Movies with great soundtracks?

quickccc

Reaction score
https://music.apple.com/us/album/new-jack-city-music-from-the-motion-picture/331059476

f33f293fc1e153af46fec7552fc8db52.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score
I do. As far as music icons are concerned, I loved Michael Jackson but never as much as I think cowboyec loves Elvis. I still remember watching the news the day MJ died. Numb and disbelief would describe how I felt that day.

yeh i myself couldn't believe the TV headlines " Remembering Michael Jackson " once i turned on the TV set coming home from work.
i was so totally shocked and heart broken. It didn't seem real. Like i was dreaming what i was seeing. Maybe i didn't want to believe what i was seeing.

Ditto with the news with Prince and his sudden death.
Irony is Elvis, Jackson and Prince all went down and passed away due to drug related incidents in one matter or another.

quickccc

Reaction score
I understand that. I was pretty upset when Elvis died, but probably the most upset when SRV died, because he still had so much more to contribute.

I think ec's answer will be too depressing (and detailed), that's why I don't want to read it.

SRV.? .. Stevie Ray Vaughn ?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
SRV.? .. Stevie Ray Vaughn ?
Yes sir. IMO, the greatest guitarist ever, and he was bringing electric blues mainstream, more than they ever were before. I was looking forward to more artists being influenced by his music and popularity, and seeing the genre grow.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes! Crossroads.........

Good call Roadtrip.

"Lightning" solid pick Brother!

I just can't stomach Macchio and his chronically, fearful, bullied face...and it's even worse when he's trying to look cool. He was okay as a supporting actor in My Cousin Vinny, but I can't stand his whining.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I just can't stomach Macchio and his chronically, fearful, bullied face...and it's even worse when he's trying to look cool. He was okay as a supporting actor in My Cousin Vinny, but I can't stand his whining.

LOL.....

Yeah, I understand. Listen, I was hard bit in love with Elizabeth Shue when I was a kid so yeah, no love lost on Ralph Macchio for me either but I love that movie. I love the Robert Johnson Blues Guitar pieces in this movie. I just think it's great.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL.....

Yeah, I understand. Listen, I was hard bit in love with Elizabeth Shue when I was a kid so yeah, no love lost on Ralph Macchio for me either but I love that movie. I love the Robert Johnson Blues Guitar pieces in this movie. I just think it's great.
I loved everything about that movie except Ralph. I wish they'd do a remake of it with a new cast. But the actor who played the devil is awesome. He has the evilest grin and laugh ever.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I loved everything about that movie except Ralph. I wish they'd do a remake of it with a new cast. But the actor who played the devil is awesome. He has the evilest grin and laugh ever.

Yep, they type casted him well. I liked Steve Vai as the other Guitarist in the Headcutter compatition.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's interesting, Robert Redford isn't a singer but he's had several movies with good soundtracks.

Jeremiah Johnson, The Way We Were, Electric Horseman, Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid, The Sting, all pretty good soundtracks.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep, they type casted him well. I liked Steve Vai as the other Guitarist in the Headcutter compatition.
That was cool to see at the time. I think he'd just finished working on David Lee Roth's first solo album when that movie came out, or maybe his own first solo album?