My biggest disappointment from last night

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Defensive? Well...I do tend to do that with my team...not always, just tend to. Why does that shake you so?

And in all honesty, I fell asleep in the 2nd half, I was just going by Ron's indication the Zeke didn't run much later in the game.

My statement stands. These big RBs get more yards later in the game...IF you stay consistent with it. If you disagree with that....maybe it's not "you guys" (me) being defensive.

I missed the 2nd half but MM doesn't do that...ever.
Big RB? Who?

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
And since we are talking about Elliott let’s point out a play that sums up Elliott at this point in his career.

He got a toss early and inexplicably he cut BACK into the LOS for little gain. Either his vision was bad or he knew he was too slow to get outside but it was hilariously bad.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
And calling a delayed draw every 3 plays followed by a lateral pass for zero gain. Worst coach this decade has no advice to offer anyone. And his teams were manhandled against the run just like every other Cowboys team in the last two decades.
yeah I think 'at least' is the wrong word.

It's more like "even Garret understood the importance of physicality on offense". As-in, even an idiot coach knows this.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy lost me as a supporter last night. On three separate occasions Zeke gained at least 6 yards on first down (7, 11, and 6) and the next play was a pass. Each instance was a golden opportunity to a) establish the run game b) get Zeke going and c) get the offensive line some confidence and a bonus d) beat up on the 49er front line. Each time McCarthy acted as if he was annoyed that Zeke had the nerve to be productive on first down and we shifted into a pass set. I knew going into the season that he wasn't exactly Chuck Knox or Marty Schottenheimer but I thought he at least understood the importance of having some semblance of a run game even if you want to pass it 50 times a game. This game convinced me he has no such understanding. We were ahead most of the first half and Zeke was averaging 5 ypc and we had only run the ball 8 times. If ever a game screamed run it to keep them honest and allow our biguns to do some damage this was it. We were ahead, the defense was playing well, and Zeke was running it well. We completely wasted it and allowed the 49ers to stay close until they solved Zimmer's defense.

After watching that game I am left to just look forward to McCarthy being sent packing at the end of the season. He sent Moore away for doing the exact same crap he's doing. The draw play from the 49ers 5 yard line where we didn't think we needed to block Warner about caused me to have an epileptic fit! Sorry Mike.. you gotta go.

If you’ll notice on the flip side when the back up to McCaffrey got dinged his replacement ran over Dallas and Shanahan kept feeding him .

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never called him fat. But he is certainly not big. Some of you guys need to get out and go to a gym every blue moon. It might do you some good.
We talking the same guy? Zeke? Well....how about that. All these years I've heard zndcread zeke is a powerback that would rather run you over than out run ya.

All those people were wrong....he's small. Well golly.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
We talking the same guy? Zeke? Well....how about that. All these years I've heard zndcread zeke is a powerback that would rather run you over than out run ya.

All those people were wrong....he's small. Well golly.
A powerback does not mean a big RB. Again, you guys have a skewed view of what big is.

HungryLion

Reaction score
And since we are talking about Elliott let’s point out a play that sums up Elliott at this point in his career.

He got a toss early and inexplicably he cut BACK into the LOS for little gain. Either his vision was bad or he knew he was too slow to get outside but it was hilariously bad.

He cut back because he knows he didn’t have the speed to get the edge.

That’s the thing. Zeke being in limits the offense because he can’t run outside.

Yet some fans want him to be on the field
Even more. When it’s detrimental to the offense.

Sydla

Reaction score
He cut back because he knows he didn’t have the speed to get the edge.

That’s the thing. Zeke being in limits the offense because he can’t run outside.

Yet some fans want him to be on the field
Even more. When it’s detrimental to the offense.
If Pollard was running that play or, cough cough, Henry............. that's a big gain.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy lost me as a supporter last night. On three separate occasions Zeke gained at least 6 yards on first down (7, 11, and 6) and the next play was a pass. Each instance was a golden opportunity to a) establish the run game b) get Zeke going and c) get the offensive line some confidence and a bonus d) beat up on the 49er front line. Each time McCarthy acted as if he was annoyed that Zeke had the nerve to be productive on first down and we shifted into a pass set. I knew going into the season that he wasn't exactly Chuck Knox or Marty Schottenheimer but I thought he at least understood the importance of having some semblance of a run game even if you want to pass it 50 times a game. This game convinced me he has no such understanding. We were ahead most of the first half and Zeke was averaging 5 ypc and we had only run the ball 8 times. If ever a game screamed run it to keep them honest and allow our biguns to do some damage this was it. We were ahead, the defense was playing well, and Zeke was running it well. We completely wasted it and allowed the 49ers to stay close until they solved Zimmer's defense.

After watching that game I am left to just look forward to McCarthy being sent packing at the end of the season. He sent Moore away for doing the exact same crap he's doing. The draw play from the 49ers 5 yard line where we didn't think we needed to block Warner about caused me to have an epileptic fit! Sorry Mike.. you gotta go.
Bruh zeke rushed for 3.4 ypc last night. He should have been inactive instead of doodle. You're delusional get off his meat tryin to impress his moms

Hadenough

Reaction score
I wasn't disappointed! I knew Dak would lose this game. And Ive been saying Dak is going to get McCarthy fired. Here comes Atlanta, Phili and Houston. Their not winning those games.