Movies with best (and worst) sequels

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ironic that 'pacing' was mentioned.
That's actually another reason why I didn't like some parts of sequel, in comparison to the original film.

I previously mentioned the unnecessary long dialogue between Budd and his strip club boss, which had
nuthin' to do with the rest of the movies, ..the finale with Bill blabbering on about Superman/Clark Kent.
i've reviewed it again on YouTube, but still did not understand why Superman/Peter Parker talk was so necessary.
:huh:
Both scenes are integral to the sequel in my opinion. First, the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad were composed of separate UNIQUE characters. None of them were remotely the same. I loved the Budd/boss conversation because it spoke directly to how and why one of the most dangerous men on the planet humbled himself to what the audience saw after The Bride awoke from her coma. Think about it. Old Budd would have killed the guy within a split second of speaking. New Budd takes the nonsense. Why? The audience gets an idea through that passage.

Bill's talk of differing superheroes' origin and existence is Tarantino's genius at work. The Bride is not Peter Parker a.k.a. Spider-Man. Like Bill said. Parker and Spider-Man are separate people in one body. Mask goes on. He's Spider-Man, everyone's favored neighborhood webhead. Mask comes off. He is Aunt May's son of another mother.

She is not The World's Deadliest Woman by day and assassin by night like Petey and Spidey. She is Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman. Nothing changes when the glasses come off. He is the same guy all day, all week and twice on Sundays. The Bride was exactly the same. It did not even matter how much of a loving mother she could be. She was a killer, through and through. Running off and pretending to be someone else, even for the sake of her child's safety, would never change that fact.

One thing that has always disappointed me was Tarantino's lack of detail given to Vernita Green, Vivica A. Fox's character. Copperhead was in-and-out of the movie in short order. In my opinion, it was really disrespectful. The audience gets only a glimpse of what made her so freaking deadly. Even Darryl Hannah's character Elle Driver, a.k.a. California Mountain Snake, has sporadic on-screen scenes but they were spread out throughout both movies and were really detailed about who she was. The same did not hold true for Copperhead.

quickccc

Reaction score
Prey was a quality sequel/prequel/continuation b4 the fact of Predator.
Yes, good point.
Hulu's Prey was a very good Predator sequel.

Maybe it's not everyone's taste and preference, but it was terrific for me.
Especially the pace, the native hunting time era, and new Predator creature look, new weapons and
the strategy in battling the Predator.
Great chase scenes, action sequences, CGI visual effects, pace.
Maybe its' short on origin explanation details, it did not let up and hit the ground running from beginning to end.

Prey was a heckuva lot much better than Olivia Munn's Predator flick.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Been a long time since I saw it but remember not liking it. Think biggest issue for me was I loved the #$*# out of Aliens vs Alien. The Marines and the Aliens fighting with Bill Paxton quotes were classic stuff! Basically, it was Starship Troopers, another movie I enjoy, done by a better creative team.

Completely different theme in Aliens 3. Which doesn't mean it was a bad movie but caught me by surprise. I may go back and watch it again 20+ years later. Since that movie was released, I've enjoyed many of David Fincher's movies and TV shows. Wasn't that his first big movie?
The scene where the Xenimorph has its mouth right next to Ripley's face was bone chilling. Sigourney cemented her place as one of my favorite actresses in that moment.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ironic that 'pacing' was mentioned.
That's actually another reason why I didn't like some parts of sequel, in comparison to the original film.

I previously mentioned the unnecessary long dialogue between Budd and his strip club boss, which had
nuthin' to do with the rest of the movies, ..the finale with Bill blabbering on about Superman/Clark Kent.
i've reviewed it again on YouTube, but still did not understand why Superman/Peter Parker talk was so necessary.
:huh:
Because Tarantino likes to come off as some deep genius.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, so you no doubt heard of the rumored leaks of Vol. 3 (if it does go thru) .. I dunno Maya's background in acting or action films, but if Uma can learn fighting sequences, could her real life daughter also learn and be the equal of the fighting
act skills of her real mother ?

Would have been cool if Vivian Fox also has a real life daughter that is into action acting and can be paired up in this potential flick as well.

