Music - Best live performance during your lifetime; your opinion

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I saw, and hung out with, Chris Robinson, his brother, and the rest of the Black Crowes outside a bar in Syracuse NY, JUST before they hit it big. We shot the **** for about an hour then went inside and watched them play for 3 hours. Great band and a great bunch of guys. I remember asking Chris "so who do you guys sound like, The Faces" and he responded, "We sound like the Black Crowes man" ..... Great night from what I remember.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Best show ever for me was Aerosmith.9 lives tour.

There is a band called Kix that always blew me away live.They were really big around the East coast back in the day.

Loudest was Jackyl.

In my "trying to be a rockstar" days we opened for Jackyl and I agree. They were the loudest band that I had heard to that point (Bullet for my Valentine is a damned close second).

Jackyl opened their show to the "soundtrack" of a cattle stampede that was absolutely deafening. It didn't get any quieter once the music started.

crazyeddie

Reaction score
In my "trying to be a rockstar" days we opened for Jackyl and I agree. They were the loudest band that I had heard to that point (Bullet for my Valentine is a damned close second).

Jackyl opened their show to the "soundtrack" of a cattle stampede that was absolutely deafening. It didn't get any quieter once the music started.
Yup,that's what they opened with when I saw them too.

I saw them in a little bar called Fiddlestix in Milton,Pa.

Being in a smaller building made it all the louder.Jackyl still is a great band

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Best in my lifetime? Probably this:

Best that I've personally been to? I saw Steven Wilson here in Seattle last year and it just blew me away. When it was over, I didn't want to leave.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Yup,that's what they opened with when I saw them too.

I saw them in a little bar called Fiddlestix in Milton,Pa.

Being in a smaller building made it all the louder.Jackyl still is a great band

Same here we opened for them in a small room in Bismarck, ND. Don't remember the name of the club. Great time. I got to join them for the song Locked and Loaded. When we opened we played Have a Drink on Me by AC/DC to close our set. The sound guy stopped me on the way off the stage and asked if I wanted to sing Brian Johnson's parts in Locked and Loaded. I had never heard it before so he gave me a copy of the CD and I went to the van and learned his parts in about 30 minutes. I joined the band towards the end of their set. Great experience and a great group of guys (except the drummer. He kept trying to hit on my girlfriend *now my wife* and get her to join him on the bus. He was a little pissed that she laughed at him).

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
Best show I have seen was 2 years ago at the Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow VA. It was the XL Tour for both Bad Company and Lynyrd Skynyrd. They also had Black Stone Cherry open for them. It was awesome to see 2 hall of fame band on the same stage celebrating their 40th year.

crazyeddie

Reaction score
Same here we opened for them in a small room in Bismarck, ND. Don't remember the name of the club. Great time. I got to join them for the song Locked and Loaded. When we opened we played Have a Drink on Me by AC/DC to close our set. The sound guy stopped me on the way off the stage and asked if I wanted to sing Brian Johnson's parts in Locked and Loaded. I had never heard it before so he gave me a copy of the CD and I went to the van and learned his parts in about 30 minutes. I joined the band towards the end of their set. Great experience and a great group of guys (except the drummer. He kept trying to hit on my girlfriend *now my wife* and get her to join him on the bus. He was a little pissed that she laughed at him).
That's pretty wild!

The Drummer played in his underwear at the show I saw.That's pretty slimey of him to hit on your girl.

I saw them in 1997-98?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
That's pretty wild!

The Drummer played in his underwear at the show I saw.That's pretty slimey of him to hit on your girl.

I saw them in 1997-98?

Yeah the drummer always plays in his underwear.

Musicians are slimy by nature.

Yeah we opened for them in 98.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I'll tell you skinsscalper,that really cool you got to jam with them.That's a bucket list type moment.:)

Definitely was, bro. We had a lot of fun on the road. Opened for Tesla in Iowa, Vince Neil's Band in Colorado, Quiet Riot (though Frankie Banalli was the only original member) in Minnesota. Our agent was getting us some fun gigs. Wouldn't trade those experiences for anything in the world, man.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Probably the most fun and electric concert i went to was the Ozzy Osbourne / Motley Crue concert in Houston in 1984.

That place was rocking ..Ozzy dropped Crue from the tour shortly after because they were stealing his thunder.

Judas Priest ..AC/DC and Triumph also put on phenomenal concerts back in the 80's..

crazyeddie

Reaction score
While this isn't a live viewing of my next most memorable music moment, it still gives me goosebumps when I see it.

U2s SB halftime show after 9/11_was absolutely incredible. The song "Where The Streets Have No Name" was one of the best songs for that moment.

BTW,I don't consider myself a fan of U2,but that was an incredible performance.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
This is before i was born, but its a gem and not easy to find on the net. Enjoy.

Skullmiester

Reaction score
Jimmy Page on his Outrrider tour at Newcastle City Hall, UK in November 1988 was as special as it gets for me.

Was too young and missed Zeppelin by a few years so to be in the front row and to watch a living legend up that close was mindblowing.

Highlight of the night was during the instrumental version of Stairway, and while he was playing the solo, he came right down to the front of the stage where we were and teased us with double neck while we were leaping about like there was no tomorrow, I remember I started to laugh at him and then started to he laugh before wheeling away to another part of the stage.

For someone who worships Zeppelin and it's music it was as special as it gets.

WhizKid

Reaction score
So, this will be random. But five shows I REALLY enjoyed (not in order):

1) System of a Down (Great show, and they sound just like their album)
2) Earth, Wind, and Fire (Seen them twice, talented musicians, and incredible vocal range)
3) Brian Mcknight (Small venue, dude is very talented)
4) Vampire Weekend (Outside Lands, surprisingly very entertaining and sound like their album)

PBCCowboy

Reaction score
Iron Maiden in May 2008,Somewhere Back in Time World Tour in San Antonio,TX.
I was in fourth or fifth row,pretty close to the stage.They surpassed my expectations.That was the 3rd time I had seen them,but this time it was magical.

Also,PanterA in July 2001,van Andel Arena,Grand Rapids,MI...it was one of their last shows.They were tight....what a show.

QT

Reaction score

Nice... Been to many of their concerts... Zoo TV indoor (Reunion Arena) and outdoor (Texas Stadium)... Pop Tour (Cotton Bowl)... Elevation Tour at AT&T stadium...and flew to MSG to see the most recent tour in 2016.

Would have loved to see the Joshua Tour or the Red Rocks concert they had.