CFZ My Observations From the Game

fishspill

Reaction score
Gallimore still needs to get his conditioning up. Looked great when fresh. Glad they played him so long to help him out.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Defense is going to have to keep things close this year while Dak gets in step with new receivers & revamped line . You don’t jump overboard after one pre season game .

I think this defense has a chance be top 10.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He is trying to be sly about getting a Zeke hate post in. In didn't work. :lmao:

Were you impressed when Zeke want for 36 yards on 13 carries in the playoffs or were you just concerned that "zeke did what the coaches wanted him to do"? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::laugh::laugh:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Were you impressed when Zeke want for 36 yards on 13 carries in the playoffs or were you just concerned that "zeke did what the coaches wanted him to do"? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::laugh::laugh:

So during the game all you went on about is how the offense sucked because the OL sucked. But yet the OL did not do their job in the SF game, but it is Zeke's fault?
:facepalm:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What does that have to do with this.
Come on dude, you can be better than this.

just riding you buddy. You like to dish it out, but dont like to take it back. I on the other hand am a good sport. :thumbup:

Creeper

Reaction score
Given who the Cowboys have on their roster at QB, I think DiNucci has the most upside. He was clearly better last night than he was last year and improvement is what you look for in a guy like him. He has the best arm of the 3 backups, more mobility, and he is the youngest. Remember, Romo sat on the bench and looked pretty awful his first 2 years too. DiNucci will never be as good as Romo but he could develop into a quality backup.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
First and foremost, it's a waste of time to play DiNucci or Rush at this point in time, even in the preseason. I know Grier is a better player than both of these guys, but we'd be better served if he played in the next preseason game to see what we have out there.

Second, I really like our rookie tight ends. Both Hendershot and Ferguson.

Gallimore and Bohanna look like they have both put on weight. And I saw improvements in both, but especially Gallimore. He looks like a different player.

Stand out player. Doran Bland. Goodness. Get this guy on the field. He makes plays. He has great instincts, plays the ball great, covers better than I expected, and tackles well. Loves this pick so far. He looks like a natural out there. I feel more confident in him that I would Joseph right now, who I would say played better than Nashan Wright, so at least he's competing out there.

I thought Waletzko looked pretty good at LT, when I noticed him in there. He got some push on a run play, while Tyler whiffed his assignment and couldn't find anyone to block.

Basham played with really good instincts tonight. He made a case for himself, I think.

Fowler flashed why DQ likely brought him on.

Aaron Shampklin, to me, looks better than the rest of the backs. I think he brings more to the team as a 3rd back, because he can block, catch passes, run, etc. Smart player. I've liked him since I learned he was an UDFA. Great screen back. I liked Davis too. Dowdle was OK.. I think Shampklin likely gives you more on ST, because he can return punts and kicks.

I didn't notice Sam Williams do too much. In the Football Team preseason game, Barno looked legit coming off the edge. I wish I would have seen our guy flash like that. In any case, I have a hunch I was onto something with Barno. Obviously, I'm not giving up on Williams. He did have a nice bullrush move out there.

Safety play was atrocious tonight.

Brown looked solid at CB.

Storey Jackson showed some aggression and had a tackle for a loss.

Fehoko scored the only TD, on a really smart route, in coverage. Wasn't pretty. But he got it done.

Tolbert looked so so, but it's really hard to get too low on him because the QBs were putrid tonight, so it really ruined the enjoyment of the game.

The game, overall, was ugly. But I'm also well aware it was a preseason game.

Way too many penalties.

If we don't fix that, McCarthy should quit right now.

He needs to be a disciplinarian. Or this won't get done.
Nice write up.
My take away is that we commit way too many penalties

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When are you people going to learn that when the Oline plays terrible, the whole offense follows suit. NOTHING to do with play calling or blaming the QB.
O0line is terrible. Not zeke's fault. In fact zeke has been getting bashed up BECASUE of the stupid o-line and incompmetant... Moore.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Disagree. It’s another year of Rush, Grier/DiNucci.

No upside and just plain terrible.
I kind of like Grier as a 2, but I hear what I think you're saying anyway.

Would it kill them to spend like a 3rd on a guy to develop that at least has an outside shot at being a starter at some point? Apparently so, because they never operate that way.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
:facepalm:
again.
@Risen Star may be the leader in likes, but you are the leader in :facepalm:
:lmao2:

The ironic part about this conversation is that i simply gave my honest opinion about Sam Williams and because it wasn't all roses and positive you couldn't handle it and attacked my opinion.

If we really want to spell it out, that's EXACTLY what happened.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The ironic part about this conversation is that i simply gave my honest opinion about Sam Williams and because it wasn't all roses and positive you couldn't handle it and attacked my opinion.

If we really want to spell it out, that's EXACTLY what happened.

Well, whatever then, Not wasting my time on you. I have better things to do.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If you want to focus on penalties, then this is the game you want.
Gives staff a lot of film and weeks to harp on penalties.
Mike was visibly angry and will definitely spend most of his team meeting time addressing penalties

Some of those penalties were just goofy.
The Sam Williams penalty was a dreadful call. He let up and kept the hit in the frame on the QB right after the ball was released. Awful call.
Tyler Smith played well and the one hold versus a backer is the type he is prone to. Smaller dudes with smaller frames he gets outside of.
But the other holding call was trash. That's how Pro Bowl level guys block every play.

I hope we never see this ref crew again.

Felt like they were in San Fran's pocket in the playoffs and then again hated us last night.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well, whatever then, Not wasting my time on you. I have better things to do.

I dont mind talking with you buddy. But you seem to lack the ability to handle criticism of players and you get offended as a poster really really easy. I like to have full on discussions. Arguments are fine as well. Two different styles.