I saw some article links pertaining to the rumored Vol. 3, but that's been so far dated, who knows how close it could be to a possibility. But interesting the actors/actress still have thoughts and dreams of it as we do.

https://people.com/movies/vivica-a-fox-wants-zendaya-play-daughter-kill-bill-3/

https://people.com/movies/quentin-t...-3-is-definitely-in-the-cards-i-have-an-idea/

I also forgot to mentioned how
Vivica A. Fox does not have children. She is well-known for never wanting to become a mother.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The scene where the Xenimorph has its mouth right next to Ripley's face was bone chilling. Sigourney cemented her place as one of my favorite actresses in that moment.
Sigourney did the same for me in the original Alien. I will forever make an argument on her behalf that her Best Actress nomination for Aliens should have netted her an Oscar.

Of course watching her slowly climb into her space suit in Alien, may have something to do with my appreciation also... lol.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I actually really liked Alien Resurrection.. The Ripley clone, great chase scenes and first time

displaying the Aliens
in underwater pursuit

It was Aliens 3, that I am not a fan of at all., that I thought was a bad good bye send off from the character Ripley.
UGH I meant Aliens 3 NOT Aliens Resurrection. Well at least I got the rest right about the third one crapping on the first two

quickccc

Reaction score
Sigourney did the same for me in the original Alien. I will forever make an argument on her behalf that her Best Actress nomination for Aliens should have netted her an Oscar.

Of course watching her slowly climb into her space suit in Alien, may have something to do with my appreciation also... lol.
Yep.. I totally agree with Weaver's brilliant performance " Aliens" that was Oscar worthy.
Very inspiring.

Plus Aliens also included one of my favorite guilty pleasure actors in the late Bill Paxton.
He added even more.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep.. I totally agree with Weaver's brilliant performance " Aliens" that was Oscar worthy.
Very inspiring.

Plus Aliens also included one of my favorite guilty pleasure actors in the late Bill Paxton.
He added even more.
"Stop your grinning and drop your linen! Found them."

Even Paxton's tamest lines were smartly delivered. And funny.

By the way, quotes are almost never spoilers. :)

quickccc

Reaction score

" Bishop .. Hey man ! .. Not me ! " ...

101da54c958a252a31457c46befdaf56.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score

Just when I thought I was the only one to notice the space suit ..lol
I gotta look into seeing if there's a behind-the -scene documentary in how director Ridley Scott and his crew came up with
with such a utterly brilliant idea in the creation of the Alien Xenomorphs creature was created and thought of.

Corrosive acid as blood, human bodies cocoon host, do not require oxygen, strategic intelligence, can climb walls
and surfaces or swim underwater, etc.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Such a great movie. Sad when that guy passed away.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The whole Colonial Marines thing was classic.

I blame the studios. Fincher is a great film maker. But people wanted more of this in Aliens 3.

giphy.gif

Much more enjoyable than Alien 1, but I think what made me truly appreciate Alien 1 was the PS4 game that was released several years back that was set in the same environment. LOL Alien Isolation? What a trip playing that game in the dark trying to avoid the Alien.

quickccc

Reaction score
Such a great movie. Sad when that guy passed away.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The whole Colonial Marines thing was classic.

I blame the studios. Fincher is a great film maker. But people wanted more of this in Aliens 3.

giphy.gif

Much more enjoyable than Alien 1, but I think what made me truly appreciate Alien 1 was the PS4 game that was released several years back that was set in the same environment. LOL Alien Isolation? What a trip playing that game in the dark trying to avoid the Alien.
804904dbcf6d1a9a80c388e0ee9e5b82.jpg

paladin

Reaction score
Jenette Goldstein.
For having so few lines, she had a memorable character
Apparently Cameron liked her performance
She was also cast as the Irish Mother in Titanic...who puts her kids to bed by telling them the story "And so they lived happily together for 300 years, in the land of Tír na nÓg, the land of eternal youth and beauty."

quickccc

Reaction score
Jenette Goldstein.
For having so few lines, she had a memorable character
Apparently Cameron liked her performance
She was also cast as the Irish Mother in Titanic...who puts her kids to bed by telling them the story "And so they lived happily together for 300 years, in the land of Tír na nÓg, the land of eternal youth and beauty."
Wasn't she also the cop that got bomb blasted in her swimming pool in Lethal Weapon 2 ?