Mr. Brady come on down

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is amazing how some believe that Brady will have zero struggles going from a system he has always known to another.

Does anyone believe that McCarthy is just going to do what John Fox did, which is just turn his offense over to the QB?

I really believe some of you guys either don't have the capacity to think or just don't understand how things work.

This Brady talk really takes stupid offseason chatter to a new level and it is intellectually offensive.
The fact he’d be surrounded by an All Star cast on offense I think would be the positive spin.

How do you think he does in NE with our All Pro OL, league leading caliber RB and WR1?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The fact he’d be surrounded by an All Star cast on offense I think would be the positive spin.

How do you think he does in NE with our All Pro OL, league leading caliber RB and WR1?
Your comments were almost like you didn't read my post at all.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea but the closer you get to that Elite caliber QB the easier it is to build around it.

How much more can we surround this QB on offense? Now we need an Elite Defense I guess. And why this contract negotiation is so critical.

With rare exception you need either an Elite QB or defense. We have neither and we are investing the bulk of our Cap on offense which can’t carry defense further.

Im confused on what our priority is in team building. What are we’re doing?
I personally don't think Wentz or Goff or Cousins or most others that are outside the very small circle of "elite" are any closer to elite than Dak is. Obviously reasonable people can disagree on what order the QBs outside of that circle fall into, but to me, regardless of the order of the next 5-8 places, the differences are pretty incremental. Accordingly, why take the risk of ending up with a Jake Locker or Paxton Lynch and doing significant harm to your team in an effort to find a QB that would be unlikely to be anything more than incrementally better than the one you have, if that?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I personally don't think Wentz or Goff or Cousins or most others that are outside the very small circle of "elite" are any closer to elite than Dak is. Obviously reasonable people can disagree on what order the QBs outside of that circle fall into, but to me, regardless of the order of the next 5-8 places, the differences are pretty incremental. Accordingly, why take the risk of ending up with a Jake Locker or Paxton Lynch and doing significant harm to your team in an effort to find a QB that would be unlikely to be anything more than incrementally better than the one you have, if that?
Providing the poor alternatives is like a fear factor tactic.

In the end if these recent results is what we are fighting to maintain because we’re afraid to take a risk for something better then the comfort of this current status isn’t attractive to me.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Why are you such a coward on this issue? You only bring up the negative when there is also a chance to get the positive. Ask KC who got rid of their Dak and nobody would question if they did better. I don't get people like you using this scary logic to justify your pov.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Providing the poor alternatives is like a fear factor tactic.

In the end if these recent results is what we are fighting to maintain because we’re afraid to take a risk for something better then the comfort of this current status isn’t attractive to me.
Who said anything about protecting the recent results? I'm talking about building. Most QBs don't win a Super Bowl in their first 4 season, even elite ones.

And you have to realistically look at odds of improving your QB situation before deciding to make a change. Again, there really are only 5 current QBs that have proven in their careers to be capable of overcoming more team deficiencies than most, and it takes going back 15-20 years to find when 3 of them were drafted, and 9 years to find whn a 4th was drafted. These guys aren't growing on trees. It's really like finding a needle in a haystack, and teams have to be aware of that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who said anything about protecting the recent results? I'm talking about building. Most QBs don't win a Super Bowl in their first 4 season, even elite ones.

And you have to realistically look at odds of improving your QB situation before deciding to make a change. Again, there really are only 5 current QBs that have proven in their careers to be capable of overcoming more team deficiencies than most, and it takes going back 15-20 years to find when 3 of them were drafted, and 9 years to find whn a 4th was drafted. These guys aren't growing on trees. It's really like finding a needle in a haystack, and teams have to be aware of that.
Take away Dak rookie season . Are we really as invested in him?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why are you such a coward on this issue? You only bring up the negative when there is also a chance to get the positive. Ask KC who got rid of their Dak and nobody would question if they did better. I don't get people like you using this scary logic to justify your pov.
Coward? lol. Are you playing internet tough guy?

Okay, let me ask you this. When a team that is 11-2 plays a team that is 2-11, if someone offers to bet you $10,000 on a heads up bet (no points given) and he takes the 11-2 and you have to take the 2-11 team, are you a "coward" of you don't take him up on it? After all, there is a "chance" the 2-11 team could win, so why wouldn't you take that bet?

The obvious answers is you have to understand reality and the odds. And that's what I'm saying with the Cowboys.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Coward? lol. Are you playing internet tough guy?

Okay, let me ask you this. When a team that is 11-2 plays a team that is 2-11, if someone offers to bet you $10,000 on a heads up bet (no points given) and he takes the 11-2 and you have to take the 2-11 team, are you a "coward" of you don't take him up on it? After all, there is a "chance" the 2-11 team could win, so why wouldn't you take that bet?

The obvious answers is you have to understand reality and the odds. And that's what I'm saying with the Cowboys.
No internet tough guy. You act like I wouldn't call you a coward on this issue to your face. I've done it to many others and some have said similar to me. We all know its not some referendum on our whole existence but maybe you're insecure and think it is.

