My biggest disappointment from last night

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy lost me as a supporter last night. On three separate occasions Zeke gained at least 6 yards on first down (7, 11, and 6) and the next play was a pass. Each instance was a golden opportunity to a) establish the run game b) get Zeke going and c) get the offensive line some confidence and a bonus d) beat up on the 49er front line. Each time McCarthy acted as if he was annoyed that Zeke had the nerve to be productive on first down and we shifted into a pass set. I knew going into the season that he wasn't exactly Chuck Knox or Marty Schottenheimer but I thought he at least understood the importance of having some semblance of a run game even if you want to pass it 50 times a game. This game convinced me he has no such understanding. We were ahead most of the first half and Zeke was averaging 5 ypc and we had only run the ball 8 times. If ever a game screamed run it to keep them honest and allow our biguns to do some damage this was it. We were ahead, the defense was playing well, and Zeke was running it well. We completely wasted it and allowed the 49ers to stay close until they solved Zimmer's defense.

After watching that game I am left to just look forward to McCarthy being sent packing at the end of the season. He sent Moore away for doing the exact same crap he's doing. The draw play from the 49ers 5 yard line where we didn't think we needed to block Warner about caused me to have an epileptic fit! Sorry Mike.. you gotta go.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mike McCarthy lost me as a supporter last night. On three separate occasions Zeke gained at least 6 yards on first down (7, 11, and 6) and the next play was a pass. Each instance was a golden opportunity to a) establish the run game b) get Zeke going and c) get the offensive line some confidence and a bonus d) beat up on the 49er front line. Each time McCarthy acted as if he was annoyed that Zeke had the nerve to be productive on first down and we shifted into a pass set. I knew going into the season that he wasn't exactly Chuck Knox or Marty Schottenheimer but I thought he at least understood the importance of having some semblance of a run game even if you want to pass it 50 times a game. This game convinced me he has no such understanding. We were ahead most of the first half and Zeke was averaging 5 ypc and we had only run the ball 8 times. If ever a game screamed run it to keep them honest and allow our biguns to do some damage this was it. We were ahead, the defense was playing well, and Zeke was running it well. We completely wasted it and allowed the 49ers to stay close until they solved Zimmer's defense.

After watching that game I am left to just look forward to McCarthy being sent packing at the end of the season. He sent Moore away for doing the exact same crap he's doing. The draw play from the 49ers 5 yard line where we didn't think we needed to block Warner about caused me to have an epileptic fit! Sorry Mike.. you gotta go.
Yeah, that was frustrating. And remember, McCarthy discussed about running the ball more when Kellen Moore left. Ironically, I think we ran the ball more when Kellen was here!! Just can't figure it out.

Praxit

Reaction score

..lol.. yep, Ronnie. I dont agree with Aaron Rodgers on many things. But when he said, Mike has low IQ for football.

I think that's where this comes into play. I felt, after the GB debacle, he should have been let go. Yet, here we are.

DannyWestwood

Reaction score

Agree. There doesn’t seem to be any game plan from game to game.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yeah, that was frustrating. And remember, McCarthy discussed about running the ball more when Kellen Moore left. Ironically, I think we ran the ball more when Kellen was here!! Just can't figure it out.
Yeah I can handle a lot of things but being lied to is a deal breaker. McCarthy lied to us. He is in no way doing what he said he was going to do. And I cannot express how disappointing that is.

CWR

Reaction score

Yup. Every damn time. I was calling it as it happened. He gets into these patterns and is too oblivious to recognize it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
For me it was the Defense. Refs didn’t help either. The said our defender drove the wr into our Safety on that pick play kittle scored the td. That was a pick play.

Also they gave them a td on the qb sneak. Ball was not across the line. And the last play was Pi and they didn’t call it. Turpin needed to catch that ball. Dak threw 2 picks on was a toss up he could have thrown away. The other was just a good play by defender. But we never established the run when Elliot was getting yards. We should have drove it down there throats. But our Defense played poorly..

Sydla

Reaction score
And let's note, that Zeke finished the game averaging 3.4 ypc. So whose to say if he had been given the ball say 6 more times in the first half, he would have been successful?

Seriously, the Zeke love is the funniest thing out there in Cowboys land.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
This exactly.

You want SanFran offense on the bench, specially with our depleted Defense, why not commit to the run?

Run it at Bosa... slow down their pass rush, keep Kittle and Deebo on the bench with long drives, don't go out there trying to complete bombs to dwarf Turpin on the first drive, SMFH

fivetwos

Reaction score
You’re both right.

McCarthy has ZERO COMMITMENT to the run game, no matter whether it’s working or not.

He never even gives it a chance.
Yup.

I have no idea if it’s Coach Jerry’s call or Mikes, but the 2024 Dallas Cowboys are about Dak Prescotts arm.

I suspect someone wants their ROI, but just a guess.