My Last Act as a Staff Member...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
...is to briefly sticky this thread and say thank you.

That's right, after nearly 4 years I'm stepping down, but I am not going away. It's time for me to be a regular Joe poster again.

Keep that applause to a minimum. ;)

It isn't at all easy for me. I've enjoyed very much being of service to the site membership here. I especially enjoyed the custom avatar titles. Some of them have cracked me up. Even ones I had to deny.

Thank you to all who treated me with respect when I had to be a Mod. Thank you even more to all who never forced me to be a Mod. I truly appreciate that.

Back on the old site I got to know Dale and boozeman in the old chat room. Man that was fun. When booze asked me to help out I was hesitant at first. I knew I hadn't been around as long as some members and had relatively few posts in comparison. I said as much to him and I was right, some were not cool with it. Still, I have no regrets that I said yes.

Thank you (all of you) for making this site so much fun for me as a hobby (okay, addiction). The title is gone so no more hiding behind that when I come after you in a debate. Big bad Hostile is no more. So don't you dare run.

:grin:

I especially want you all to know how appreciative I am of the staff here. What a great group of people. Each and every one of them. If you all knew how much they care about each of you it would amaze you. It truly would. Stuff you read about them on other sites, don't believe it. Whatever else you do, don't believe that stuff.

I said my thank yous to the staff in the Mod Zone earlier today and believe me that wasn't the most pleasant thing I've ever done.

There are still some great things coming for this forum soon. I'm sad that I won't be on the staff to be part of that, but deep down I know I am part of it, just like all of you are.

This is the best Cowboys forum out there. Make no mistake about that. I'm not trying to put the other forums down when I say that. I'm just stating what I know to be a fact because there are no hidden agendas here. Everything that gets done here is with the membership in mind. Every time. You can bank on that.

Thanks for 4 fun years. Here's to a lot more on the horizon.

lspain1

Reaction score
I know you'll still be around Hos....but thank you and best of luck in whatever endeavor comes next for you!

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
thanks for all you did and do, Hostile

However, I see my plan is coming into fruition.... soon, I will be moderator! then I will overthrow Reality and become Administrator!!! MUAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA

Eddie

Reaction score
Thanx always for backing me up when the rest of the forum was ready to lynch me. :)

jcblanco22

Reaction score
A salute and an acknowledgement to a member and moderator who I've always found approachable, courteous, and enthusiastic about the Cowboys for many years now. Always a pleasure interacting with you Hos, and looking forward to continuing to do so.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
I know this is selfish.. maybe even TO level selfish.

But I can't take that loss last night AND you stepping down today.

:bang2:

godofwar

Reaction score
I enjoy this site more than any other sports site I read, and you are one of the reasons why. I appreiciate your contributions, and hope to read more from you in the future.

Now, I'm sure you'll be asked this a lot, but why are you stepping down?

godofwar

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1226922 said:

I can echo that sentiment, but just thought it too melodramatic for me to point out. You, however, can get away with it. :)

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Your desire to be "joe poster" again is certainly understandable. Thanks for your service to this board. I'm glad you will still be around.

Thanks also to all the mods for their service.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
My thanks to you Hos.

I welcome you back to the community of poster/member.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra;1226922 said:

Yeah well you didn't see the tantrum I threw when I found out. :(

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
godofwar;1226933 said:
I can echo that sentiment, but just thought it too melodramatic for me to point out. You, however, can get away with it. :)

A woman's perogative, but glad I could speak for you as well. :laugh2:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
There is no way to say thank you and express the gratitude I feel. But here it is with a wish you stay around the 'family'. See you around big guy.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
godofwar;1226924 said:
I enjoy this site more than any other sports site I read, and you are one of the reasons why. I appreiciate your contributions, and hope to read more from you in the future.

Now, I'm sure you'll be asked this a lot, but why are you stepping down?
I really do want to be a regular Joe poster again. I'd be lying if I said I haven't missed that. I had fun. I'm a little burned out. Down the road if they needed me and wanted me back I'd consider it. As I said, they are great people and I admire them. But I need a break.

Fan Since 77

Reaction score
Hostile,

You're one of my favorite posters. You bring rationality to the irrational, logic to the illogical, and humorless to the humor. :)

:bow: