My fantasy dream would be for Dak to maybe injure a finger or something minor to keep him out

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well what happens if we lose to the Ravens and Commanders ?
your being a Pessimist !!!!!!!
lol well then there might be another press conference.
The thing is they wanted to end the debate, so only way tony plays now is if dak is hurt, and hopefully tony will be getting ready
for that, instead of being depressed.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Completely agree - like when Bernie Kosar came on when Troy got concussed and beat the 49ers in the NFC Championship game.

Romo is still very important to a potential SB run.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
I would love for Romo to have some participation on the field this year, however I don't want Dak to be injured or playing badly enough for that to happen. So perhaps Dak gets the flu one Sunday. Or we figure out some awesome way to incorporate both QBs in the game plan so opponents will have no clue what to prepare for.

I know, I know. It doesn't work like that.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
My A1 fantasy dream would be for Dak to maybe injure a finger or something minor to keep him out and Romo gets to run the table say from game 13 on through the playoffs. Romo lights it up throughout the playoffs and brings home a SB title from the Patriots. Tony gets his dream SB Title and we roll with Dak going fwd. Love Dak, but he is young and has his whole future ahead of him and he has proved that he is the man. Romo really deserves his last shot with this team...

Thoughts??

My thoughts are that you are feeling sentimental towards Tony Romo but very delusional. Dak injure a finger? Stop what's happening? Romo steps in cold and immediately catches fire... do something he's never done... leading Dallas in the post season. This is not simply a plug and play situation. Dak is doing some very critical things for us right now that aren't necessarily X and O related. My thoughts are that you're living in a crazy fantasy world. Tony may very well need to step in but to risk injury? Dak has his entire career but nothing's a given. We haven't been 8-1 or won 8 straight in a very long time... never in the Romo era.

Romo has been at the helm for 10 YEARS.... TEN YEARS... without competition or consequence. Unfortunately he simply cannot stay on the field or be relied upon for long stretches at this point. That's why we're here. You don't get what you want, you get what you are. Try to deal in reality and not what's "supposed to happen"... With that said, Tony is a stand up guy.

canters

Reaction score
I might get yelled at, but we have a better chance to win with Dak. There I said it. He has made some the throws a 36 y/o Romo cannnot make. I have my cup on, so there it is.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I might get yelled at, but we have a better chance to win with Dak. There I said it. He has made some the throws a 36 y/o Romo cannnot make. I have my cup on, so there it is.

Dak is more of a weapon on deep 50/60 yd throws than Tony.

roughneck266

Reaction score
Which throws were those? I mean, I would have agreed without a second thought had you said his legs give something that Romo cannot, but I havent seen any pass Dak made that Tony couldn't.
Dont think for a second I am trying to say Romo should still be QB, I am not, but I dont agree with your reasoning.

rags747

Reaction score
My thoughts are that you are feeling sentimental towards Tony Romo but very delusional. Dak injure a finger? Stop what's happening? Romo steps in cold and immediately catches fire... do something he's never done... leading Dallas in the post season. This is not simply a plug and play situation. Dak is doing some very critical things for us right now that aren't necessarily X and O related. My thoughts are that you're living in a crazy fantasy world. Tony may very well need to step in but to risk injury? Dak has his entire career but nothing's a given. We haven't been 8-1 or won 8 straight in a very long time... never in the Romo era.

Romo has been at the helm for 10 YEARS.... TEN YEARS... without competition or consequence. Unfortunately he simply cannot stay on the field or be relied upon for long stretches at this point. That's why we're here. You don't get what you want, you get what you are. Try to deal in reality and not what's "supposed to happen"... With that said, Tony is a stand up guy.

Fantasy Dream...3rd and 4th words

canters

Reaction score
Which throws were those? I mean, I would have agreed without a second thought had you said his legs give something that Romo cannot, but I havent seen any pass Dak made that Tony couldn't.
Dont think for a second I am trying to say Romo should still be QB, I am not, but I dont agree with your reasoning.
No big deal. I knew my post would get attention and not all of it positive. I give you the 50yrd throw to Dez in Pittsburgh after Dak adjusted to a blitz by moving laterally. Tony would have likely done the same lateral movement but would have taken more time to wind up and throw the ball. Dak was fluid. Don't know that Tony would have been so fluid given his age and back injuries, etc.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
I would like to see a Tom Brady Drew Bledsoe repeat. In Tom Brady's first year as a starter, or whenever he took over for Drew the Patriots were in the AFC title game against the Steelers. Tom got hurt for a couple plays. He missed a drive or two. The first play he was out Bledsoe threw a TD pass and kept the momentum and the Pats didn't skip a beat. Without that play and Bledsoe's contribution it can be argued that they don't beat pittsburgh. I'd like that type of scenario to happen in the super bowl.

We win and Romo gets his earned ring with participating in the game in a positive manner.
Realistically, Brady later lost them the trip to the super bowl if not for an obscure bs rule.

plymkr

Reaction score
Realistically, Brady later lost them the trip to the super bowl if not for an obscure bs rule.
I know that, but you get the point of what I am saying. Bledsoe participated in the playoff run in a positive way. I hope that happens to Romo

Animosity

Reaction score
Thats exactly what this is. A fantasy. A wild fantasy. We are going to ignore all those game ending INTs Romo has thrown in big time games the past 10 years and think that he is somehow going to become Tom Brady at the age of 36, turn the table, and win a Super Bowl? I actually laughed aloud.

JoeyHarris

Reaction score
I don't post here often, but this is probably the most torn I've ever been. NO, Romo has not had "many chances." He's had a few, but this is clearly the best squad Dallas has had in a while. During his 2014 season he was amazing, and if they call Dez's catch a catch were knocking on the door for the Super Bowl. 2015 is a wash because this **** team couldn't muster ANY backup QB play and he had to come back way too early, wearing an extra t-shirt for protection, and laid it all out there and got got. And THAT'S the last play most of you are prepared to see from him?! Dak is going to be amazing, but he came into the league's best o-line and absolute best RB. Romo never had those two things at once. At least let the guy compete for the job. So yeah, I can see how people want to see something minor happen to Dak, just to prove the case that Romo isn't done and that either of these guys could be leading this team deep into the post season. Only difference is Romo has bled for it. He's played through herniated disks to toss 4th down passes into the endzone for it. He's played through punctured lungs during a time where our o-line was garbage for it. Dak will get his. Let Tony have a shot to show this last decade wasn't in vain.

mrmojo

Reaction score
No, I dont wish injury on anyone, look what happened to Romo.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys have one of the best seasons going they've had in years, riding a franchise tying 8 straight wins and have a rookie QB having arguably the greatest rookie season ever for a player at the QB position and some are hoping he'll suffer an injury so we can go back to where we've already been with Romo. :facepalm: A thread like this has no business in any forum, it should be deleted.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I can't bring it on myself to wish for any injuries to any players but I wouldn't be upset, in the least, if things played out like that.

As long as they win the ring that's what I want to see and if it just so happened that Dak unfortunately was injured late in the year and Romo came back in and led us to the Superbowl championship I'd be thrilled for him in that as well.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'd be ok with Romo winning. What I would have a problem with is a healthy Dak sitting there and Romo blowing it all.

I don't want this opportunity to escape Dak though, he has the ability to have a greater than Tom Brady career. Every opportunity counts.

Dak is also a rookie only once. He could make history. Romo has had many chances.

Did you leave any Dak juice for me? :laugh: