Murray traded to Titans

Sydla

Reaction score
Another team makes a move and the leaders of the Summer's Eve Crew have rallied a summit with their constituents? You don't say.

I'll let you in on a little secret: If the script was flipped and the Cowboys were doing the same thing they would still be whining like a pack of *****es. The difference would be that they wouldn't be praising the team for dumping the contract or getting draft compensation for it. They'd be whining about the fact that the player was signed anyway and completely ignore that they were "Smart enough to got out of the deal. And ******, look at the 4 million in dead cap money they they have to eat this year. Jones has no idea what he is doing!"

So predictable and old.

foreverdouchebags#

Except many here are saying they want Carr cut which would result in dead money.

So your post makes no sense.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Jerry wanted Murray but opted out because the Titans went up to a 3rd. How could anyone criticize this Front Office move specifically, it's just hating.

Last edited:

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Except many here are saying they want Carr cut which would result in dead money.

So your post makes no sense.

And you're right. They do want him cut................now. Instead of limiting the cap hit by designating him a June 1st cut. Rocket surgeons.

I could care less when he gets cut. I'm just not going to bother whining about it.

MikeT22

Reaction score
I had felt the Titans could be interested in Derek Henry early in the 2nd, but that won't be the case now. There's now a better chance he's available to us at #34 if we're interested.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Another team makes a move and the leaders of the Summer's Eve Crew have rallied a summit with their constituents? You don't say.

I'll let you in on a little secret: If the script was flipped and the Cowboys were doing the same thing they would still be whining like a pack of *****es. The difference would be that they wouldn't be praising the team for dumping the contract or getting draft compensation for it. They'd be whining about the fact that the player was signed anyway and completely ignore that they were "Smart enough to get out of the deal. And ******, look at the 4 million in dead cap money that they have to eat this year. Jones has no idea what he is doing!"

So predictable and old.

foreverdouchebags#

HA! You're right. I just noticed that its the same handful.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I had felt the Titans could be interested in Derek Henry early in the 2nd, but that won't be the case now. There's now a better chance he's available to us at #34 if we're interested.

I didn't think so. They have like 3 backs of his caliber on their roster. Unless they feel they won't amount to anything but its a bit early.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

yea, first thing I thought of

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

ALERT - You might be thinking that the Cowboys completed a trade for Murray with the Eagles before the Eagles traded him to the Titans. I can confirm they did NOT. Talked to all parties involved. In whispers.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Could that package that #64 3rd rd pick w/ #13 to move up to 1, 2, or 3 to get a guy like Ramsey or Zeke or Treadwell?

They supposedly swapped places with MIA and went from 13 to 8 with the Maxwell/Browner trade.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
4 million in dead money is a big deal no? That's a starter in this league.

They were committing 8m to Murray to be a backup/RBBC.
Now they can sign another starter with the 4m in space they gained.

The 4m is a sunk cost. He only counted 5m against the cap last year instead of 9m like he should have.
They rolled over 8m from 2015, so they net cost is 0m.

RS12

Reaction score
One thing I notice about teams in the NFL is not only how many mistakes they make, but also how they cope with them.

Like them or not, the Eagles decided to let the whole reactor melt down and start over and quick.

Patriots do the same thing.

And interestingly enough, it is not crippling them in the least.

Quiet, wouldnt want to wake the sheeple from their 20 year slumber.