CFZ My Opinion about "27 years"

Pass2Run

Reaction score
No team can go backwards, and rectify their past performances. The best they can do is prepare for the season ahead of them, and then proceed to play as well as they possibly can. Also, since the real issue with the Cowboys is the lack of playoff success over the past 27 seasons from 1996 - 2022, the reality is that not a single team can address past "playoff failures" until January at the earliest. So, if this were MY forum (which admittedly it is not), I would ban any comments about the 27 years of playoff failures during the season, and only allow such comments once the playoffs start - or after the Cowboys are eliminated from contention to make the playoffs.

There is simply no way to "argue" against the "27 years of playoff failures" while the season is in play, and certainly not at the beginning of the season. Arguments about "27 years" are a complete waste of everyone's time. It's like listening to your wife complain about her mother. There isn't a dang thing you can do about it, and it is beyond tedious to have to listen to that crap. Well I'm not married to any of you, and I don't have to put up with it. I'm aware of the issue, and don't need to talk about it. If "27 years" bothers you so much, I invite you to "divorce" the Cowboys so you can find a new team to love.

So, my personal policy henceforth this season will to be to place any and all forum members who want to argue about "27 years", no matter which side of the argument you happen to be on, in my personal ignore list. Reading people who "defend" the Cowboys for 27 years of fruitless efforts is just as tedious as reading the insulting comments. It just isn't worth my time and frustration to even read those comments.

I would encourage other Cowboys fans who are as disgusted with fruitless arguments and endless complaining to do the same. Maybe, if we all ignored those members who INSIST on bringing up "27 years", they'd get the message and just stop. If not, let them be their own echo chamber. Leave those of us who want to look forward alone, and let us enjoy the upcoming season, win or lose, without the noise or negativity.
Some of the guys on the team weren't even born 27 years ago, if that puts it in perspective.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The problem with saying is the Jones boys is that would imply they have not changed over 27 years.

Y’all said he was wildcat too much and doing too many trades. So he stopped. Now y’all complain when he doesn’t make them

Y’all complained that he relied to much on signing FA and they never worked out. Now y’all mad cause he won’t spend money on FA

Y’all complained saying he was being overly involved and wouldn’t hire the right people to help us draft better. Now y’all just say every good pick is someone else, and every bust is Jerry’s pick

Y’all complained that he didn’t hire real coaches and only puppets. Yet he hired both bill parcels and Mike Mcarthy. (Jason Garett is just weird, who really knows what that was)

It’s like jeez. He’s changed and grown over the last 27 years but at the end of the day he’s not the guys on the field. Our success is not based on whether he talks on a radio station or brags on some interview. It’s whether the refs will call a catch a catch, or whether they will not call phantom PI on game ending INT. There isn’t one reason we haven’t made a SB in 27 years. There are many and it’s high time fans just accept, every season is different and will have differ results

Except 2001-2003
Valiant defense of Jerrah there but he’s proven he’s not a proficient GM. His refusal to hire proven talent at the GM position in lieu of nepotism makes him a deeply flawed person. That alone has contributed as much as anything to the current drought.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Valiant defense of Jerrah there but he’s proven he’s not a proficient GM. His refusal to hire proven talent at the GM position in lieu of nepotism makes him a deeply flawed person. That alone has contributed as much as anything to the current drought.
Not a proficient GM. You attempt to end credit for improvements in organization that man worked hard to secure and did actually a good job overcoming to the present. The whole NFL changed and isn't run by the players instead, as is the NBA or single player contracts that dominate team money in MLB.

Jerry has been a strong part of change and for the Cowboys as well. The team is in the present now, start paying attention starting this next weekend and be fair.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Not a proficient GM. You attempt to end credit for improvements in organization that man worked hard to secure and did actually a good job overcoming to the present. The whole NFL changed and isn't run by the players instead, as is the NBA or single player contracts that dominate team money in MLB.

Jerry has been a strong part of change and for the Cowboys as well. The team is in the present now, start paying attention starting this next weekend and be fair.
The NFL owners have the sweetest deal of all the leagues. All the other leagues have to guarantee almost all contracts. Jerry needed to step back after the 90’s teams and let a GM run the show. If you can’t admit that, you’re addicted to watching subpar product.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The NFL owners have the sweetest deal of all the leagues. All the other leagues have to guarantee almost all contracts. Jerry needed to step back after the 90’s teams and let a GM run the show. If you can’t admit that, you’re addicted to watching subpar product.
Prove your case as to specifics now...you don't.

