My Review of THE DARK KNIGHT *Spoilers added*

Kevinicus

Reaction score
tomson75;2152859 said:
Well, for one, he shouldn't sound like a villain from a crappy kids cartoon. He does, not all of the time, but two or three points in the movie almost made me laugh aloud.

I understand he has to mask his voice, but c'mon.

I for one think the voice fits in perfectly.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2152863 said:
I for one think the voice fits in perfectly.

Lmao... somehow that doesn't surprise me. We never agree on anything anyway. :D

It's not a big deal, just one minor thing I didnt like...that, and the fact that i ride motorcycles, and that bike of his would be damn near impossible to ride in any direction other than dead straight. :eek::

Still loved it though.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
tomson75;2152868 said:

It's not a big deal, just one minor thing I didnt like...that, and the fact that i ride motorcycles, and that bike of his would be damn near impossible to ride in any direction other than dead straight. :eek::

Still loved it though.
You mean he couldn't drive up a wall and turn around?

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2152868 said:

Still loved it though.

But your not a hollywood stuntman or a millionaire playboy with nothing else to do. They actually had a guy that could ride the bike in directions other than straight...believe it or not.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
theogt;2152873 said:
You mean he couldn't drive up a wall and turn around?

I actually did laugh out loud at that. :D

JustSayNotoTO;2152875 said:
But your not a hollywood stuntman or a millionaire playboy with nothing else to do. They actually had a guy that could ride the bike in directions other than straight...believe it or not.

How the hell do you know that I'm not a millionaire playboy?

...and that bike rocked as far as looks, but I'd smoke that 'stuntman' on that thing with a '73 CB750 cafe racer(not fast) any day of the week....going through that mall. ;)

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned the two similar scenes from Tim Burton's version?

1. The stare down between the Joker and the motorcycle and the stare between the Joker and the Batwing (when Nicholson pulls the 3 foot long hand gun out from his pants :)).

2. The last encounter between Joker and Batman. In Burton's version its on the top of the bell tower where in the new one it ends on the newly constructed high rise tower... not quite the same result but pretty darn close. If I remember correctly TB's Batman attempts (although fails) to save the Joker in the same manner Nolan chooses Batman to save the Joker.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Let me ask a couple of questions....I haven't seen it and am debating whether or not I want to see it.

1. Normally, I hate comic-book type movies. I was "ok" with Spiderman 2(?), the last one sucked. Knowing that, is this movie worth seeing?

2. If I go see it, I have no real knowledge of the Batman series/comics/etc. Is that a problem? Will I understand the movie?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Vintage;2153908 said:
Let me ask a couple of questions....I haven't seen it and am debating whether or not I want to see it.

1. Normally, I hate comic-book type movies. I was "ok" with Spiderman 2(?), the last one sucked. Knowing that, is this movie worth seeing?

2. If I go see it, I have no real knowledge of the Batman series/comics/etc. Is that a problem? Will I understand the movie?

You need to rent "Batman Begins" first...

These two movies are as "uncomic booky comic book movies" as they can be...

jsond

Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/22/batman-makes-like-pacman/

Well the PFT boys show they have horrible taste in movies with their review of TDK. I have no problem if they did not really like it. But this "review" reeks of "we just want to be the contrarian". I mean The Prestige is TEN times better than TDK? Uh ok. And the fact he says "we" didn't like it only makes it sound that much more like wanting to be a contrarian. Just hard to believe he and everyone he saw it with all completely hated it.

BATMAN MAKES LIKE PACMAN
Posted by Mike Florio on July 22, 2008, 3:01 p.m.

At a time when football players are looking to become actors, there’s an actor who possibly could be a football player.

We don’t know whether Christian Bale, who plays Batman on screen, can run fast or throw a ball or tackle large, sweaty men. But he was arrested on Tuesday, so he at least has something in common with a segment of the players in the league.

Bale, 34, was busted for allegedly assaulting his mother and his sister.

And we fully recognize that this post deviates into the realm of the off-topic, but we’ve been looking for an excuse to share our thoughts on the greatest . . . movie . . . ever made, The Dark Knight.

Frankly, we didn’t like it.

It was way too long and, at times, it was way too slow. The much-touted intelligence of the film was way too overt.

And maybe the chorus of critics, one of whom compared the thing to Michaelangelo’s David, gave us expectations that never could have been satisfied.

Regardless, it felt like a laregly wasted three hours. Bale’s lead character had an incredibly annoying old lady smoker’s voice when he was playing Bruce Wayne’s alter ego. And, frankly, we doubt that there would be so much fawning over Heath Ledger’s performance as the Joker if Ledger were still alive.

Ledger was very, very good. But not nearly as downright-freakin’-EDITEDFORBOYSZONE-in-your-pants-creepy as Javier Bardem in No Country for Old Men.

At one point, when Bale and Michael Caine, who played Alfred the Butler, were exchanging lines, we were reminded of a certain film featuring both men that was ten times better than The Dark Knight. (A free one-year subscription to PFT goes to the first reader to name it. And the second one. And, well, all of them. And the people who get it wrong. And those who don’t make a guess at all.)

What say you, PFT Planet? Are we right on The Dark Knight, or are we just getting too damn old to know what’s good and what isn’t?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Too slow? I can understand not liking the length. Some people just can't sit still for 2.5 hours. But too slow? I kinda wished they'd slowed the pacing down a bit. It was balls to the wall for 2.5 hours.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2154024 said:
Too slow? I can understand not liking the length. Some people just can't sit still for 2.5 hours. But too slow? I kinda wished they'd slowed the pacing down a bit. It was balls to the wall for 2.5 hours.

Exactly. There were at least 2 and most of the time 3 distinct arcs interweaving and all happening at the same time.

I cant believe Florio is reporting on what Christian Bale does in his free time, does he aspire to be Perez Hilton?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
another reason to believe florio and that site are a bunch of idiots.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue;2153919 said:
You need to rent "Batman Begins" first...

These two movies are as "uncomic booky comic book movies" as they can be...

Its probably not required, my mother saw the movie (she never saw Begins) and she really enjoyed it, all she needed to know was who Luscios Fox and Rachel were and what they meant to Bruce/Batman.

MC KAos

Reaction score
theogt;2154024 said:

i agree, i couldnt decide when i should go to the bathroom the third time i went to see it, i just held it the whole movie so i didnt miss anything.

trickblue

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2154370 said:
Its probably not required, my mother saw the movie (she never saw Begins) and she really enjoyed it, all she needed to know was who Luscios Fox and Rachel were and what they meant to Bruce/Batman.

No... the two movies can stand on their own, but it sure helps to understand the background going in...

Just a bit more enjoyable I would think...

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
trickblue;2154433 said:
No... the two movies can stand on their own, but it sure helps to understand the background going in...

Just a bit more enjoyable I would think...

Yeah, I agree. BEGINS is its own thing as is TDK -- though it is a clear sequel to BEGINS.

Someone said Bane -- no Bane in the next one, trust me. ;) I also wouldn't expect the "expected" either.

trickblue

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;2154483 said:
Yeah, I agree. BEGINS is its own thing as is TDK -- though it is a clear sequel to BEGINS.

Someone said Bane -- no Bane in the next one, trust me. ;) I also wouldn't expect the "expected" either.

Thank God no Bane...

I assume by don't expect the expected that Penguin or Riddler aren't the focus of the next one, although they could play bit parts...