My all-time most hated football cliche/terms/sayings

MrMom

Reaction score
I hate when announcers talk about young QBs with poise. When Kyle Orton played his whole rookie year, it didn't matter how horrible he was playing, because he showed poise.

It's 3rd and 7, he still throws a two yard pass to his rb, but he showed great poise back there!

MrMom

Reaction score
Rudy;2413964 said:
Pluralizing players name
"When you have the Demarcus Ware's, the Michael Strahan's, and the Reggie White's of the league..."
or when they put an "A" in front of their names...
"Life can be simpler with A Tony Romo or A Brett Favre"
Drives me nuts!
or the phrase, which all of a sudden is in EVERY DC.com article "all but over" or "all but finished." Enough with the "all but's!"

Chief;2414342 said:
Madden: "If I was going to start a herd of football players, I would have Brett Favre do the breeding."

Soon, these announcers will be talking about how well hung the players are. Too bad Charles Haley isn't still playing.

:laugh2:

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
C'mon, friends of language. What are your most hated cliches/sayings/terms that Cowboys and NFL players come up with?

Dig deep within you, make it a gut check. Hep me out, friends of the language.

:p:[/quote]

The cowboys have to get back to playing their brand of football. Getting the ball to the TO's, the Jason Wittens, and the Marion Barbers. I hate that! Is there all of a sudden multiple players with the same names.

:bang2:

BlueStar22

Reaction score
MORAL VICTORIES!

WTH! U still lost the game!

You play to win the game!

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Anything Stuart Scott says, ... sick, ridiculous.

He needs to read a book, maybe a dictionary.

I'm sick of him. (that's the way it should be used)