I don't have problems with what you mislabel as addiction.

The team is his to manage. He does a strong job at doing that. Don't like that, move on, it's his. He isn't the wrong thing in the room now. Don't insult me when you have different views for appropriate. Mine are simple as a fan...play good football. There has been plenty of that through of actual time Jerry has owned the team. There have been failures, doesn't over shadow football successes for this fan at least. Your insult is not needed on my plate further.

I like this current team and you continue to try and change that fact for me...don't.

rambo2

Reaction score
Really, then how in the hell did he build such a good team?

cej757

Reaction score
I never felt that we were good enough to ever beat Tom Brady and New England in their heyday. If we would've faced them in 07,14 or 16 I think we would've lost to them.
I don't think we ever had the defense to beat Brady. The Dak and Zeke rookie year I actually think we would've lost to a red hot Atlanta team in the Championship game. Matt Ryan and that offense was incredible during that stretch. Never felt we had the pass rush to get great offense's off the field during that era.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Prove your case as to specifics now...you don't.

I don't have problems with what you mislabel as addiction.

The team is his to manage. He does a strong job at doing that. Don't like that, move on, it's his. He isn't the wrong thing in the room now. Don't insult me when you have different views for appropriate. Mine are simple as a fan...play good football. There has been plenty of that through of actual time Jerry has owned the team. There have been failures, doesn't over shadow football successes for this fan at least. Your insult is not needed on my plate further.

I like this current team and you continue to try and change that fact for me...don't.
31 other owners have teams too pal….Jerry is the only one treating his franchise like a personal plaything for he and his family. Jerry is a quality owner and has built the franchise despite our failure but building a roster and coaching staff takes real managerial talent these days. Talent that Jerry and Stephen don’t possess.

I want to win and I want to eat my words but you can only judge a franchise on its past quarter century. 1996 was a lifetime ago and shouldn’t have an effect on how Jerry’s status as GM is judged.

Jerry gets the last laugh because he’ll never sell and Stephen won’t give up the GM duties ever. So, I’m just hopeful we luck into another championship at this point.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
You will never win this. How about you just accept it and move on?

The Chicago Cubs went 108 years without a championship, fans brought it up all the time, and no one ever told them to shut up and just move on like you are trying to tell us to do.
Cry some more

LovinItAll

Reaction score
No team can go backwards, and rectify their past performances. The best they can do is prepare for the season ahead of them, and then proceed to play as well as they possibly can. Also, since the real issue with the Cowboys is the lack of playoff success over the past 27 seasons from 1996 - 2022, the reality is that not a single team can address past "playoff failures" until January at the earliest. So, if this were MY forum (which admittedly it is not), I would ban any comments about the 27 years of playoff failures during the season, and only allow such comments once the playoffs start - or after the Cowboys are eliminated from contention to make the playoffs.

There is simply no way to "argue" against the "27 years of playoff failures" while the season is in play, and certainly not at the beginning of the season. Arguments about "27 years" are a complete waste of everyone's time. It's like listening to your wife complain about her mother. There isn't a dang thing you can do about it, and it is beyond tedious to have to listen to that crap. Well I'm not married to any of you, and I don't have to put up with it. I'm aware of the issue, and don't need to talk about it. If "27 years" bothers you so much, I invite you to "divorce" the Cowboys so you can find a new team to love.

So, my personal policy henceforth this season will to be to place any and all forum members who want to argue about "27 years", no matter which side of the argument you happen to be on, in my personal ignore list. Reading people who "defend" the Cowboys for 27 years of fruitless efforts is just as tedious as reading the insulting comments. It just isn't worth my time and frustration to even read those comments.

