CFZ My Opinion about "27 years"

MyFairLady

Reaction score
LOL Jerry and the gang fully support the OP. Accountability is definitely not the strong suit around here. Eternal failure shall not be mentioned. Unbridled optimism only.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Don't worry gang this time the magic beans are gonna work. Jerry says hang in there he got this.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
My favorite part is that you can not bring up the 27 years of failure because there is no defense for it. Classic. Never fear though if things go south as they always do super Jerry will trade away a couple of first round picks for a shiny new WR and we can all slip back into our ignorant state of bliss.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No team can go backwards, and rectify their past performances. The best they can do is prepare for the season ahead of them, and then proceed to play as well as they possibly can. Also, since the real issue with the Cowboys is the lack of playoff success over the past 27 seasons from 1996 - 2022, the reality is that not a single team can address past "playoff failures" until January at the earliest. So, if this were MY forum (which admittedly it is not), I would ban any comments about the 27 years of playoff failures during the season, and only allow such comments once the playoffs start - or after the Cowboys are eliminated from contention to make the playoffs.

There is simply no way to "argue" against the "27 years of playoff failures" while the season is in play, and certainly not at the beginning of the season. Arguments about "27 years" are a complete waste of everyone's time. It's like listening to your wife complain about her mother. There isn't a dang thing you can do about it, and it is beyond tedious to have to listen to that crap. Well I'm not married to any of you, and I don't have to put up with it. I'm aware of the issue, and don't need to talk about it. If "27 years" bothers you so much, I invite you to "divorce" the Cowboys so you can find a new team to love.

So, my personal policy henceforth this season will to be to place any and all forum members who want to argue about "27 years", no matter which side of the argument you happen to be on, in my personal ignore list. Reading people who "defend" the Cowboys for 27 years of fruitless efforts is just as tedious as reading the insulting comments. It just isn't worth my time and frustration to even read those comments.

I would encourage other Cowboys fans who are as disgusted with fruitless arguments and endless complaining to do the same. Maybe, if we all ignored those members who INSIST on bringing up "27 years", they'd get the message and just stop. If not, let them be their own echo chamber. Leave those of us who want to look forward alone, and let us enjoy the upcoming season, win or lose, without the noise or negativity.
Well isn't it actually 26 years lol I mean if you do the math 2022 from 1996 that is when we won the last title that's 26 years so we're already getting ahead of ourselves here.. I think people can't do math but I can tell you this I'll take three titles over 33 years versus one in 60 years versus none or versus a team that only has got one recently but didn't have any for 51 years you know like the chiefs took 51 years between their titles 60 years for the Eagles?!

I mean the Bengals don't even have one we could go on and on that's why it's futile to be discussing it at all because it's really not that big a drought when you look at all sports and the NFL there have been much longer ones..

I'm tired of getting hearing it anyway

it's not like cowboy fans are not aware of this we don't need to be constantly reminded of it!​
if you're unhappy with the team or you never like Jerry Jones in the first place and you giving Jimmy Johnson all the credit for the titles which is ridiculous anyway maybe it's time you moved on maybe you're a Landry Cowboys fan or a Jimmy Cowboys fan a lot of us are just Dallas cowboy fans regardless of the owner the coaches or the quarterback.​
we're always going to be fans of the team and we're going to try to be as unbiased as possible but we're going to defend our team like their family at least I do...​

CCBoy

Reaction score
Well isn't it actually 26 years lol I mean if you do the math 2022 from 1996 that is when we won the last title that's 26 years so we're already getting ahead of ourselves here.. I think people can't do math but I can tell you this I'll take three titles over 33 years versus one in 60 years versus none or versus a team that only has got one recently but didn't have any for 51 years you know like the chiefs took 51 years between their titles 60 years for the Eagles?!

I mean the Bengals don't even have one we could go on and on that's why it's futile to be discussing it at all because it's really not that big a drought when you look at all sports and the NFL there have been much longer ones..

it's not like cowboy fans are not aware of this we don't need to be constantly reminded of it!​
if you're unhappy with the team or you never like Jerry Jones in the first place and you giving Jimmy Johnson all the credit for the titles which is ridiculous anyway maybe it's time you moved on maybe you're a Landry Cowboys fan or a Jimmy Cowboys fan a lot of us are just Dallas cowboy fans regardless of the owner the coaches or the quarterback.​
we're always going to be fans of the team and we're going to try to be as unbiased as possible but we're going to defend our team like their family at least I do...​
This Cowboys team is fully game planned for the Giants, now.

