Music Icon Prince Dead at 57

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Completely horrendous loss. What a great musician and song writer and performer. Genius is used way too often, but this man had mad skills

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Devout Jehovah's Witness... he was also known to go door-to-door and proselytize at times. How would you like to open up your door to Prince handing out Watch Tower material... lol

I'd do what I always do. But I might ask him to sign my copy of 1999.

gambit187

Reaction score
My fellow Cowboy fans, over the last few years this has been the place where I have come when I am happy or sad. My hurt is truly broken today. I loved this man, his music and what he stood for. I remember in 86 and 87 dragging my sister to see Under The Cherry Moon and A Sign of The Times. Yesterday my mother called me in tears we cried on the phone for 30 minutes. Then my 20 year old son called me crying and playing Prince tunes on his guitar. Both my daughters mothers called me crying because my two daughters were conceived while Prince music played in the background. Prince in the 80's gave a skinny, buck tooth kid lots of swagger and bravado. His music helped me through a War at 20, helped me through break-ups and 2 divorces. Prince music has been in my ears my entire life, it was timeless, emotional, healing, joyous, energizing and much much more to me. R.I.P. Prince....THANK YOU

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
He apparently stopped taking his medication because of his religious beliefs. He was a devout 7th Day Adventist, I believe.

And he wasn't gay. He dated tons of hot famous girls.

Rock Hudson was married, just saying

JDSmith

Reaction score
More so than Michael Jackson?

I'd have to stew on that one.

I don't even think it's close. Prince was much more brilliant that Michael Jackson. How many instruments did MJ play on his albums? Prince could do everything. Let's put it this way, if Prince recorded Beat It he wouldn't have needed Eddie Van Halen to do a guitar solo for him, he would have simply done it himself.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't even think it's close. Prince was much more brilliant that Michael Jackson. How many instruments did MJ play on his albums? Prince could do everything. Let's put it this way, if Prince recorded Beat It he wouldn't have needed Eddie Van Halen to do a guitar solo for him, he would have simply done it himself.

You make a good point. I think the term "artist" encompasses several attributes.

JDSmith

Reaction score
You make a good point. I think the term "artist" encompasses several attributes.

I'm not taking anything away from Michael Jackson, because I think he was a phenomenal performer. I just think Prince was so talented in so many ways, from playing and singing to song writing. Just look at the songs he wrote and gave away to other artists that they had hits with.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I'm not taking anything away from Michael Jackson, because I think he was a phenomenal performer. I just think Prince was so talented in so many ways, from playing and singing to song writing. Just look at the songs he wrote and gave away to other artists that they had hits with.
You make a lot of good points. You are forgetting about how MJ had influenced generations of choreography and music videos.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You make a lot of good points. You are forgetting about how MJ had influenced generations of choreography and music videos.

You hit upon the word for MJ... "Influencer".

Maybe Prince was the greatest artist but MJ was the greatest influencer. Singing, dancing and the ability to create an amazing video– Jackson was at the top of the class.

But anyway both passed away too young.

Passepartout

Reaction score
Remembered when Purple Rain came on out in 1984. I was ten and now I am 41-years old. Really he was such an influential person. May he RIP!

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
T7BApgy.png

kimrose

Reaction score

I am 100% sure this is just a BAITING post, but I will go ahead and bite. What the hell is wrong with you?? If you didn't like Prince, what the hell are you doing in this thread?? Is it just to show yourself out like this?? Show what kind of human you really are?? Because you are not gaining any points or likes by doing this. Just saying. For a man of your age, one would think that you would know better than to play these kinds of candy *** "look at me" games. But I guess for some people, you just never reach the level of class, respect, or maturity.

And just to be clear here, you have not only disrespected Prince and his legacy, but you have also disrespected Will Smith and his.

Last edited: