Movies - Bad but enjoyable

Mike 1967

Reaction score
junk said:
A discussion in another portion of the forum got me thinking about movies that are universally considered "bad", but I take great delight in watching. A few examples:

Eurotrip
Smokey and the Bandit
Big Trouble in Little China
Over the Top
Maximum Overdrive

Some are just low budget comedies (Eurotrip), some are just so bad that they are funny (Over the Top, Maximum Overdrive) and some could be considered bizarre, but are actually quite entertaining (Big Trouble in Little China).

My point? Besides showing that I watch some real garbage, I was wondering if anybody had any "bad" movies that they enjoy. The cheesier and campier, the better, I am always looking for something new to watch.

(And I want to know if anyone will admit to watching or even liking these movies besides me)

The Road Warrior
Water World

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
This might not be a popular answer, but I didn't like any of the Mad Max movies... however, I watched them to watch that hot bod of Mel Gibson... yummy!!!

Kangaroo

Reaction score
OK Armadillo Cowboy since these guys mixed up a few movies

One Crazy Summer
The Godizzla scene; the basketball team and Demimore, Bobcat. Cusaks nickname in this one is Hoops.

Better of Dead
The Camaro; The two guys in the car; I want my two dollars. Also the guy that plays bugar from revenge of the nerds is Cusak best friend and he is always trying to get high he snorts jello and snow rlmao because he can not get real drugs in the town they live

Both are funny and worth renting just to clarify this

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Got to thinking while I re-read this WHOLE thread and I'm surprised nobody's mentioned any of Steven Seagal's movies. I mean, I used to actually GO to the movie theaters to watch his movies. And now when I turn them on on cable or whatever, I'm realizing how awful they really are....

Above the Law
Hard to Kill
Marked for Death
Fire Down Below

The list goes on and on...:banghead:

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I am glad someone mentioned Tango and Cash. I am beginning to think just about anything with Kurt Russell qualifies:

Tango and Cash (Are you bumpin uglies with my sister?)
Escape from NY
The Thing
Captain Ron

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000621/

Seriously, if that body of work doesn't merit some sort of lifetime achievement award, I don't know what does.

Finally, the cherry of top of the sundae that is enjoyable bad movies:

Weekend at Bernies

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Got to thinking while I re-read this WHOLE thread and I'm surprised nobody's mentioned any of Steven Seagal's movies. I mean, I used to actually GO to the movie theaters to watch his movies. And now when I turn them on on cable or whatever, I'm realizing how awful they really are....

Above the Law
Hard to Kill
Marked for Death
Fire Down Below

The list goes on and on...:banghead:
Did you see him when he hosted SNL? He read off of cuecards the whole time. He was terrible. He can kick some arse but he can't act worth a crap. And what's up with the three word movie titles???? lol

Kangaroo

Reaction score
junk said:
I am glad someone mentioned Tango and Cash. I am beginning to think just about anything with Kurt Russell qualifies:

Tango and Cash (Are you bumpin uglies with my sister?)
Escape from NY
The Thing
Captain Ron

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000621/

Seriously, if that body of work doesn't merit some sort of lifetime achievement award, I don't know what does.

Finally, the cherry of top of the sundae that is enjoyable bad movies:

Weekend at Bernies

Big Trouble in Little China (Is a classic I know a lot of people that like it)
Tango and Cash (was a bad movie)
Escape from NY (Classic low budget but cool flick)
The Thing (That rocked I seen that again recently one of the remakes that was way better than the 1st)
Captain Ron (I own this on DVD I always laugh)
Overboard (This has Goldie and is quite funny)

My 2cents

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DeputyDawg said:
Airplane!
Trick or Treat
Shocker
The Warriors
Fright Night
Jacob's Ladder

Ah trick or treat and shocker.

Ragman and horace pinker lol

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DeputyDawg said:
Airplane!
Trick or Treat
Shocker
The Warriors
Fright Night
Jacob's Ladder
Shocker lol

I'd forgotten about that movie. Man that is a bad movie.

DeputyDawg

Reaction score
Shocker was so stupid it was funny. I do own the DVD although I claim it's because of the soundtrack.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DeputyDawg said:
Shocker was so stupid it was funny. I do own the DVD although I claim it's because of the soundtrack.
That can be said about 95% of the 80's horror movies.

Reaction score
Quicksilver Highway?? I rented this in Korea and I can never find it again... a guys hands revolt against him and tries to kill him... Christopher Loyd... bad movie, but mildly amusing...

another one I liked was Empire Records... dumb, but good...

Kangaroo

Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan said:
Oh Yes! She looks very good in Underworld and Van Helsing. Both of which fit into this category of Bad movies that I enjoy. I haven't seen the Aviator yet because I'm not a DiCaprio fan. Is it worth the rental?
She is also the nurse in the Pearl Harbor movie

The new Peral Harbor movie from a few years back makes me want :puke:

[size=-1]Torro, Torro, Torro was 500 times the Peral Harbor movie plus it does not have a worthless unamerican actor playing a great American General either.
(Yes that is a shot at Baldwin)
[/size]

jamez25

Reaction score
Torro, Torro, Torro was 500 times the Peral Harbor movie plus it does not have a worthless unamerican actor playing a great American General either.
it was Tora! Tora! Tora!

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Ah trick or treat and shocker.

Ragman and horace pinker lol

Yup, definitely bad movies but they both had decent Soundtracks.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
We just rented one that belongs on this list.....Taxi with Queen Latifah and Jimmy Fallon. It was as bad as it sounds. Jimmy needs to stay on SNL.