Murray traded to Titans

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Eagles won't suffer DeMarco Murray's contract beyond the 2016 season.

He will count $4M in dead money this year, the remainder of his signing bonus, while the rest of his contract will transfer to the Titans.

Philadelphia paid Murray $9M to rush for 700 yards last year, buy hey, they got him out of Dallas.

When the trade goes through, it will actually open up more than $3.5M in cap space once a new contract is added to take Murray's spot.

4 million in dead money is a big deal no? That's a starter in this league.

yimyammer

Reaction score

It would have cost them 7M+ to keep him, so they're 3M+ in cap room better off getting rid of him (assuming the terms mentioned here are correct), plus they got a 3rd round pick out of the deal.

Imo, 3M+ cap room and basically an extra 2nd round pick is damn good considering the corner they backed themselves into

plus they freed up a roster spot

cant believe Tennessee did this

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It would have cost them 7M+ to keep him, so they're 3M+ in cap room better off getting rid of him (assuming the terms mentioned here are correct), plus they got a 3rd round pick out of the deal.

Imo, 3M+ cap room and basically an extra 2nd round pick is damn good considering the corner they backed themselves into

plus they freed up a roster spot

cant believe Tennessee did this

Oh i'm not disagreeing about the move. They came out on top. Shocked they got a 3rd rounder for him.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Oh i'm not disagreeing about the move. They came out on top. Shocked they got a 3rd rounder for him.

me too, seems idiotic to me

just goes to show theres always an idiot with no patience or common sense in free agency

I could have understood throwing a bone of a 7th round pick if the Titans weren't obligated to any guaranteed money in taking over Murrays contract, then they basically have him on a year to year deal they can easily walk away from

Bluefin

Reaction score

Not in this case.

It's half of what DeMarco Murray was going to count if on the roster.

Philadelphia will save over $3.5M against the 2016 salary cap, gets out of Murray's awful contract and netted a 3rd round draft pick to do so while getting rid of a player who didn't want to be on the team.

dstew60105

Reaction score
I remember the same radio station reporting that they got the Rams first in the Bradford deal so I'll believe it when I see it.

Yeah, I'd be shocked if they gave up more then a 5th. Philly was looking to dump the contract more than anything.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
me too, seems idiotic to me

just goes to show theres always an idiot with no patience or common sense in free agency

I could have understood throwing a bone of a 7th round pick if the Titans weren't obligated to any guaranteed money in taking over Murrays contract, then they basically have him on a year to year deal they can easily walk away from

Well see that's what I thought it was. I thought okay the Titans clearly know that Murray is going to get cut. So his value is NOTHING. They don't want him. He was the 3rd best running back on the roster. How on earth did they net a 64th overall pick? It seems like people go full stupid when everyone else is involved but us.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Well see that's what I thought it was. I thought okay the Titans clearly know that Murray is going to get cut. So his value is NOTHING. They don't want him. He was the 3rd best running back on the roster. How on earth did they net a 64th overall pick? It seems like people go full stupid when everyone else is involved but us.

Its insane if true, hopefully we find out they didn't give up a high pick.

I'd like them to keep it so they can give it or their 2nd rounder to Dallas in order to sign Leary

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
I think I had too much wine tonight, I thought I read Philly did something smart.

robjay04

Reaction score
good luck 29

bad luck birds.

Yeah I actually have no ill will towards Murray. He screwed the Eagles, he is probably as hated by that fan base as Michael Irvin at this point. I can root for him to succeed as a player now just to make Eagle fans even more bitter.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
People are going to give themselves a heart attack doing that lol. Panicking over a simple trade of Murray lol. Only thing worse would've been if we traded for him lol.

Another team makes a move and the leaders of the Summer's Eve Crew have rallied a summit with their constituents? You don't say.

I'll let you in on a little secret: If the script was flipped and the Cowboys were doing the same thing they would still be whining like a pack of *****es. The difference would be that they wouldn't be praising the team for dumping the contract or getting draft compensation for it. They'd be whining about the fact that the player was signed anyway and completely ignore that they were "Smart enough to get out of the deal. And ******, look at the 4 million in dead cap money that they have to eat this year. Jones has no idea what he is doing!"

So predictable and old.

foreverdouchebags#

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score

Could that package that #64 3rd rd pick w/ #13 to move up to 1, 2, or 3 to get a guy like Ramsey or Zeke or Treadwell?