I would encourage other Cowboys fans who are as disgusted with fruitless arguments and endless complaining to do the same. Maybe, if we all ignored those members who INSIST on bringing up "27 years", they'd get the message and just stop. If not, let them be their own echo chamber. Leave those of us who want to look forward alone, and let us enjoy the upcoming season, win or lose, without the noise or negativity.
And there you have it. The NFL is in the entertainment business. Everyone here is entertained by the Cowboys every single year, but often that’s just not enough for them. ‍♂️

Sully

Reaction score
He doesn’t like hearing that we’ve been a bottom tier franchise for almost 30 years? Yeah I don’t either but asking for more censorship on this board is outrageous.
Good Point. And I have been a Dallas fan since Dorsett's rookie season. And to see this franchise resemble the "bottom tier" franchise for close to 3 decades is unacceptable. And the above post can probably be used again for another decade. I do not dislike the Cowboys. I have a Cowboys mancave with my own Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor ( yes, Jimmy Johnson is in that Ring) I don't even expect the Cowboys to see a Superbowl again until Jerry Jones joins Al Davis, who also destroyed the once proud, Oakland Raiders. Sadly, like the Cowboys, the Raiders next generation, run by Al Davis son, has not improved the Raiders. The Raiders, like the Cowboys, run their team as a business --FIRST. It is ALL about winning the ForbesBowl where the Cowboys have been dominant, while the Raiders have improved but never a contender. ( Improved because they got a new stadium)

Watch the Cowboys for entertainment as you would do a movie but don't expect them to win any Oscars. Get the popcorn neme

foofighters

Reaction score

Isn't that what the "ignore" button is for? No one makes you read those posts. You can simply continue scrolling on.

Oh, but I'll bite on your kool aid parade...You'd have something to stand on if our owner didn't continue to do the same things over and over again but expect different results each year. There's simply no growth with Jerry as a leader. He's going to die trying to prove to us that it his him and not Jimmy. So because of that, those "27 years fans" do have some ground to stand on...

erod

Reaction score

Gave you a like because I'm tired of discussing it, too.

But there is exactly and only one way to stop it. Gotta keep beating the drum, or Jerry will take the reins fully again.

starfan1

Reaction score
honestly could care less about previous 27 years Im only focused on this year but my guess is you are going to have a rather large ignore list. I dont ignore anyone I welcome stupid opinions as well well thought out ones.

Sully

Reaction score
Some folks like to dwell in misery over the past for which they have no control over.
Some folks never want to see what the problem is. No one can control anything from the past nor what the Cowboys do because the pilot continues to think he can win a Superbowl. PRIDE goes before destruction and this franchise has been in destruction for too long. Is it too much to ask to just get to a NFC Conference game. Don't even have to win the darn game. But for most, that is asking too much so. Let scream : Let's Go fifty times and enjoy the games

rambo2

Reaction score
Some folks never want to see what the problem is. No one can control anything from the past nor what the Cowboys do because the pilot continues to think he can win a Superbowl. PRIDE goes before destruction and this franchise has been in destruction for too long. Is it too much to ask to just get to a NFC Conference game. Don't even have to win the darn game. But for most, that is asking too much so. Let scream : Let's Go fifty times and enjoy the games
They certainly are good enough to win this year.

Aven8

Reaction score
Well unlike previous years, at least in the NFC, the other QB’s that should be in the race, health permitting, are named Jaylon, Brock, Geno, and Kirk. Dak is right in with these dudes and football is still all about the QB.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Sorry, for those always attempting to label as blind anyone just being team loyal...that is just your bias, not a loyal fan. From an early age as an athlete this ex-player and now fan, was taught sportsmanship.

Some of you need to re-visit basic respect. The game of ridiculing and labeling as such has not valid place because of just disrespecting someone instead of proving a reason. That is as biased as racial descrimination...

Some of us have been seeing a strong team, good coaching, and strong direction all off season. That requires no out reaching and demeaning label. Root for the Cowboys and stand ground positively.

If personal labels, not reasons stick here...that is by one's own design and not someone else. GO Cowboys! I'm a proud American as well!!! I also don't blame my life on others I live with as well!!!!! :starspin:

Last edited:

Wangchung83

Reaction score
It’s always the well known haters who put out the 27 years because it’s hard to argue against it. Same with Dak, it’s always about the playoffs and it’s always his fault. I’ve got most of them on ignore.
Keep ignoring reality and you’ll just continue to spout your ignorance. I’m good with being ignored but I will never ignore others as it prevents me from understanding and learning where others are coming from. You ignoring others is just a way of showing your inability to change or entertain the thought you could be wrong. It’s ok, most people you’ve ignored have only said something that angered you against one player. You call them haters, I call them critics and see their points which helps to form my opinions.