Moving Forward, can we win big with this current roster?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Do we have what it takes to make that push that Jerry sees, I mean he sees it every year regardless of what kind of roster we have. Is Jerry right, do we have a team that can get us far in the playoffs and get us that 6th ring??? Please give your thoughts. I'd love to go to a Superbowl!!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Contenders or Pretenders, in their first test, they were pretenders.....second test is Sunday, we'll see if anything changed from the San Fran game against Philly...
And it takes a whole season to really know what an NFL team really is. What makes it hard for most Cowboys fans is how many times in the past we’ve seen our Cowboys look like a contender until the first or second round of the playoffs, only to see them get hammered when it matters most.

Hate to say it, as much as I want to see this team win another Lombardi, or even get to a conference championship game, I will believe it when it happens.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
And it takes a whole season to really know what an NFL team really is. What makes it hard for most Cowboys fans is how many times in the past we’ve seen our Cowboys look like a contender until the first or second round of the playoffs, only to see them get hammered when it matters most.

Hate to say it, as much as I want to see this team win another Lombardi, or even get to a conference championship game, I will believe it when it happens.
One of the greatest posts ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I may in the minority but I do believe the Cowboys have enough to get to the promised land. They just need to be playing their best football in January. Because they have SO much youth in key spots I believe it's possible they will. Mazi, Clark, Bland and Bell are all just babies who will no doubt be better in January than they are now. LVE should be back for the stretch run.. Sam Williams looks like the light bulb may have gone on for him we well. On offense we really just have to stay healthy and keep reminding Dak that he's a football player not a drop back statue. Do that and the offense will be fine. Again health permitting. We need the linemen to get healthy. All of the starting five are dealing with one thing or another. Quiet as kept however, the Cowboys also may have the league's best kicker, best punter and the best return man in the business. Also in Thomas, Goodwin, Armstrong and Williams are a threat to block every kick. People keep looking at one or two guys to determine how far we can go.. when they really should be looking at all 53.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I may in the minority but I do believe the Cowboys have enough to get to the promised land. They just need to be playing their best football in January. Because they have SO much youth in key spots I believe it's possible they will. Mazi, Clark, Bland and Bell are all just babies who will no doubt be better in January than they are now. LVE should be back for the stretch run.. Sam Williams looks like the light bulb may have gone on for him we well. On offense we really just have to stay healthy and keep reminding Dak that he's a football player not a drop back statue. Do that and the offense will be fine. Again health permitting. We need the linemen to get healthy. All of the starting five are dealing with one thing or another. Quiet as kept however, the Cowboys also may have the league's best kicker, best punter and the best return man in the business. Also in Thomas, Goodwin, Armstrong and Williams are a threat to block every kick. People keep looking at one or two guys to determine how far we can go.. when they really should be looking at all 53.
yes sir!!!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that this young team has talent and has some key players still baking in the oven. What I’m not convinced of yet is this team’s overall mental toughness to overcome the adversity all great teams must have to be great.

Hopefully they will be just that.

starfan1

Reaction score
I wish i was as optomistic as you on this part. I think what they are dealing with beyond injuries is diminishing talent. Steele surprised me I thought hed fare better coming back from his injury and right now I think he our worst lineman. Why jerry continues to rely on Tyron is beyond me Hes ok for a game or 2 then reverts back into beat up category. The back ups are just that back ups but maybe by the end of the year they get better. I think the interior is ok but a good Dline can give them problems especially at center his base isnt strong enough against the leagues premier players but few are so Ill give him a pass.

They really need to do a better job at scheming their runs. While i know they have to run up thr middle some they have better succes on edge and if the run game dont improve and its all on dak and the passing game again its gonna be tough sledding.JMO

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I agree that this young team has talent and has some key players still baking in the oven. What I’m not convinced of yet is this team’s overall mental toughness to overcome the adversity all great teams must have to be great.

Hopefully they will be just that.
Yeah that part is where the aforementioned "one or two guys" comes in. Dak, Micah, D-Law and CeeDee .. maybe Zack, Gilmore and LVE. That group needs to steady the ship when the waters get rough as we know they will. I think Dak has the toughest task because he needs to be the fire-y leader at times but the calming presence at others. But that's what is expected when you're making 2.5 million dollars a game..

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Yeah that part is where the aforementioned "one or two guys" comes in. Dak, Micah, D-Law and CeeDee .. maybe Zack, Gilmore and LVE. That group needs to steady the ship when the waters get rough as we know they will. I think Dak has the toughest task because he needs to be the fire-y leader at times but the calming presence at others. But that's what is expected when you're making 2.5 million dollars a game..
And sitting by himself with his head down when things ain't working just ain't sending a good message to the team. If he looks defeated, the rest of the team loses faith. Dak has the talent. He just needs to pull himself up by the bootstraps and fill the team with confidence.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
And sitting by himself with his head down when things ain't working just ain't sending a good message to the team. If he looks defeated, the rest of the team loses faith. Dak has the talent. He just needs to pull himself up by the bootstraps and fill the team with confidence.
I assume he's doing that to gather himself and so as not to completely lose it.. but I contend that sometimes he needs to lose it. I think the team will rally around him if he does. Being a good leader isn't always about being nice.

Jipper

Reaction score

Yup, I do not belive they can win anything except games in season against average opponents...show me something different this Sunday and will go from there.

Dak blew it 3 times in 20 months against the 49ers and I am still struggling to get past that one...I will however give credit where due if they surprise us Sunday.