Cheap Seats. I have only seen it once, but it is the same type of thing but with old sports broadcasts. The one I watched had the running of the bulls and an amateur bowling competition.

Finally, for the Chuck Norris fans, check this out:
http://gorillamask.net/conanwalker.shtml

The first one with the bear trap is hilarious.

Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels were pretty cool. Then Madonna made her hubby do that horrible movie that I hear was so bad I didn't even watch.

MST3K is great. The movie was pretty funny. There are some local comedians here in Austin that do the same thing to movies at the local dine in theater. http//www.alamodrafthouse.com

I also like Bend it Like Beckham.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
here's a list of funny movies

1. road trip
2. meet the parents
3.smokey and the bandit
4. the gods must be crazy
5. happy gilmore
6. vacation
7. trading places
8. the nutty professor
9. raising arizona
10. the waterboy
11. caddyshack
12. the big lebowski
13. animal house
14. dodgeball
15. the hot chick
16. the animal
17. mean girls
18. best in show
19. american pie
20. splash

funny stuff, man

later, lane

you forgot Dumb and Dumber and... The Jerk

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
You guys watch all that junk...........I'd rather warch the History or Discovery Channel.lol

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I have seen, and liked, Oceans eleven.....did not hear anything good or bad about oceans twelve...is it really bad compared to the first?

thinking about it, i dont think i even enjoyed it and it is bad compared to the first one (remake).

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
You guys watch all that junk...........I'd rather warch the History or Discovery Channel.lol

Well, you should watch junk, you never know what that witty, clever and articulate guy is going to say next.

I love the History channel and Discovery channel as well. Do I watch too much television and movies? Maybe I should move somewhere that there is actually something to do.