Murray advice to Zeke

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe then again maybe not. Dallas had Dez contract coming up and they were not going to pay Murray the 8 mill a year he was looking for.

When Zeke's contract is coming up in a few years I doubt they will want to pay him what he is looking for either... especially if he is heavily used during his current contract.

kevm3

Reaction score
I don't blame Murray for taking the money. RB is one of the most physical positions in the game and they have a shorter shelf life than most other players. They are also devalued because teams feel they are replaceable... so you have to get the money when it's there.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Can't be mad at DMarc for giving that advice. I was never upset at him for taking the money. NFL careers are short for RB's and you got to get it when you can.

Classy move DMarc, thank you.

I agree. He was only looking out for his financial security. The only knock I have against him is saying he was going to a team where he could win a Super Bowl.
I'm like, "Dude, you just got signed by the :igglestrophy:."

cowboys2233

Reaction score
the advice also had:

P.S. dont get greedy and take a bunch of money to go to philty...that was a dumb move.

Yes, setting up his family and future generations for life...such a bad move. How on earth anyone can blame him for taking the money Philly offered him is mind boggling. Of course he wanted to stay with the Cowboys, he wasn't given a viable choice.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Yes, setting up his family and future generations for life...such a bad move. How on earth anyone can blame him for taking the money Philly offered him is mind boggling. Of course he wanted to stay with the Cowboys, he wasn't given a viable choice.

I can set all of mine up with $5 mil or less....I dont need $50+ mil to do so.

erod

Reaction score
The only two interested teams willing to pay Murray all that money were Oakland and Chip Kelly.

I feel awesome about it now. I didn't really want him gone, but I knew he wasn't worth anywhere near that contract. I was fine seeing him leave in the end.

And now....I'm tickled to death. We now get to watch a vastly more talented running back who is 7 years younger for a lesser annual cap hit.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only two interested teams willing to pay Murray all that money were Oakland and Chip Kelly.

I feel awesome about it now. I didn't really want him gone, but I knew he wasn't worth anywhere near that contract. I was fine seeing him leave in the end.

And now....I'm tickled to death. We now get to watch a vastly more talented running back who is 7 years younger for a lesser annual cap hit.
Jacksonville was also interested in Murray. It's questionable how much they were willing to sign him but the Jaguars had the cap room to make a convincing offer.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
In all seriousness, Murray understood the business side of the game and, no matter how much we harp on loyalty, there is no such thing on the management side of the game.

The organization never really acted like they wanted him back. Can't blame him although I hated he went to Philly. Wish him well in Tenn.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I wish DeMarco well in Tennessee. Not so much in Philly, not on a team level anyway.
But for the Titans, I wish him well.

I also agree I now can be a murray fan again and hope he has great healthy season.

jnday

Reaction score
I figure the only advice that Murray could give him is not to leave, just fon't ever leave.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
and don't sign up for 400 carries in a contract year - you may get paid at first, but you may end up as spray tan.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
why? so Zeke can learn to false start all the time?

i kid i kid..