How they handle the Giant defensive line will be the tell of the tape. GO Cowboys. :starspin:

(another great post, guy)

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I never felt that we were good enough to ever beat Tom Brady and New England in their heyday. If we would've faced them in 07,14 or 16 I think we would've lost to them.
I don't think we ever had the defense to beat Brady. The Dak and Zeke rookie year I actually think we would've lost to a red hot Atlanta team in the Championship game. Matt Ryan and that offense was incredible during that stretch. Never felt we had the pass rush to get great offense's off the field during that era.
100%, its easier to say "_____ failed" when the truth was we didnt have a championship team because those teams have defenses that can make plays.. this years team... i like it more than any team since the 90's with the balance of offense defense.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Blue…it’s 27 years. The ‘96 you’re referring to was Jan ‘96 when the Cowboys played in their last. NFC championship and SB. But they were both part of the 1995 season. It’s been 27 seasons.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
The 27 year drought IS the Dallas Cowboys. It’s what defines them at this point. Embrace it.
Oh oh…bye bye.

You’re right of course. 27 years of disgrace and embarrassment by a narcissist you cares more about his credit and ego than the teams success.

He has taken the love of my life and turned it into an acquaintance so you can bet I will rip his *** every chance I get.

See you in the banned universe.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The "27 years" are relevant because the same dynamic duo have called the shots all of that time. If they ever get a SB ring they'll get the credit, so they also own the 27 years.

usa_today_16649051.0.jpg

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No team can go backwards, and rectify their past performances. The best they can do is prepare for the season ahead of them, and then proceed to play as well as they possibly can. Also, since the real issue with the Cowboys is the lack of playoff success over the past 27 seasons from 1996 - 2022, the reality is that not a single team can address past "playoff failures" until January at the earliest. So, if this were MY forum (which admittedly it is not), I would ban any comments about the 27 years of playoff failures during the season, and only allow such comments once the playoffs start - or after the Cowboys are eliminated from contention to make the playoffs.

There is simply no way to "argue" against the "27 years of playoff failures" while the season is in play, and certainly not at the beginning of the season. Arguments about "27 years" are a complete waste of everyone's time. It's like listening to your wife complain about her mother. There isn't a dang thing you can do about it, and it is beyond tedious to have to listen to that crap. Well I'm not married to any of you, and I don't have to put up with it. I'm aware of the issue, and don't need to talk about it. If "27 years" bothers you so much, I invite you to "divorce" the Cowboys so you can find a new team to love.

So, my personal policy henceforth this season will to be to place any and all forum members who want to argue about "27 years", no matter which side of the argument you happen to be on, in my personal ignore list. Reading people who "defend" the Cowboys for 27 years of fruitless efforts is just as tedious as reading the insulting comments. It just isn't worth my time and frustration to even read those comments.

I would encourage other Cowboys fans who are as disgusted with fruitless arguments and endless complaining to do the same. Maybe, if we all ignored those members who INSIST on bringing up "27 years", they'd get the message and just stop. If not, let them be their own echo chamber. Leave those of us who want to look forward alone, and let us enjoy the upcoming season, win or lose, without the noise or negativity.
27 years of failure are enough to keep me hoping and wishing for a Lombardino and a trip to our nation's capital.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
It is like thought police. Jerald would endorse this new no-sniveling rule.

starfan1

Reaction score
Damn sone of y’all take this entertainment too serious lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
Blue…it’s 27 years. The ‘96 you’re referring to was Jan ‘96 when the Cowboys played in their last. NFC championship and SB. But they were both part of the 1995 season. It’s been 27 seasons.
nah ill stick to 1 year,.

how about them apples? tired of putting 27 year mark on current payers who many were in diapers or not born.

This is A year to year league and one off with different players turned over each year, all coaches been changed out many times. lets talk about the Dallas cowboys as they reboot yearly. in my opinion there is no stacked drought.... to go further than any of the other that came before them the last 26 years...

as long as it doesn't surpass the zero mark for other teams or wait that would be 101 years or the 51 year mark of the chiefs or the 60 year by the eagles or anything in between, im good with letting it go lmao.

especially the fact that we have 5, 3 in 33 years and waiting on 6 , that not a bad perspective to view this small time frame we are waiting on the next title tp out us back tie for first with 6.