CFZ My Opinion about "27 years"

CCBoy

Reaction score
My thoughts are that if what you did for 27 years failed you shouldn't do the same thing for the 28th.
No, the point goes that if there is no change how can things improve.

Applied, although, that is not true as all things team centered and related have been worked upon and are improving as well.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
No team can go backwards, and rectify their past performances. The best they can do is prepare for the season ahead of them, and then proceed to play as well as they possibly can. Also, since the real issue with the Cowboys is the lack of playoff success over the past 27 seasons from 1996 - 2022, the reality is that not a single team can address past "playoff failures" until January at the earliest. So, if this were MY forum (which admittedly it is not), I would ban any comments about the 27 years of playoff failures during the season, and only allow such comments once the playoffs start - or after the Cowboys are eliminated from contention to make the playoffs.

There is simply no way to "argue" against the "27 years of playoff failures" while the season is in play, and certainly not at the beginning of the season. Arguments about "27 years" are a complete waste of everyone's time. It's like listening to your wife complain about her mother. There isn't a dang thing you can do about it, and it is beyond tedious to have to listen to that crap. Well I'm not married to any of you, and I don't have to put up with it. I'm aware of the issue, and don't need to talk about it. If "27 years" bothers you so much, I invite you to "divorce" the Cowboys so you can find a new team to love.

So, my personal policy henceforth this season will to be to place any and all forum members who want to argue about "27 years", no matter which side of the argument you happen to be on, in my personal ignore list. Reading people who "defend" the Cowboys for 27 years of fruitless efforts is just as tedious as reading the insulting comments. It just isn't worth my time and frustration to even read those comments.

I would encourage other Cowboys fans who are as disgusted with fruitless arguments and endless complaining to do the same. Maybe, if we all ignored those members who INSIST on bringing up "27 years", they'd get the message and just stop. If not, let them be their own echo chamber. Leave those of us who want to look forward alone, and let us enjoy the upcoming season, win or lose, without the noise or negativity.
Before you know it, it will be 37 years

kskboys

Reaction score
No team can go backwards, and rectify their past performances. The best they can do is prepare for the season ahead of them, and then proceed to play as well as they possibly can. Also, since the real issue with the Cowboys is the lack of playoff success over the past 27 seasons from 1996 - 2022, the reality is that not a single team can address past "playoff failures" until January at the earliest. So, if this were MY forum (which admittedly it is not), I would ban any comments about the 27 years of playoff failures during the season, and only allow such comments once the playoffs start - or after the Cowboys are eliminated from contention to make the playoffs.

There is simply no way to "argue" against the "27 years of playoff failures" while the season is in play, and certainly not at the beginning of the season. Arguments about "27 years" are a complete waste of everyone's time. It's like listening to your wife complain about her mother. There isn't a dang thing you can do about it, and it is beyond tedious to have to listen to that crap. Well I'm not married to any of you, and I don't have to put up with it. I'm aware of the issue, and don't need to talk about it. If "27 years" bothers you so much, I invite you to "divorce" the Cowboys so you can find a new team to love.

So, my personal policy henceforth this season will to be to place any and all forum members who want to argue about "27 years", no matter which side of the argument you happen to be on, in my personal ignore list. Reading people who "defend" the Cowboys for 27 years of fruitless efforts is just as tedious as reading the insulting comments. It just isn't worth my time and frustration to even read those comments.

I would encourage other Cowboys fans who are as disgusted with fruitless arguments and endless complaining to do the same. Maybe, if we all ignored those members who INSIST on bringing up "27 years", they'd get the message and just stop. If not, let them be their own echo chamber. Leave those of us who want to look forward alone, and let us enjoy the upcoming season, win or lose, without the noise or negativity.
Since you not only mentioned it but started a thread about it, are you putting yourself on ignore????????

rambo2

Reaction score
So you want to identify w/ the teams who are perennial losers/mediocres? Why?
lol Actually, I want to identify with this team that is about to win their 6th Super Bowl when more than one third of the league hasn't won 1.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It's a media created narrative. I remember DFW area radio going with the X years since playoffs in the Campo years.

CCBoy

Reaction score
lol Actually, I want to identify with this team that is about to win their 6th Super Bowl when more than one third of the league hasn't won 1.
:muttley: That is only a fact...not a label...:thumbup:

Cincycowboy

Reaction score
He doesn’t like hearing that we’ve been a bottom tier franchise for almost 30 years? Yeah I don’t either but asking for more censorship on this board is outrageous.
Bottom tier? we haven't won the championship but we are hardly bottom tier. Was Buffalo "bottom tier" for losing four straight Super Bowls? How about the Vikings of the seventies? I assume you think New Orleans and Tampa Bay are higher level teams because they won a championship in the last 15 years? I understand the frustration, but to say this is bottom tier franchise is ridiculous. At the end of the day, this team has always had the talent, just not the focus in the playoffs. That doesn't make them a "bottom tier" franchise. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. Youi havent seen ineptitude until you have lived here. Cincinnati is hardly a "top tier" franchise just because they have won the last two years.

Please have some perspective.

Qcard

Reaction score

:hammer:

Dallas Cowboys survived when Landry's Congregation...

Dak Haters it's ok..... No one will care if you leave!!!:lmao2:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Bottom tier? we haven't won the championship but we are hardly bottom tier. Was Buffalo "bottom tier" for losing four straight Super Bowls? How about the Vikings of the seventies? I assume you think New Orleans and Tampa Bay are higher level teams because they won a championship in the last 15 years? I understand the frustration, but to say this is bottom tier franchise is ridiculous. At the end of the day, this team has always had the talent, just not the focus in the playoffs. That doesn't make them a "bottom tier" franchise. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. Youi havent seen ineptitude until you have lived here. Cincinnati is hardly a "top tier" franchise just because they have won the last two years.

We can't even get to a championship game. Those teams did. We're one step above Detroit and Cleveland.

kskboys

Reaction score
Then why use the unsuccessful teams as a barometer? Wouldn't it be better to examine models of success and contemplate why they are successful?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score

The cope is real.

rambo2

Reaction score
Then why use the unsuccessful teams as a barometer? Wouldn't it be better to examine models of success and contemplate why they are successful?
They were successful in the 90's because they were loaded. They are successful now because they are loaded.

kskboys

Reaction score
They were successful in the 90's because they were loaded. They are successful now because they are loaded.
Not successful yet. However, we are very talented. Hoping that the next step happens in this season.

rambo2

Reaction score
Not successful yet. However, we are very talented. Hoping that the next step happens in this season.
Getting 12 wins 3 years in a row points to success. Something that they haven't done since the 90's. Through in the visual that one can see by observing that this roster that is the best that they have had since the 90's with the added coaching which has successful Super Bowl experience and you have a recipe for success.