Multiple anonymous current Cowboys players take parting shots at Linehan

cern

Reaction score
Yes interesting. Like your unfounded post that Cole Beasley is one of the anonymous players. guess it's okay to throw the players under the bus but never Jason Garrett
agreed. Beasley made his pronouncements publicly. why would he now say something underhanded? cooper made his remarks with his facial expression. he didn't even need words to say it. hurns said so publicly. and who knows that it wasn't t.will? it could have been.

cern

Reaction score
they probably moved linehan into the booth upstairs at the request of certain players.

Reaction score
Bye Felinehan ..

Despite a quarterback who is at least above-average in Dak Prescott and arguably the best running back in the game in Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas had one of the most simplistic and uncreative offenses in the NFL.

After Linehan was axed after four seasons guiding the Cowboys offense, several anonymous Cowboys players said he added "nothing" to the offense.

Harsh? Well, not really.

Even with the midseason kick in the butt Amari Cooper provided, Dallas was a below-average offense. They ranked 22nd in points scored, 22nd in total yards, and 23rd in passing yards. Despite having Elliott in the backfield, they just barely cracked the top 10 in rushing yards.

With Linehan finally gone, we will finally get to see what Prescott will look like in a more creative, innovative offense.

You know what to do:
www.12up.com/posts/6274788-multiple-anonymous-cowboys-take-parting-shot-at-fired-oc-scott-linehan

I agree with you 100%

The Eagles game where Amari spoke out about changing his route, saying the call wasn’t going to work, had me wanting Linehan gone.

Can’t wait to see this offense blossom

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He had no business keeping that job after 2015. Ultimately it is Jerry’s fault.

Seattle game last year was the final straw for me...And looking @ everything that has transpired now...I feel like 2018 was a wasted year. But I guess it was necassary to see we needed to finally move on...and hopefully this is the start in the right direction w/ Kellen Moore as OC.;)

The Natural

Reaction score
The decision makers have no one to blame but themselves. The writing was on the wall that Linehan wasnt coaching **** and they double down by giving him even more responsibility and cache in who stays and who goes. A day late and a dollar short like usual.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Let's not get it twisted here... Garrett is a fraud too and we won't truly find ourselves progressing from here until both dumb and dumber are gone.

You forgot dumbest. He sits in a box, owns the Cowboys, initials JJ. He is the biggest impediment. You don't get much progress without him realizing that player perception of power dynamic is real and that they are not stupid.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Linehan was the biggest surrounding piece and he was/is a fraud.This move is long overdue. So I have no sympathy for a guy who made plenty of money not adjusting his offense to his talent at the QB position.

Next...
I stand by my belief that there were times Linehan was bad, but more often than not he called plays to what Dak can do and avoided what he couldn't do. There's pieces out there showing Linehan called receivers open all day and Dak was struggling...and bad.

I also feel like Linehan's issues stemmed from JG more than himself, which is why I said don't expect Dak to look any better next season. Too many people around here think we should be running Dak like RG3 every play and that's not how it works. And when Dak doesn't run they blame coaches (if the lane and opportunity is there, that is 100% on the QB to decide to run).

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Bye Felinehan ..

Despite a quarterback who is at least above-average in Dak Prescott and arguably the best running back in the game in Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas had one of the most simplistic and uncreative offenses in the NFL.

After Linehan was axed after four seasons guiding the Cowboys offense, several anonymous Cowboys players said he added "nothing" to the offense.

Harsh? Well, not really.

Even with the midseason kick in the butt Amari Cooper provided, Dallas was a below-average offense. They ranked 22nd in points scored, 22nd in total yards, and 23rd in passing yards. Despite having Elliott in the backfield, they just barely cracked the top 10 in rushing yards.

With Linehan finally gone, we will finally get to see what Prescott will look like in a more creative, innovative offense.

You know what to do:
www.12up.com/posts/6274788-multiple-anonymous-cowboys-take-parting-shot-at-fired-oc-scott-linehan

Well, if Jane Slater said it, make bank on it

LOL

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
they probably moved linehan into the booth upstairs at the request of certain players.

Maybe they were trying 1 last time to help linehan help himself by being upstairs and seeing defenses better in hopes he called the game better. Linehan was useless on the sideline since he wanted 0 input from anyone.

Them

Reaction score
...Not sure who the new OC will be...hopefully he'll get the job done better....also hope these players will be held responsible for their costly penalties., for they are a very undisciplined team...and I don't wanna hear about any of that "Hot Boyz" or "Finish the fight" crapaola...just play better ball in the reg. season, and especially in the playoffs.
:D