I do understand reality and odds and I understand Dak isn't that good so unless you draft an outright turd you'll be alright. Take your bogus Vegas Vick stuff elsewhere because it doesn't equate when Dak as a QB isn't some "11-2" player. That's the only way it makes sense.

starfan1

Reaction score
not about risk taking and fear tactic its about needs and KC put themselves in much better position using FA and draft that they could take a chance on a QB.Chicago has to be kicking themselves.We are not just a Patrick Mahomes away. And frankly im not sure Patrick would be Patrick under Garrett but I guess anythings possible

nobody

Reaction score
I don’t think brady will come here. I do think he may want to see if he can win in a different team that’s not with bellycheat. He was a 49ers fan as a kid and hates us.

While I don't want Brady here, I think he'd absolutely play for Dallas if they offered him the starting job. Players want to play and start. Everyone knows his age and saw his decline in ability. He knows this might be his last chance, so there's probably no way he turns down a starting job if offered unless multiple teams contact him. Then it's a matter of who offers what and little things like "Does that state have income tax" etc.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Too bad the offense with way more high and expensive draft capital can't help the not as good defense. That's how it works. Maybe the offensive players can view the film in HD and in Dolby of course.

Madden. Pfft. I won't save it son you need to hear the truth since your tv didn't obviously show it to you.

Uhhl.. Okay. LOL. Geeze. Whatever.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
If its all that why do you feel the need to respond? Guess you just want the last word eh? Go ahead you can have with your non hd tv
Nothing left to discuss. You have an opinion. I have mine. I believe you have some good points. I don't agree with your assessment on the defense. No need to get nasty insulting TVs now.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Nothing left to discuss. You have an opinion. I have mine. I believe you have some good points. I don't agree with your assessment on the defense. No need to get nasty insulting TVs now.
I apologize to your tv sir. The assessment on the D is provable with stats and also watching the games but if you don't want to agree its cool. We all have our pov on issues. Good day sir

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No internet tough guy. You act like I wouldn't call you a coward on this issue to your face. I've done it to many others and some have said similar to me. We all know its not some referendum on our whole existence but maybe you're insecure and think it is.

I do understand reality and odds and I understand Dak isn't that good so unless you draft an outright turd you'll be alright. Take your bogus Vegas Vick stuff elsewhere because it doesn't equate when Dak as a QB isn't some "11-2" player. That's the only way it makes sense.
"Coward" is a stupid word intended to shame someone. On the internet. lol - it's laughable that you think it helps you make a point.

As for your assessment of Dak, we will have to agree to disagree. Dak it not elite, but he's not low end where it's an easy task to replace him with someone that will be "okay".

But even if, as you claim, we could just draft somebody and we will be okay as long as they aren't a "turd", (A) If "we will be okay" is all you get, what's the point of taking the risk? and (B) look at the history of drafting QBs with the 17 pick or later in the draft. It's loaded with turds - a whole boatload more than are better than Dak.

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Worth a watch here and this move if it happens would put us in Superbowl contention!

If Brady were to come to Dallas the whole team would celebrate! all 53 players would pick him up from the airport. Zeke would probably break all rushing records and Amari and the other WRs wouldnt have to make half a dozen circus catches every game. The oline wouldnt have to block for 6 sec every play. Brady would have a clean jersey every game. Its a win win for everyone.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
"Coward" is a stupid word intended to shame someone. On the internet. lol - it's laughable that you think it helps you make a point.

As for your assessment of Dak, we will have to agree to disagree. Dak it not elite, but he's not low end where it's an easy task to replace him with someone that will be "okay".

But even if, as you claim, we could just draft somebody and we will be okay as long as they aren't a "turd", (A) If "we will be okay" is all you get, what's the point of taking the risk? and (B) look at the history of drafting QBs with the 17 pick or later in the draft. It's loaded with turds - a whole boatload more than are better than Dak.
Its not intended to shame someone. You just feel insecure because you know I'm right in this instance so you make it more than what it is. Coward means exactly what I used it for. I would call you worse but we are on a family site. End of the day its all the same you're rationale for not getting rid of Dak is coward logic. You don't like it? Its okay you'll live. What the hell are you talking about on the Internet? Buddy you're the one that said Internet tough guy and I was just saying I'm not that.

Yeah we will definitely agree to disagree because he's definitely low end where anybody that is ok as an nfl QB could replace him. Get any of his football brothers in here and there won't be much drop off at all.

Dang Mcfly have you ever took a risk in your life? Can't believe you'd ask such a stupid question. The point of taking the risk is you may get better and if the worse you'll be is at the same level (aka not making the playoffs) why not try something different? Can't believe this has to be toyed out. I understand its been a lot of turds drafted at 17 but just because the next person failed doesn't mean I will. I'd even understand more if this was true life or death consequences but its football and that means I'm definitely trying to get better instead of being like some of y'all and sticking with the equivalent of the first girl that let y'all kiss her just because.